• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 3 is releasing on October 28, 2022.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
sold-auction.gif

NanaMiku

I'll still play it, but I hate how this is stuck on a Switch. Sega should at least port it to PC like square does with their Switch exclusives. This still looks like a PS3 game ffs.
Sega funded and published the first game, that's why it's on Steam. IP is still owned by Sega, but funding for Bayonetta 2 and 3 are from Nintendo.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Really didn’t think Nintendo would have a big banger this year, just a steady stream of quality games throughout. Just Prime and BOTW2 left out of this trinity now.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Sega funded and published the first game, that's why it's on Steam. IP is still owned by Sega, but funding for Bayonetta 2 and 3 are from Nintendo.
Like 5 years of funding.

"Bayonetta 3 was officially announced by Nintendo during The Game Awards 2017 presentation on December 7, 2017"

Thabass

Looks worse than the previous game. This series deserved better tbh. At least I still have DMC.
Did we watch the same trailer? It looks amazing.

the game still looks really damn weird to me ngl... I really hope it's good
It wouldn't be a Bayonetta game if it wasn't weird.

Alright getting a swoled for this and picking up metroid dread next month.
Damn, still not on the Dread train? It's the only Metroid I've finished so far. It's making me want to go back to play the old ones soon.

Last edited:

Shifty

Just finished the first game and it's now one of my top 10 favorite video games of all time. So I'll give this Limited Edition some consideration.

That said, I'm probably in a tiny minority about this, but... I really dislike her Bayo 3 design. After two games of awesome design (with the first game still being the best), this design is 🤢. It's dumb, it's busy, it's overly anime-ish, and the biggest culprit: that hair works on young/child Cereza. But it does NOT work on adult Cereza.

I hope the Switch can handle the game. Bayo is, to me, a series where 60fps is absolutely required.
I'm with you on the costume - the frilly dress, giant bow and pigtails call back to her child design in a way that comes off as a touch weird.

It seems a regression from where 2 left off, like a more 'teen' take on the character design. Though knowing the Bayoverse, that's not wholly out of the question :pie_thinking: I just hope it's for a good reason and not because the designers felt a need to moé.

Last edited:

Danjin44

really wish this wasn't only on the switch, maybe ill play it eventually but im def not in day one.
I'll play Day 1 but how I wish Bayonetta would go back to being multiplat. Still, not pre-ordering.
Say what you want but Nintendo was the only one willing to fund Bayonetta series.

You want blame someone then blame Sony and Microsoft because they were not interested enough to support the series.

Say what you want but Nintendo was the only one willing to fund Bayonetta series.

You want blame someone then blame Sony and Microsoft because they were not interested enough to support the series.
Then other companies should step up and fund the games then. Right now, it's mainly Nintendo.
I'm just happy for having more Bayonetta. One day it might get the recognition it deserves. (from other platforms)

Last edited:

SSfox

I'll play Day 1 but how I wish Bayonetta would go back to being multiplat. Still, not pre-ordering.
Imagine how awesome would it be to play this game with Dual Sens. But anyway it is what it is, not gonna port begg like others do when it comes to Playstation exclusive games. GG on Nintendo on locking for them one of the best gaming IP in the market.

Last edited:
I'm with you on the costume - the frilly dress, giant bow and pigtails call back to her child design in a way that comes off as a touch weird.

It seems a regression from where 2 left off, like a more 'teen' take on the character design. Though knowing the Bayoverse, that's not wholly out of the question :pie_thinking: I just hope it's for a good reason and not because the designers felt a need to moé.
Perfect post, I agree with everything you said.

Not sure how the second game is, but the first game has a shit ton of unlockable costumes. I hope that's the case in Bayo 3, because the SECOND I unlock a different costume, I'm gonna change out this overdesigned/weird default costume mess.

Of course, there's always Jeanne who usually tends to have a better design than Bayonetta anyway...

Ulysses 31

Not a fan of multiverse stuff and playing as a bunch of Bayonetta-adjacent characters.
I thought they were talking about the 3 realms all other games deal with, human, angel and demon realm. Technically they're other universes existing in parallel and not alternate versions like in a multiverse.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I really wished people would stop complaining about games like Xenoblade and Bayonetta being exclusive to Switch.

Blame the other companies for not being interested in 'niche' Japanese games that don't have the potential to sell 5m+.
They don't stop. This is phase 1. Phase 2 is criticizing Nintendo for having any exclusives because it's old and outdated. Phase 3 is saying piracy is justified because it's a higher resolution and they all totally bought copies on Switch to support the developers. *wink*

Insufferable. Happens every time. Stupid Nintendo funding development of a game for 5 years; a game that badly needs sales and support. How dare they?

Last edited:

Danjin44

They don't stop. This is phase 1. Phase 2 is criticizing Nintendo for having any exclusives because it's old and outdated. Phase 3 is saying piracy is justified because it's a higher resolution and they all totally bought copies on Switch to support the developers. *wink*

Insufferable. Happens every time. Stupid Nintendo funding development of a game for 5 years; a game that badly needs sales and support. How dare they?
In their fuck up logic, Nintendo are not allowed have any exclusives other than Mario, Zelda and Pokémon.

Then shit on Nintendo again on why Nintendo don’t make games other than Mario and Zelda.

There is no logic to it, they just want to shit on Nintendo regardless what they do.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Can anyone confirm if all physical Switch versions of 2 come with the first? Or just digital?

I do have the first already on PS3 and the Bayo/Vanquish bundle for PS4, but wouldn't mind it again if it's included.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Can anyone confirm if all physical Switch versions of 2 come with the first? Or just digital?

I do have the first already on PS3 and the Bayo/Vanquish bundle for PS4, but wouldn't mind it again if it's included.
It did come with a download code for part 1, but that was years ago. So you'll have to watch out for used copies not having it. I don't know if the game was ever republished physically or not after the initial run.

Ulysses 31

Only if you were in Japan, rest of the world is digital only.

Last edited:

Bayo 1 was a download code with physical Bayo 2. Used copied will most definitely have used the code. There is also prints with no code, you can tell the difference by the top right corner of the boxart.

Last edited:

Pejo

Wow! This is the first trailer of this game that I am actually impressed with. Looks great and I can't wait to Kaiju battle as Bayo.

Not feeling the new girl, hope we don't have to play as her too much.

R6Rider

Gold Member
It did come with a download code for part 1, but that was years ago. So you'll have to watch out for used copies not having it. I don't know if the game was ever republished physically or not after the initial run.

Only if you were in Japan, rest of the world is digital only.

Bayo 1 was a download code with physical Bayo 2. Used copied will most definitely have used the code. There is also prints with no code, you can tell the difference by the top right corner of the boxart.

Thanks.

The_hunter

2 only comes with a digital version of 1, however in the press release they just announced physical copies of bayo 1.

Thabass

I think the art direction in 2 was more pleasant to look at so far.
I think I like the art direction a bit better, but honestly...it looks more of the same to me. I think that's the only critique I can give it. Maybe I don't remember the game as well I think or something.

Top Bottom