• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garjon

I am in two minds about this. On one hand, I am glad that someone like Kamiya and his lot are able to keep making quality games and I am glad that Nintendo-only gamers will get to enjoy a Bayonetta game. However, I am disappointed in that I will probably never be able to buy this game as I find the Wii U an unattractive purchase, partly due to Nintendo's policies regarding online play in the past (and from what I've seen from their PR events) and for having to pay upto £300 for a console with (at this stage) very limited next-gen tech.

Additionally, this shows that Nintendo are willing to pay for third party exclusives, which has been a worrying trend for the current generation overall. It was always going to happen at some point, but I believe the fanbases of many games are going to miss out on playing their favourite games series' quite heavily next generation.

Also some of the posts, from both sides of the spectrum, have been utterly pathetic. Wishing a game to be cancelled just because it's on a system you likely won't buy is just tragic, as are the posters crying 'salt' at every bit of criticism.

zroid

Banned
What the fuck is this shit.

Go ahead and laugh, I guess it's cool to make fun of everyone who is upset this is a Wii-U exclusive.

Bayonetta is one of my favorite games of all time and I have no intention of buying a Wii-U... I wouldn't mind if it was a Microsoft or Sony exclusive because at least they still have other games to play on their system that are in the vein of Bayonetta.

Putting Bayonetta 2 exclusively on a family friendly Mario console is the dumbest fucking thing I have ever heard of.

This is a parody post, right? But of what?

I mean... it has to be...

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.

Go ahead and laugh, I guess it's cool to make fun of everyone who is upset this is a Wii-U exclusive.

Bayonetta is one of my favorite games of all time and I have no intention of buying a Wii-U... I wouldn't mind if it was a Microsoft or Sony exclusive because at least they still have other games to play on their system that are in the vein of Bayonetta.

Putting Bayonetta 2 exclusively on a family friendly Mario console is the dumbest fucking thing I have ever heard of.

Fun fact- there is currently one console that has 2 Platinum games exclusives announced for it.

Kunan

they have so many franchises people want sequels for years now,why not making a new starfox,super metroid or mario 64-2

why do they have to steal our games?and that's exactly what they do,taking a beloved 3rd party franchise and making it exclusive so others can't play it is stealing
Nobody would be playing this game otherwise. SEGA is keeping the IP and can make decisions in the future about further games if/when their financial situation changes. I don't see how Nintendo stole this from you.

The way it seems is if Nintendo didn't fund this there wouldn't even be a sequel. So no sequel at all, or sequel on a console by a company that wanted to fund and publish it. Makes sense. Be happy.

Can't it offer both family friendly AND mature titles?
Not sure why not.

Anyway - its on Nintendo cause Nintendo were willing to pay for its development, no one else was.

they have so many franchises people want sequels for years now,why not making a new starfox,super metroid or mario 64-2

why do they have to steal our games?and that's exactly what they do,taking a beloved 3rd party franchise and making it exclusive so others can't play it is stealing

lol

i feel like
image.php

If I'd known there'd be this much salt I would have started making some french fries

hatchx

Banned

...b-b-b-but ZombiU?

....and Darksiders 2, Mass Effect 3, Arkham City, Assassins Creed 3, Madden, Fifa, Aliens, Call of Duty, 007- hell this is the best lineup Nintendo has had on a console at launch.

People on GAF sicken me. These can't be the same people that post in the monthly pick up threads. I buy less games in a year than you guys do in a month, but you're complaining about this? Where am I?

Forever

Banned

Oh my god is this man serious.

I would say this announcement could not have gone better for Nintendo. Whether you feel good, bad, or indifferent to this announcement, people are talking about the Wii U in a way that no one could have forseen coming out of the disappointing E3 presentation.

Yeah I agree. Its definately at least got people thinking about it. Certainly better than apathy. Crazy how just one game annoucement can accomplish that.

CLEEK

The massive irony being missed by the entitled rage is that Bayonetta 1 was effectively an exclusive on the 360, what with the, um, interesting PS3 port.

Guys, I don't think you understand.

By the looks of it, it was not a game until Nintendo made it a game. Simply taking Nintendo out of the picture and relying on Sega as publisher seems to be a distortion of what actually happened.

Pimpbaa

Did this happen when Resident Evil 4 was announced as Gamecube exclusive? I can't remember. Anyway, I hope Nintendo funds more Sega games. This could be something awesome.

gdt

Holy shit wow. Come from work, and get megaton'd hard.

Wii U exclusive, wow wow wow wow wow. I'll buy all the consoles, so fine by me.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon

But how is it a "family friendly Mario" console when it has Ninja Gaiden 3, Black Ops 2, Bayonetta 2, and many others games like that ? Is it what you consider family friendly games ? I guess the PS3 and 360 are also family friendly uh ?

You are pretty amusing!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

This has to be trolling. Has to be

M-PG71C

This thread is fucking sad, end of story. I for one will be buying Bayonetta 2 and P-100. They will both be absolutely amazing and I'm happy as hell that we're actually getting a sequel to one of the best fucking action games released last-generation.

Sorry for all those too salty to get over petty bullshit.

abadguy

Banned
It seems if Nintendo wasn't publishing Bayonetta 2, it would not even get made.

It's an awkward one.

Imagine your favourite multiplatform third party game just doesn't sell that well. Nobody is interested in publishing it. Out of nowhere, the publisher you are not interested decides to invest in the sequel but the catch is you have to buy that publisher's hardware to play it.

Even if you won't buy or borrow a WiiU to play it, the only way to approach this circumstance is to be happy others DO get to play it and hope it keeps the franchise relevant into the future.

This is not at all like what Capcom has done with Monster Hunter or what Square-Enix has done with Kingdom Hearts. They somewhat abused their fans by radically switching big franchises to different hardware (from Sony to Nintendo, usually). I can understand some of the bitter tears, for single console owners especially.

Yeah, i have nothing against Nintendo or the Wii U, in fact i haven't had any real opinion on it whatsoever up to this point before the Bayonetta announcement. I was planning on getting one eventually though anyway though. Just seems like anyone who is even a lttile annoyed by this is being pigeonholed as a fanboy because of a few crazies on this site and Twitter. Or accused of hating the WiiU and Nintendo.

Raxus

...b-b-b-but ZombiU?

....and Darksiders 2, Mass Effect 3, Arkham City, Assassins Creed 3, Madden, Fifa, Aliens, Call of Duty, 007- hell this is the best lineup Nintendo has had on a console at launch.

Everyone knows once you buy a console no other games will be announced for it.

Honestly this is perhaps Nintendo's biggest attempt to get on board with 3rd parties and props to them for trying at least.

Now if you read your post back to yourself, Bayonetta 2 on the WiiU will be the second dumbest thing you've ever heard.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40266046&postcount=10557

- Love Kamiya, not crazy about the Mad World team but they still do interesting and fresh stuff.

You guys know how Iwata managed to convince Capcom to put Monster Hunter on the 3DS despite the obvious success they had with the PSP? He might not get a coup quite like that again with the Wii U, but he's trying the same with third parties, regardless.

Thanks for the heads-up Shocking Alberto

EDIT: Seems it was a coincidence that Kamiya was mentioned just before this phrase...

vg260

Yes, though I use my 360 the least and bought it for Death Tank, Banjo, Shadow Complex and Lost Odyssey mainly. PS3 and Wii get about the same usage time (playing through SOTC at the moment on the former and still trying to complete DKCR on the latter), with most of my current gaming divided between my PSP, 3DS, iPhone and PC. No Vita.

Not sure how its relevant but there is your answer. Why do you ask?

Your compilation post comes off as a little smug, implying that everyone has the means to buy every system and anyone disappointed in the slightest that they won't get to play it on their system of choice is some kind of ridiculous blow-up rife for mockery.

If Sony picked this game up and made it a Vita exclusive, I'd find it hard to believe you wouldn't be disappointed in some way if you have no plans to buy a Vita. Wouldn't it be frustrating for you if you couldn't buy a Vita in this hypothetical or a Wii U in reality?

Yeah there is some completely irrational ranting going on, and the game might not have been made otherwise. However, I think there's a huge gap between that and being disappointed in the situation because you are not getting a Wii U for whatever reason when this game does not change that viability for a person.

That wall of shame is absolutely fantastic, but it's interesting that I haven't seen the Bayonetta deniers: fans who after hearing Wii U suddenly declaring that Bayonetta is irrelevant and not interesting.

VariantX

Right, because that kinect thing and all those family focused games for the Xbox360 didnt happen at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom