• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta PC port gets updated... with a Vanquish teaser

jett

D-Member
People hating on Vanquish...

you-motherfuckers-animated-gif.gif

DocSeuss

I wonder what impulse drives these kinds of shitposts. Typically, when I see a thread about a years late port of a game I don't give a shit about (such as MK8), I keep scrolling. Not sure what one gains by dropping a spicy quip like "lol shit game but good for those who like it"

Oh well. Day one for me.

I think it's good that we get as many games as possible. Vanquish is not a great game. I remarked on both these statements that I was feeling at that point in time.

Go play Gears some more, lol.

Busy playing Binary Domain.

Arklite

There's very very few people that speed run this game, this could really open up interest for runs or showcases. Much needed 2nd chance for it.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
is it possible we'll see some 8k screenshots from PC gamers when this launches? I love to see absurdres shots in the PC screenshot thread.

As for the game proper, because of my mental tick, i really can't stand Vanquish. Not because its a bad game, its a good game. But the whole game builds up to sequel tease that will never be resolved. So i can't even consider going back to it

I think it's good that we get as many games as possible. Vanquish is not a great game. I remarked on both these statements that I was feeling at that point in time.

Why is it not a great game in your opinion? I honestly didn't think much of Vanquish on first playthrough but the more I played it the better it became.

Papacheeks

Banned
Vanquish is also a much better shooter than BD.

Binary Domain is a better well rounded game. Vanquish has great intense action.

Both great for different reasons. But the shooting in Binary Domain is fine and decently fun, it's just weapons are kind of bland.

Vanquish has amazing mechanics, while Binary Domain has better enemy/level variety.

They each are great in a different way.

I just want to be able to use Rockets on my knee's on my new PC.

Give it to me PG!!

forrest

formerly nacire
I skipped Vanquish after being luke warm to the demo.

I know it's a beloved game around here, so I would like to give it the second chance I'm sure it deserves. Will keep my eye out for a Steam release date.

robotrock

Banned
Binary Domain is a better well rounded game. Vanquish has great intense action.

Both great for different reasons. But the shooting in Binary Domain is fine and decently fun, it's just weapons are kind of bland.

Vnaquish has amazing mechanics, while Binary Domain has better enemy/level variety.

They each are great in a different way.

I just want to be able to use Rockets on my knee's on my new PC.

Give it to me PG!!
Hey, thanks for actually providing some kind of reasoning behind your opinions.

I like this post a lot more than DocSeuss's and Curufinwe's back and forth where they just mindlessly shout opinions and don't even try to provide any sort of reasoning behind them

The port is quite bad though. So I'm assuming a superlow cost was probably one of the reasons.

How is it bad? I recently replayed it at the start of the year and there weren't any issues I saw.

Then again, I don't shit the bed if the game doesn't have an unlocked framerate past 60 or 4K support.

How is it bad? I recently replayed it at the start of the year and there weren't any issues I saw.

Then again, I don't shit the bed if the game doesn't have an unlocked framerate past 60 or 4K support.

Aspect ratios other than 16:9 are letterboxed (black bars). I was using a 16:10 screen back then, and that really annoyed me because it was so lazy. At 4:3 it's even worse. Performance for me also wasn't that great, but then again my system was far from the best back then, and I had quite a couple of bugs that I needed to do a chapter restart to get past.

Subjective problems expect for that aspect ratio shit which was just lazy. It's also capped at 60FPS IIRC.

Now that I have an ultra-wide, I'm mainly annoyed that I can't experience the game with proper text scaling. Text and HUD elements are stretched further than Mr. Fantastic.

Not a port beg as my pc could easily run this (assuming it's not a bad pc port that is!) but any chance this means a remaster for PS4/ xbone? My PS4 pro and 4k tv would love this title...

robotrock

Banned
Not a port beg as my pc could easily run this (assuming it's not a bad pc port that is!) but any chance this means a remaster for PS4/ xbone? My PS4 pro and 4k tv would love this title...

I think it's possible, considering SEGA did bring out Valkryia Chronicles to the PS4 after the PC release.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Bout time the GOAT TPS made its way to PC.

Keep the ports coming Sega!

Binary Domain and Vanquish comparisons are really really forced. Vanquish compares closer to something like DOOM more than BD.

Agreed. I love BD, but it and Vanquish are two different types of shooters from a gameplay perspective.

Jintor

Binary Domain and Vanquish comparisons are really really forced. Vanquish compares closer to something like DOOM more than BD.

in gameplay sure (though they're both 3rd person shooters), but they've both got a kind of standard future robot + grounded industrial metalic design and you shoot a bunch of goddamn robots in them

Binary Domain was loads of fun with its story, but Vanquish blows it out of the water with it's gameplay.
Can't say I find this true. BD's fun because of how reactive the interplay is between the enemy and the player, and shooting each limb has its own quirks and strategies like something out of RE4. Vanquish just feels like that game that has moments to encapsulate into gifs but on the whole plays very disjointedly

They're health regen weapon upgrading third person shooters published by Sega about fighting robots (and the quirks that come with that). They're different, but have far more of a comparable to eachother than Vanquish is to Doom '16, unless Doom had it so that whenever you went for a melee kill you were completely stripped of mobility and health and had to regenerate your health.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I've always found the love for BD pretty baffling. I played it on PS3 (I know, not best platform) but it basically ran out of tricks a couple hours in and then lasted another 6 hours at least. Are people really that into another bad anime story about humanoid robots?

I don't remember the encounters or environmental design to be interesting in any way.

I didn't love Vanquish either but I get what's good about it, at least.

Can't say I find this true. BD's fun because of how reactive the interplay is between the enemy and the player, and shooting each limb has its own quirks and strategies like something out of RE4. Vanquish just feels like that game that has moments to encapsulate into gifs but on the whole plays very disjointedly

It's cool you can blow off limbs and stuff and how the robots reacted to them but I didn't find the shooting all that impressive. I also didn't think the movement and cover mechanics in BD all that exciting either.

BD still probably has better encounter design and obviously the better story.

Top Bottom