• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bearded Riker or no beard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bearded Geordi, no beard, visor, no visor? Or mix and match your own options.

La_Forge_with_beard.jpg
320x240.jpg
Beard and no visor
oVOx0.jpg

Unbearded Riker is like a warm beer.

Unbearded Riker is like a lean pocket.

Unbearded Riker is like an unwrapped present.

Unbearded Riker is like an untailored suit.

Unbearded Riker is like a junior account.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Man, that image reminds me that 80s and 90s video were sometimes so muddy and dull. I'm not sure if it's because of an added filter, but they make everything so flat and red.

13687aad144256efad1dd6b141ba3d95.jpg

This is a quick color correction, so it's not perfect. But it's easy to tell the difference. The first is dull, lacks contrast, and looks muddy.

It's annoying to color correct those kinds of videos on the TV. It bothers me when things look like that, though.

On topic: I think I prefer him with the beard he has in that image. Regardless, he's kinda handsome.

Would that be considered masturbation?

I've only seen several episodes before TNG came to Netflix, so originally, bearded was all I knew. Now, watching the first season, I see it'll take some time getting used to having bearded Riker full-time. So withholding my opinion for now.

Bearded, duh.

When I first started watching TNG from the start, I got used to no-beard in season 1, so the beard shocked me a bit in season 2 onwards. However I got used to it and it's way better. Same deal with Sisko and DS9.

Beard. Riker's beard -along with the new unis- told you whether you were watching a generally awesome season 3-7 episode or a uniformly horseshit season 1 or 2 episode.

Remmy2112

Riker's growing of the beard and Sisko shaving his head were style changes that really helped make each character look more distinguished. It also greatly helped that they were accompanied by the characters becoming better and more fleshed out too.

Edit: The same can't be said of Geordi losing the visor. It didn't really impact his character all that much, as he still had cyborg eyes that accomplished the same thing and his character remained, more or less, the exact same.

nomis

If I grew up on a farm, and was... retarded, unbearded Riker might impress me. But I didn't... so he doesn't.

In-Bruges-Elephants-Mike-and-Molly-Top-10-Shows-September-24-294x300.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom