• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffdgh

Stolen from the other thread:

jIPUOKN24C5xk.png

well he apparently doesn't age so yeah lol

Esiquio

Was reading an article about Wii U today on The Verge and saw this, and laughed, thinking of this thread:

The Verge said:
It's great that Activision and EA are on board, and no one will complain about Platinum Games bringing an exclusive title like Bayonetta 2 to the platform.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The only downside to Bayonetta 2 is the high bar of trying to top (ending spoiler)
punching God herself into the sun
. There's...not many places to go from there.

As others have pointed out he is from the US. There was this one too, which is even worse since it threatens an entire nation.

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/247209898377637888

Sure, whoever it was almost certainly doesn't have nuclear capabilities but the fact that they would wish such a fate on a nation is ridiculously insensitive, even moreso to one that has had to deal with that exact situation in the past. I am glad Kamiya takes it in stride and/or doesn't take it seriously, but that doesn't excuse it.

That's just sad, all for just one game. I don't understand this world.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
The only downside to Bayonetta 2 is the high bar of trying to top (ending spoiler)

What about the Devil? She could be getting tired of him yanking her chain.

hao chi

I just finished another playthrough of Bayonetta and that part had me laughing my ass off. Too good.

HYDE

Banned
Bayonetta-2-credits.jpg

Did some research...for those interested.

These are previous games worked on by these individuals.

Atsushi Inaba:RECodeVX/DMC1/VJ1/2/Okami/GodHand/MadWorld/Vanquish

Yusuke Hashimoto: RE3/Zero/Remake/4/DMC1/GodHand/Bayonetta

Mari Shimazaki: Okami/GodHand/Bayonetta

Yusuke Kan:RE3/Remake/4/DinoCrisis1/2/Onimusha/Okami/MadWorld/Bayonetta/Vanquish

Hirono Sato: MadWorld/Nights Journey(SEGA?)

Masami Imamura: Vanquish

Takaaki Yamaguchi: DMC1/Remake/Bayonetta/Vanquish

Hiroki Onishi: RE3/DMC1/2(Ouch!)/Vanquish

Koji Tanaka: Vanquish

Misaki Tsukamoto: (?)

Shuichiro Chiboshi: Vanquish

Kazunori Inoue: RE1/2/3/Remake/4/DMC1/GodHand/Bayonetta/Vanquish

Masami Ueda: RE1/2/3/DMC1/VJ1/2/Okami/Bayonetta/Vanquish

Daisuke Sakata: Okami/GodHand/Bayonetta/Vanquish

Hideki Kamiya: RE1/2/DMC1/VJ1/2/Okami/Bayonetta

Feel free to help fill in anything missing and/or correct any mistakes.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You can always punch reality or some shit.

Not hard to top that. You ever see Gurren Lagann? There's always a way to make things bigger and more epic.

Yeah but that was a terrible show!

Bayonetta-2-credits.jpg

Yosuke Hashimoto: RE3/Zero/Remake/4/DMC1/GodHand/Bayonetta

Yosuke Kan:RE3/Remake/4/DinoCrisis1/2/Onimusha/Okami/MadWorld/Bayonetta/Vanquish

Dat pedigree

JPKellams

Bayonetta-2-credits.jpg

Yosuke Hashimoto: RE3/Zero/Remake/4/DMC1/GodHand/Bayonetta

Yosuke Kan:RE3/Remake/4/DinoCrisis1/2/Onimusha/Okami/MadWorld/Bayonetta/Vanquish

Yusuke. Not Yosuke.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Hirono Sato as lead game design is kinda eh. Last thing the guy was lead of was MadWorld, and he wasn't part of the original Bayonetta team. The original lead designer, Hiroshi Shibata, isn't on Bayonetta 2. Fingers crossed Hashimoto can keep the project quality up to a high standard.

nordique

Hirono Sato as lead game design is kinda eh. Last thing the guy was lead of was MadWorld, and he wasn't part of the original Bayonetta team. The original lead designer, Hiroshi Shibata, isn't on Bayonetta 2. Fingers crossed Hashimoto can keep the project quality up to a high standard.

That's great news...I loved Mad World

HYDE

Banned
In regards to the trailer...I just noticed that for Bayonetta 1 it starts out with a full moon and white feathers. Bayonetta 2 starts out with a half moon and black feathers. Instead of red Scarborough Fair it's blue (I know how many times it's been pointed out).

I also find it crazy how many individuals from Vanquish are now on Bayonetta 2.
Makes me wonder if the next game will be even more insane.

Erethian

He (Hiroshi Shibata that is) is probably working with Kamiya on the Wonderful 101. Seems there's a fair number of people from the Vanquish team working on this game, which isn't surprising.

Endo Punk

In regards to the trailer...I just noticed that for Bayonetta 1 it starts out with a full moon and white feathers. Bayonetta 2 starts out with a half moon and black feathers. Instead of red Scarborough Fair it's blue (I know how many times it's been pointed out).

I also find it crazy how many individuals from Vanquish are now on Bayonetta 2.
Makes me wonder if the next game will be even more insane.

One will need to have a Doctor's permission slip in order to play Bayonetta 2.

Erethian

I guess gamers in Japan don't hate the Wii U as much as some western gamers do. If you never intend to buy the Wii U and openly dislike the console, of course you are more offended (not saying it isn't a very dumb stance though).

Might also be because people in Japan who act that way stick to 2ch trolling.

Yusuke Kan:RE3/Remake/4/DinoCrisis1/2/Onimusha/Okami/MadWorld/Bayonetta/Vanquish

motherofgod.gif

Nibel

Yeah, but most of the others did work on the first Bayonetta

And let's be honest - it's PlatinumGames. They got "Platinum" even in their name.

monome

Seems Nintendo is happy to push the Bayonetta IP.
Hopefully they support another new IP after Wonderful 101.

yep, Miyamoto x Kamiya IP, I'm dreaming about you...

2San

I guess gamers in Japan don't hate the Wii U as much as some western gamers do. If you never intend to buy the Wii U and openly dislike the console, of course you are more offended (not saying it isn't a very dumb stance though).
Aren't Japanese gamers kinda indifferent to consoles in general?

This doesn't happen in Japan because they don't have many people over there who perpetuate middle school antics about Nintendo being "for kids" or having "kiddie systems" or Mario not being "hardcore" enough. They also care less about things looking the prettiest and more about things being quirky and fun (which are both two of Nintendo's key objectives, and that is honestly probably why). Nintendo caters primarily to a Japanese audience and their desires because they are a Japanese company. On the flip side most people in Japan don't like most western games. It's really a culture difference. They just typically aren't as rude and antagonistic about it. Death threats to Kamiya really are inexcusable and reflect poorly on the county as a whole.

But hey, Americans are well known as being self-entitled for a reason.

Can't tar all with the same brush, but it has been primarily 'Western' audiences, Twitter, etc. Truthfully, after the death threats, I would totally understand if Platinum Games stopped supporting those consoles as a point of principle. Nothing less than some of those people deserve.

Ezalc

Bayonetta-2-credits.jpg

Dat Godhand dream team, we're never getting anything like that game again are we? Goddamn it Capcpom. :C

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure Kamiya has said there are people like that in Japan as well

There probably isn't as huge of a backlash though as the Wii-u has secured Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter as launch window titles, which is like one console grabbing a new Halo and Uncharted over here.

Bayonetta-2-credits.jpg

I see quite a bit of goodness games in there. Here's to keeping fingers crossed :)

My gut twisted.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I think that was more a limitation of the concept than anything though

monome

My gut twisted.

Come the fucking on...

Kamiya will eat his own balls before PG ships a lesser Bayonetta.
and this is PG only profitable IP...

but for Kamiya not to direct, whether he feels the engine is still very strong for WiiU and a technical guy like Hashimoto will make the best of it on WiiU, or he probably was offered something even more delicious.

If Kamiya sexualises a Nintendo IP, I'll tatoo my dick with his name.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I think that they'll add a particular feature to the game: the more you touch her (on the gamepad), the more she becomes hot and powerful

;p

Come the fucking on...

Kamiya will eat his own balls before PG ships a lesser Bayonetta.
and this is PG only profitable IP...

but for Kamiya not to direct, whether he feels the engine is still very strong for WiiU and a technical guy like Hashimoto will make the best of it on WiiU, or he probably was offered something even more delicious.

If Kamiya sexualises a Nintendo IP, I'll tatoo my dick with his name.
I thought MadWorld was a special kind of awful. Hearing that gave me a moment of doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom