• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2, Star Fox Zero & Mario Kart 8 running at 60fps with Cemu's latest version

Drop Resident Evil VII, people can play it free on PC.

In fact Nintendo had better cancel all forthcoming 3DS games, because that thing has been hacked wide open at this point.

You know, one day someone might hack the Switch, just to be safe they should cancel the Switch too. You can't hack into and pirate games for a console that doesn't even exist! It's the ultimate security!

Cerium

This is a brilliant idea, telling 14 million people who are actual customers that bought a Wii U to fuck off so they can give the finger to like 1,000 people who actually have used Cemu.

The hysteria that goes on about piracy is both hilarious and mind-boggling sometimes.
In fact Nintendo had better cancel all forthcoming 3DS games, because that thing has been hacked wide open at this point.

You know, one day someone might hack the Switch, just to be safe they should cancel the Switch too. You can't hack into and pirate games for a console that doesn't even exist! It's the ultimate security!
You seem very emotional and defensive.

You seem very emotional and defensive.

You made a really stupid argument. I mean it should be blindingly obvious to anyone that in a situation where you can choose between revenue and no revenue, you choose revenue. Releasing BotW for Wii U results in revenue. Not releasing it results in no revenue. This is such a basic concept of business that it shouldn't even be proposed that someone chooses no revenue instead of revenue.

Cerium

You made a really stupid argument. I mean it should be blindingly obvious to anyone that in a situation where you can choose between revenue and no revenue, you choose revenue. Releasing BotW for Wii U results in revenue. Not releasing it results in no revenue. This is such a basic concept of business that it shouldn't even be proposed that someone chooses no revenue instead of revenue.
If the game is readily available on PC an enormous userbase will have no incentive to buy Nintendo's new system on which their entire future depends. Note that I have not resorted to calling you stupid for failing to acknowledge this.

I could also argue that ditching the WiiU would've benefited consumers due to the fact that features were withheld from the Switch version for the sake of parity. But this is a thread about emulation.

Ruff

I tried my Bayo 2 dump... Horrible ear splitting beeps constantly. I hope that gets fixed because it seems like they've had that issue forever.

Well these games also play at 60fps on Wii U with no sound problem. Not impressed yet. That said if my Wii U/gamepad dies one day I am happy to know there will be other alternatives.

Honestly if I were Nintendo I would just cancel the WiiU version of Zelda.

The vast majority of people are not going to be "dumping disks" to play this on PC.

CEMU takes quite a bit of work to get running. PC gamers who have a good enough PC to run it perfectly with no hitches are in a small pool compared to the people who already have the system and plan to play it. Additionally, emulation takes time to get down and optimized. These dudes aren't going to get it running perfectly when it drops. And the people who are gonna pirate are gonna do so regardless of the months it'll take to get it to a working point.

That's even mentioning how wasteful it'd be considering the discs are probably on the way to be printed and how it'd punishing Wii U owners to "combat" a small portion of pirates who can run it.

I guess they should get rid of VC stuff too, since that's easily emulateable as well.

Xhaner5

Neo Member
Weird, never heard of StarFox Zero before ... looking it up now, thought it was a game for Switch that I missed, graphics said there's something wrong.

The vast majority of people are not going to be "dumping disks" to play this on PC.

The number of people that will be able to play this wouldn't even be close to making any sort of dent in the sales of the game. That is if it even runs acceptably near launch, the emulator runs a few games well, even if with some glitches on some, but it's far from being a good way to emulate every game.

koss424

Does it count as piracy if they stop producing Wii U and eventually stores stop selling them and you're stuck in the used market. I have a Wii U myself but I do wonder about that. I know plenty of people play SNES roms on emulators without owning the hardware.

Of course it still counts as privacy

Dunkley

That's some pretty words there buddy, however if you ask me you're making the mistake here assuming that they'll lose out on a huge number of sales due to people with extremely beefy PCs being possibly able to emulate this to a certain extent.

I'd say that statement of yours holds more value in roughly 5-10 years from now, assuming hardware to run CEMU becomes that affordable by then and emulation has improved, then I'll agree not as much people will buy it anymore compared to pirating it, but right now piracy is mostly a non issue because most Nintendo Fans with enough money to buy the PC hardware to afford emulating on CEMU probably have bought a WiiU or will buy a Switch anyway at this point. The rest of the people with beefy PCs who want to play BotW, yet do not want to buy a Switch or WiiU for it, but would if emulation wasn't an option holds itself relatively slim, and that's assuming everyone who falls into that outlandish category also wants to break the law and pirate the game to play it.

And, to note besides all that, proper compatibility at launch is not guaranteed. You can't assume people will be aching to play a buggy emulation that might have issues running full speed with potential sound issues instead of just buying it on a platform they probably already own if they care about playing BotW in its' launch window.

I mean yeah, maybe there's someone out there who goes: Damn, that's right up my alley, But I assume most people won't jump on that possiblity and definitely not enough to make any notably dent in its' launch sales, let alone the majority of its' lifetime sales even if emulation improves.

Everyone who cares about BotW will buy it, saying the vast majority is going to pirate it pretty ridiculous and sells gamers short.

Top Bottom