• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setero

Neo Member
My first response upon reading about this was to ask who Hashimoto was? I really don't care about exclusivity. I wish Kamiya was director but since he isn't I hope he can give some good advice beyond "do what you want".

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Did this happen when Resident Evil 4 was announced as Gamecube exclusive? I can't remember. Anyway, I hope Nintendo funds more Sega games. This could be something awesome.

Wasn't the PS2 port announced shortly after RE4 was announced for GC, something like that?

A reminder, for history, that the above responses were these gamers gratitude for the unexpected resurrection of a dead franchise that they apparently love.

Quote for brilliance.

On topic: It's nice to see Nintendo reaching out for third party developers. The ending of the SEGA deal with Platinum, and the proximity of Sakurai and Sora with Platinum is a good sign that, if this goes well, Platinum could turn into a second party developer for Nintendo. Which we all know, would be awesome.

antonz

I will buy 5 copies just to thank Nintendo for giving the franchise a chance to continue on and for this fantastic thread

Jarmel

Banned
This is seriously starting to give the FFXIII thread a run for its money.

The worst part is this makes even less sense than even that. People seem to be missing this fundamental concept: If Nintendo hadn't bought out the rights, the game wouldn't be coming out. Period.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
EDIT: On second thought, maybe that was a bit strong...

Still, people shouldn't be reacting so strongly to this. At least Bayonetta 2 will EXIST, where it wouldn't otherwise.

Aesthet1c

Can't it offer both family friendly AND mature titles?
Not sure why not.

Anyway - its on Nintendo cause Nintendo were willing to pay for its development, no one else was.

It can, and that would be great if it does... but the Wii-U looks like the same Wii garbage. It's a system with a gimmicky controller that will have great Mario and Zelda games, and a rare amount of good third party games. Mario and Zelda games don't interest me as much as they did in the N64 days and prior, and I have no intention of buying a Wii-U for one game.

I really don't see myself being able to afford multiple next gen consoles so even though I love Bayonetta, I'd rather put my money on a system I can expect to have more games to my liking.

I understand Nintendo is willing to put the money up for this, but that doesn't mean nobody else would have. If Nintendo didn't green light this already someone else would have in the next couple years no doubt. I'm just disappointed they were the ones to snatch it up.

why do they have to steal our games?and that's exactly what they do,taking a beloved 3rd party franchise and making it exclusive so others can't play it is stealing

zLoHT.jpg

Daschysta

they have so many franchises people want sequels for years now,why not making a new starfox,super metroid or mario 64-2

why do they have to steal our games?and that's exactly what they do,taking a beloved 3rd party franchise and making it exclusive so others can't play it is stealing

i am a bayonetta fan

Jesus christ. Those games, and this game was never "yours"

This in no way effects Nintendo's first party output, Nintendo gamers will get Nintendo's amazing flagship titles. Nintendo is releasing a game that people have wanted a sequel of for years, it is called Pikmin 3. This game was canceled for "your" precious console. It wasn't coming. Nintendo saved this game. Wtf does "our" mean, you aren't entitled to anything. If the game is that precious to you go buy a Wii-U, it isn't "ours" anymore than this game was ever "yours".

My goodness, some of this whining is pathetic.

Although more whining is sure to come given how close Nintendo seems with Platinum these days, taking a risk publishing this game and allowing them to develop their new original IP W101. Don't be suprised to see more platinum stuff come out on Ninconsoles in the future.

Your compilation post comes off as a little smug, implying that everyone has the means to buy every system and anyone disappointed in the slightest that they won't get to play it on their system of choice is some kind of ridiculous blow-up rife for mockery.

If Sony picked this game up and made it a Vita exclusive, I'd find it hard to believe you wouldn't be disappointed in some way if you have no plans to buy a Vita. Wouldn't it be frustrating for you if you couldn't buy a Vita in this hypothetical or a Wii U in reality?

Yeah there is some completely irrational ranting going on, but I think there's a huge gap between that and being disappointed in the situation because you are not getting a Wii U for whatever reason and this game does not chance that viability.

Right, lets say my most wanted game was announced as a Vita exclusive. Oh, I don't know, Legacy of Kain 6. Yeah, lets go with that.

You know what I'd do? I'd realise that I want to own a Vita. I'd save, trade in old consoles, and work my way to getting the console, because it has a game on it that I'd like to play.

I may then keep the console. Or I might sell it. I might explore the rest of its library, or consider it a purchase that granted access to a one-off game. That's a decision to make after the fact, I imagine.

I'd just be bloody grateful that a dead franchise, buried and utterly abandoned at present, had been revived in some form. I'd be happy that, miracle of miracles, it existed.

I like to think that I wouldn't start lambasting the company that chose to fund said long-shot project. I also like to hope that I wouldn't start mouthing off that it should be on all platforms, when the circumstances of its revival require it to be a Vita exclusive.

Does that help?

Hylian7

It can, and that would be great if it does... but the Wii-U looks like the same Wii garbage. It's a system with a gimmicky controller that will have great Mario and Zelda games, and a rare amount of good third party games. Mario and Zelda games don't interest me as much as they did in the N64 days and prior, and I have no intention of buying a Wii-U for one game.

I really don't see myself being able to afford multiple next gen consoles so even though I love Bayonetta, I'd rather put my money on a system I can expect to have more games to my liking.

I understand Nintendo is willing to put the money up for this, but that doesn't mean nobody else would have. If Nintendo didn't green light this already someone else would have in the next couple years no doubt. I'm just disappointed they were the ones to snatch it up.

For the few people that will get the joke with that.

Diablos54

This is the best thread I've seen since either the FF XIII thread or the DQ IX thread, whichever came later. If half of these salty posts are serious... WOW. This is some funny shit.

They're not Bayonetta fans.
I don't consider myself a Bayonetta fan per se although I'd probably play the sequel.

That being said (and not directed at you) I'm curious to know whether the people hooraying about getting Bayonetta 2 have actually played the first.
He said today he was told directly this game was cancelled- I do not think he was referring to Bayonetta when making that and other positive posts about Wii U.

I strongly suspect the post you linked to refers to Tales.
Vesperia 2?
Unless you

1) want to play the game

and

2) have the money for a Wii U

I KNOW THIS IS A REALLY SMALL SET OF PEOPLE
Meh. I could have money coming out the wazoo and I still don't think I could justify buying a console for one game.

abadguy

Banned
The massive irony being missed by the entitled rage is that Bayonetta 1 was effectively an exclusive on the 360, what with the, um, interesting PS3 port.

The fact that the PS3 had a "port" means it wasn't "exclusive" by any means. At the end of the day PS3 gamers could play it. "Entitled rage" is getting mad that a former exclusive went multiplatform even though you can still play it.

I can understand why people are angry, the sequel is not available on either platform the original was available on, and thus every fan of the game will have to invest in another console to play it.
It's pretty simple, and yes I understand the sequel may not have existed at all and all that jazz but my above point is all that matters.

LM4sure

Banned

Better get a second job then. I can afford the Wii u and bayonetta 2. Sorry you can't.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
This is the best thread I've seen since either the FF XIII thread or the DQ IX thread, whichever came later. If half of these salty posts are serious... WOW. This is some funny shit.

Its amazing. I mean, some of the DQ IX reactions actually made sense since it was known to be in development and it was traditionally a console franchise. But this time?

BadAss2961

It sold a little over a million units. Which really isn't that bad when you consider that DMC games sell in the 2m range.
Thanks.

I have no idea if or when i'll be getting a Wii U, but I don't mind at all that this went exclusive. Helps a lot that i've never even played Bayonetta outside the demo (lol) due to a poor PS3 release and no PC version. I've only seen GAF gush over it.

A game developed exclusively with one platform in mind usually does help quality. Good for Bayonetta, good for Nintendo.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.

I'm going to try and stop after this, but your logic here baffles me. You seem to be working backwards- starting from the proposition that Nintendo is not for you and that they will not have games that appeal to you.

Nintendo just rescued a series that you admitted that you love, and will be funding and publishing this game most likely in Wii U's first year. The studio that made it is also making another Wii U exclusive published by Nintendo.

I know this might blow your mind....but isn't it possible..that like..I dunno.. Wii U might actually have games you like?

Sheroking

I can understand why people are angry, the sequel is not available on either platform the original was available on, and thus every fan of the game will have to invest in another console to play it.

So basically, every single gamer has a right to be annoyed in a couple years when Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, etc are all only available on next-gen Microsoft and Sony consoles and not the current ones?

I actually don't understand it because it's ridiculous. Even if you won't buy a Wii U console for it, at least the game will exist.

I'm not saying you should. However, Nintendo at least intends to do different from Wii, they fronted money for this after all. You might one day buy the WiiU - not for one game but many games, one of them maybe being Bayo2 :)

You might not, in which case its a bit of a downer.

I honestly don't see it. It wasn't profitable on this gen, would anyone try to make it profitable for the big graphics jumps of PS4/720? The truth is they wouldn't have.

As I say, this game isn't all thats going to be on WiiU for the next 5 years, and we have no idea of the PS4/720 line up. Yes, your not getting WiiU when this game comes out. But that doesn't mean there won't be a number of games on option for you - surprises happen. As we saw today.

Matt

If Nintendo didn't green light this already someone else would have in the next couple years no doubt. I'm just disappointed they were the ones to snatch it up.

lol, what? "No doubt"? What in the world makes you think that Bayonetta 2 would have ever come out without Nintendo? It's not like they had to fight anyone for the game.

Daschysta

I can't imagine the rage that will explode out of computer screens everywhere once Nintendo purchases Platinum as a 2nd party developer after their deal with Sega is over with. (just speculation, but I wouldn't be suprised, Sega clearly isn't interested in publishing their games anymore, and Nintendo is looking to diversify it's portfolio. It would be like Monolith last gen except even more amazing.

Beth Cyra

Are you out of your damn mind?

Who was going to green light this? Ignoring the fact that one can't just green light a a Sega IP lets go down the list shall we?

Sony - Has it's own exclusive Action IP which also happens to be the best selling one in the genre as well as having several third party Ip's that cover this for them, hell they even have a back up who's character is being used yet again to keep her well known.

Micro - Has DmC and while it certainly has the money and could easily out bid Nintendo if they so choose, certianly didn't given what happened.

All that leaves is third parties, and who would be dumb enough to completely fit the bill for Sega and still let them have a cut? This isn't like Sleeping Dogs, even if they got the majority of the game the branding is one of the most important parts of this.

Sega unless something really, really amazing happens wouldn't be greenlighting this any time remotely soon.

What the fuck is this shit.

Go ahead and laugh, I guess it's cool to make fun of everyone who is upset this is a Wii-U exclusive.

Bayonetta is one of my favorite games of all time and I have no intention of buying a Wii-U... I wouldn't mind if it was a Microsoft or Sony exclusive because at least they still have other games to play on their system that are in the vein of Bayonetta.

Putting Bayonetta 2 exclusively on a family friendly Mario console is the dumbest fucking thing I have ever heard of.

Family friendly Mario console? What are you, a grown ass man(woman) hiding behind your screen? That's the BEST troll that you can give Nintendo? Grow up!

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
speaking of japanese culture, i wonder if this rage is exclusive to the western world or are there people raging over there in japan too?

I can't see why Japan would rage over this. Had Bayo 2 been announced as a 360 exclusive, then sure, I could see Japanese gamers rage, but this? Nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom