• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 3 is releasing on October 28, 2022.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I personally digging the visuals and from trailer it looks like solid frame rate.

But man this year is super busy for me, I'm no where near close being done with Sunbreak and Xenoblade 3 very close to release which is also huge game and October I have Mario + Rabbits and Bayonetta 3.

Not to mention games coming on my PS5 like Souls Hackers 2, Stray, Crisis Core FFVII Remake and Callisto Protocol.....
fuckme-jonahhill.gif

Majukun

can't say i was particularly impressed by the trailer, mainly because it looked more like bayo 2 than 1, and the combat doesn't seem to offer much more than a couple transformations and kaiju battles
will wait for impressions when the game is out

Jsisto

Anyone make out any of those song lyrics? Curious what this games theme song is. Bayonetta’s versions of Fly me to the Moon and Moon River were amazing. I’m assuming they’re going to follow the same theme and base it on a classic piece involving the moon.

NanaMiku

Ok, need to get 2 asap, this looks amazing...

My man! (or woman?) I'm on the jap voice too for Bayonetta because they're too anime even if english is their first language. Simply their faces match better lol
I'm a man, don't worry lol. I have weird case for Bayonetta. I prefer the Japanese dub, but it's still weird for me lol.

I really wished people would stop complaining about games like Xenoblade and Bayonetta being exclusive to Switch.

Blame the other companies for not being interested in 'niche' Japanese games that don't have the potential to sell 5m+.
This is why I hate the current generation. Game needs to be bigger to get greenlit. PS2 era was the best. So many niche games

I'm pretty sure Nintendo owns the rights, unlike with the Square games.
Sega and Nintendo co-own the rights for Bayo 2 and 3.

That's what they said about Fatal Frame 5.
Probably KT bought back the license from Nintendo, like The Wonderful 101.

Honestly, people said the exact same thing about Bayonetta 2 when it released. "This looks nowhere near as good/polished/whatever as the first one". And now suddenly 2 looked great and 3 looks like trash. There's no pleasing some people. But this is also why I think it's kinda funny people want this on their shiny new PS5 or PC. Bayo was never a particularly good looking game in the traditional sense. Compared to a Spider-Man or Horizon this looks like a A or AA title at best and running on more powerful hardware with a resolution boost wouldn't suddenly change that.

To me the trailer looked pretty darn great and I'll be getting the Collector's Edition day 1. Even if it turns out to be not as good as the first two, it'll still be a fun ride, I'm sure.
This is what happened when you only care about the graphics/visual lol. Gameplay and action looks top notch

DelireMan7

Nice DMC1 reference (Phantom)
So I am not crazy. It's been a really looooong time I haven't play DMC 1 but I immediately thought about Phantom when seeing that part of the trailer. Actually the whole trailer gave me DMC1 vibe.

I have never play any of the Bayonetta games because... well honestly the main character looks unbearable to me (and I never get all the praise about her sexyness actually) and the whole "over the top" atmosphere turns me away.
This trailer is no exception. All the characters shown looks so annoying and caricatures to me. But I know it's on purpose and it's a style.

With all the praise these games receive, I really want to try them out but for the moment I just can't xD. One day, one day...

Happy for the fan it's finally releasing.

Labolas

Honestly, people said the exact same thing about Bayonetta 2 when it released. "This looks nowhere near as good/polished/whatever as the first one". And now suddenly 2 looked great and 3 looks like trash. There's no pleasing some people. But this is also why I think it's kinda funny people want this on their shiny new PS5 or PC. Bayo was never a particularly good looking game in the traditional sense. Compared to a Spider-Man or Horizon this looks like a A or AA title at best and running on more powerful hardware with a resolution boost wouldn't suddenly change that.

To me the trailer looked pretty darn great and I'll be getting the Collector's Edition day 1. Even if it turns out to be not as good as the first two, it'll still be a fun ride, I'm sure.
Graphically speaking, 2 still looks the best. It's the gameplay where it falls apart with a lot of people, including myself, took issue with. 3 could very well be better mechanically than 2 but doesn't look as good as 2 does. Now this could be Platinum decide to go with a more minimalistic look to have a more stable framerate and more bombastic setpieces hence why everything looks washed out, backgrounds look bare, and ui looking the way it does.

I'm right there with you. I think the game will be fun regardless at least on the first playthrough. Still look to forward to the game.

We need a gameplay trailer. The gameplay they showed wasn't enough.

Last edited:
Aside from the very generic looking Punk girl I liked what I saw. At least I’ll have something to play close to my birthday in October. Now I just gotta decide if I feel like rebuying the first 2 on Switch or just replay the WiiU versions I have.

Spaceman292

Banned
"setpiece" moments which have, IMO, always been the worst part of Platinum games. Their strength is the core combat, whenever they deviate from that to make some on rails shooting section or something else it's usually shit (except maybe in Nier).
I'm sorry you hate fun

KingT731

So more than a million would mean its not a flop?
More than 1M would put it on par with the Bayonetta sales on either 360 or PS3 (over 2M for both platforms combined) which Sega considered a flop. I doubt the game has a large budget so I doubt it will be a financial flop either way. Just looking to see if the hype actually translates to sales because for B2 it didn't quite seem to.

Dodo123

I don't like that they went back to this overly gray graphical style - loved the more vibrant Bayonetta 2
And they got woke as well. This new character is basically the protagonist from Scalebound, but made female with weird hair, because 2022

And of course they have a GIANT CRAB in there xD

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I miss OG Bayonetta's VA. She sounds off here. Just isn't the same.

Bayo 2 looked much better. This seems like a downgrade in ways but I'm still looking forward to the game.

Labolas

More on thoughts on the game, I don't think different weapons, outside of the handguns or Colour My World, will be here this go-around. I think that they've been replaced by summons and those are essentially your weapons. Viola might just get her Cheshire summon and that's it but going over the trailer again I noticed that there are two empty spaces for summons. Speaking of Viola, she has Bayo's Cheshire doll on her sword, as some have deduce that she may be Bayo's daughter from another timeline. Also I'm thinking I still in the camp of maybe this isn't the same Bayo from 1 or 2 or if it is might get to see another Bayo that looks like the one from 1 or 2.

Gameplay wise, I'm bit worried, but am hopeful. So we probably don't have weapon switching, but we could have demon summon switching which could be interesting. Viola seems to end her combo string with a demon summon, so I hope the combat is more open ended. Small fry enemies seem to react to hits better than the angels/demons peons in 2. But the Beloved sized Homunculus doesn't react getting hit at all even when Bayo fused with Gomarrah, which has me worried. Again the UI is definitely a downgrade there's no other way to put it:

switch-bayonetta3-screenshot-56.large.jpg

FXoMpcnVUAMBvEU

vs.
iu

FXoMpcqVQAApHwo

Everything is spaced out in 3. You barely make out with what I assume is her magic bar. Her combo list lacks detail as well. It kinda fades into the background.

Also I recall, the esrb rating saying there's in-game purchases, I hope this isn't a case of costumes and outfits being locked behind a paywall.

With said though, I genuinely hope they heard the criticisms of 2 and this doesn't fall into the same fate as 2 did on high levels.
I don't like that they went back to this overly gray graphical style - loved the more vibrant Bayonetta 2
And they got woke as well. This new character is basically the protagonist from Scalebound, but made female with weird hair, because 2022

And of course they have a GIANT CRAB in there xD
Obviously that's a turtle, obviously.

But seriously I'll say I don't think Viola, I think that's how you spell her name, is some woke modern western standin just because of the multicolored hair, that style existed before the crazies took that over. So far I'll say refrain from saying it's woke until you play it and see something extremely gay or out of character.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Bayonetta 3 had a spicy new trailer revealing the official release date for the game. In this video we break down everything you need to know about the latest Nintendo Switch exclusive.

Bayonetta 3 has been one of the most-anticipated games for Nintendo Switch for several years. It was announced way back in 2017 at The Game Awards and since then all we’ve gotten were ports of the first two games. We finally got to see the game in action in Summer 2021, assuring us that it wasn’t vaporware, but still most of the game's features remained a complete mystery.

That is until recently when Bayonetta 3 finally got a release date and some shiny new info for fans to feast on.

In Bayonetta 3, the Umbra Witch teams up some familiar faces, as well as a new one named Viola, in order to put an end to the terror of the mysterious evil known as Homunculi. These new baddies are considered man-made bioweapons and according to Viola, hope for defeating them lies with a scientist named Sigurd. As far as who Viola is, very little is still known, but the release date trailer does hint at a connection between the character and Luka. But I’m sure we’ll have plenty of time to uncover everything about Viola as she is a playable character that wields a sword and has a cat companion named Cheshire.

Aside from Luka, some of those other familiar faces you can expect to see include: Jeanne, Rodin, and Enzo.

And that’s pretty much all we’ve been given in terms of plot, as developer Platinum Games has remained tight-lipped about many details for years. However, we can confirm some of the locations players will visit in Bayonetta 3 include Tokyo and China. As for why the game’s main character is taking out enemies in the middle of the Shibuya District, fans have their theories, but we’ll have to wait for the official word from Platinum before diving into all of that.

Timestamps:
0:00 Intro
0:35 Plot
1:43 Gameplay
2:56 Development Team
3:57 Release

Last edited:

Andyliini

I managed to pre-order Bayonetta 3 Trinity Masquerade Edition, this was much easier than I expected.
I got one preordered as well, from a local retailer. Though they have had a tendency to sometimes cancel preorders, I think I have this one, as I preordered it as soon as it became available and it's still available as preorder.

Rykan

I love Switch, but it was showing its age when it launched.

Wait. That doesn't make sense, but you know what I mean.
What are you talking about? The Switch is a hybrid system so it needs to have the specs of a handheld, and it certainly wasn't "outdated" when it launched in 2017 by handheld standards.

Top Bottom