• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very disappointed in Platinum with regard to this decision. To take something birthed and nurtured on the HD twins and then betray the fanbase in favor of an entirely different ecosystem... this is a crying shame.

I won't be buying anymore of your games, Platinum.

PS: I unliked you on Facebook too.

Adam Blade
(╯︵╰,)
(Today, 03:08 PM)

Ridley327

I wish Nintendo would buy the publishing rights to some huge game just so I can see the fanboy outrage. And also play it.

The only other game I could see drawing as much of a reaction (and probably more, at that) would be the next Souls game by FROM Software. Hell, Nintendo has already copied the messaging system into the Miiverse hooks for games!

D_prOdigy

The box-art's nice, but it simply serves to remind me of the girl who I saw on an open day just before I started university who looked exactly like Bayonetta. I never saw her again.

/thatstotallywhyidon'thaveagirlfriend.jpg

The only other game I could see drawing as much of a reaction (and probably more, at that) would be the next Souls game by FROM Software. Hell, Nintendo has already copied the messaging system into the Miiverse hooks for games!

It would have to be a game where the developer/publisher gets no benefit from the game being multiplatform (Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest apply here) and is not already heavily invested in the HD system ecosystem.

I could see, say, maybe Lost Planet or something going exclusive.

Pimpbaa

I'm very disappointed in Platinum with regard to this decision. To take something birthed and nurtured on the HD twins and then betray the fanbase in favor of an entirely different ecosystem... this is a crying shame.

Not sure if serious.

Nibel

Holy crap, you unliked them on Facebook? Now, if you unfollow their Twitter page.. shit. You can't pull that off dude - have mercy with them, seriously.

I bet we can work out something - don't overreact now

Qurupeke

Yes, I did change the color on the gun and the ribbons to blue to fit the Bayonetta 2 trailer
and here:

As you can see the Bayonetta pic itself is small (edit: nevermind, I fixed it) so there's not a bigger version
but it does its job and finally I'm not including Sega's logo since they don't anything to do with the game besides owning the IP aka irrelevance

Man, that's awesome. :eek: I'd buy this game only for the cover.

antonz

Kamiya learns well. When asked if we will see Bayo 2 in 2013 his reponse is

proxy.jpg

wrowa

I also cry myself to sleep every night over the decision to make this game. I clearly would have had more fun playing a cancelled game.

Forever

Banned

Go organize a protest at the Nintendo Consulate or something, throw some rocks, kill an Ambassador program.

squidyj

still don't think I'll get a Wii U until more games come out for it at least, right now this is the only one I'm really interested in. I hope it's a good game but I'm disappointed that I won't be able to play it without buying a new console.

LaneDS

It would have to be a game where the developer/publisher gets no benefit from the game being multiplatform (Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest apply here) and is not already heavily invested in the HD system ecosystem.

I could see, say, maybe Lost Planet or something going exclusive.

Mostly unrelated, but I have a feeling Lost Planet 3 will sink that franchise for good.

Beth Cyra

Mostly unrelated, but I have a feeling Lost Planet 3 will sink that franchise for good.
They are already creating spin offs based on that world and given the platforms and look it could actually make it more viable in Japan regardless of what happens with 3, so I'm not so sure calling it's demise is wise at this point.

Kreed

I bought the original Bayonetta on the 360, so I can understand "some" of the people upset in this thread that they won't see the sequel on the 360/PS3. But Nintendo saved this sequel, and as big supporter of Clover/Platinum Games, I'll definitely be buying a Wii U to play this. Hopefully Vanquish 2 comes to the system as well to give me more reasons to pick up a Wii U.

Hakai

This can't be real!

You realize this is probably the only way Bayonetta 2 would exist, right?

mj1108

If you are going to be mad, be mad at Sony and MS for not saving this game. They more than likely could have, but they didn't.

I wrote 'Platinum' on a piece of paper and then wiped my butt with it.

MrT-Tar

Is this a gaf in-joke that's gone over my junior head, or is this guy for real?

My sarcasm meter has been playing up all week. Damn thing never works. Anyway could you put my mind at ease and tell me if you're serious or not. I'm so unsure.

qq more

(╯︵╰,)

TheChits

So, um, is this a joke post?
KuGsj.gif

Wii U is a "different ecosystem"? Best word all day lol

Kato

Besides the obvious bullshit there was no nurturing going on with the PS3 version, it was a abomination.

And to stay in your line of overdramatic wording; There was no conception for a sequel. Platinum Games was fucked once and kicked out of the house by the "twins" as soon as Baby Bayo could walk . Although these fans were kind to her they were too few to support a second kid.

So Nintendo stepped up, wooed Pg, showered her with monies and a promise to take care of the kid Nintendo would call it's own and they had a stormy sweaty night. Now they are expecting and are working on the nursery.

And these "fans" first begged for a second child now spit on her and her mommy because they are afraid to face the daddy.

meh.

Besides that; I did not like them on FB before, now I do. Balance is returned.

Verendus

Banned
Question: Didn't Bayonetta bomb?

Why not create a new IP instead of a sequel? I mean, the game still has the talent behind the likes of Vanquish and Bayonetta, but why a sequel to the latter? Wouldn't this be a good chance to establish something new and potentially get a successful franchise considering it will be releasing on a new console? Seems like it would be one of those opportunities you'd want to take advantage of by starting fresh. The most important thing in this deal, I feel, is the exclusive rights to a game by Platinum Games. Not that it's Bayonetta 2. There's a certain level of quality to expect considering the developers behind it.

Sidenote: I've never played Bayonetta. It looks aesthetically shit for my tastes, although I'm aware it's quite acclaimed for its gameplay.

ffdgh

Why not create a new IP instead of a sequel? I mean, the game still has the talent behind the likes of Vanquish and Bayonetta, but why a sequel to the latter? Wouldn't this be a good chance to establish something new and potentially get a successful franchise considering it will be releasing on a new console?

Seems like it would be one of those opportunities you'd want to take advantage of by starting fresh.

Sidenote: I've never played Bayonetta. It looks aesthetically shit for my tastes, although I'm aware it's quite acclaimed for its gameplay. But, I loved Vanquish and am well aware of the talent behind PG when it comes to some of the stuff they've made.

Nintendo apparently wants to get back the hardcore.....and looking at how most of the internet reacted, they're off to a good start lol

Risette

A Good Citizen
Sidenote: I've never played Bayonetta. It looks aesthetically shit for my tastes, although I'm aware it's quite acclaimed for its gameplay. But, I loved Vanquish and am well aware of the talent behind PG when it comes to some of the stuff they've made.
I imagine it'd be easier to understand why make a sequel instead of a new franchise when you play the game.

Also,
No, not really.

JoeInky

Why not create a new IP instead of a sequel? I mean, the game still has the talent behind the likes of Vanquish and Bayonetta, but why a sequel to the latter? Wouldn't this be a good chance to establish something new and potentially get a successful franchise considering it will be releasing on a new console?

It's more of a gesture for the fans of the game than a straight-up business move (though it still is one really). They're basically saying "We're going to make the game you all wanted to happen but got cancelled happen", Nintendo has more than enough things that sell like gangbusters, so they can afford to fund more niche titles like bayonetta.

And I still believe 2 will sell really well with the marketing power of nintendo behind it, selling 1 million across 2 consoles with barely any advertising is pretty good.

Kato

Why not create a new IP instead of a sequel? I mean, the game still has the talent behind the likes of Vanquish and Bayonetta, but why a sequel to the latter? Wouldn't this be a good chance to establish something new and potentially get a successful franchise considering it will be releasing on a new console? Seems like it would be one of those opportunities you'd want to take advantage of by starting fresh. The most important thing in this deal, I feel, is the exclusive rights to a game by Platinum Games. Not that it's Bayonetta 2. There's a certain level of quality to expect considering the developers behind it.

Sidenote: I've never played Bayonetta. It looks aesthetically shit for my tastes, although I'm aware it's quite acclaimed for its gameplay.

You are not alone in this. But by god man the gameplay, the sweet sweet gameplay.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.

Well, Platinum is making a new IP too for the Wii U - The Wonderful 101. However, judging by thread length, this game has made far more impact.

How does it look like shit aesthetically, exactly? And if you like P*, why not just give it a shot?

It didn't bomb, exactly, it could have just done better.

Verendus

Banned
Nintendo apparently wants to get back the hardcore.....and looking at how most of the internet reacted, they're off to a good start lol
That would make sense. It's not like Nintendo is hurting for big sellers with stuff like Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda and DK. So, basically courting the core audience to gain goodwill. From that perspective, smart move. I wonder if this will essentially lead to a exclusive relationship with PG. That would be something impressive.

I imagine it'd be easier to understand why make a sequel instead of a new franchise when you play the game.

Also,

No, not really.
That really has nothing to do with what I'm saying, but okay...

It has been settled, if you don't want a Vanquish sequel, none of us can have it either. Good to know.

I pretty obviously do not make the decisions on whether a Vanquish sequel should exist or not, but if you are that offended by me not explicitly including the implied words "to me" in that post, I really get the feeling that it wouldn't matter to you if I were, anyway.

I just don't understand the rage. When I saw the news I had mixed feelings.

1. I was super excited that a sequel to the best game this generation was actually be in made. And

2. Slight disappointment because it means Nintendo just forced me to buy a Wii U fairly early in its life cycle (likely day one) despite wanting to wait and pick it up cheaper down the track. Clever bastards.

Rage is unwarranted. Because there was little chance the game was getting a sequel without Nintendo's help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom