• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Because nobody demanded it! Super Mario Bros. steelbook (Euro region)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Let's get an Englishman and a Latino to play two Italian plumbers and brothers. Oh and lets cast renowned crazy man Dennis Hopper as a giant lizard monster.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
Some vital information...

• This is a reprint of the normal UK Blu-ray release issued about a year or two ago.
  • It has an awesome hour long documentary about the film production.
  • The film transfer looks great.
  • It is only Region B, so it will only work in UK Blu-ray players (not US).

You know when people talk about movies that are "so bad they're good". Yeah, this is definitely one of them. Terrible movie, but immensely entertaining.

ElRenoRaven

Oh man bring that baby to the US. I'd buy it in a heartbeat. As mentioned this was one of those so bad it's good movies.

Replicant

Look, I love Steelbook but nothing will get me to buy this POS film.

Mortal Kombat Steelbook though? Get out of my way!

Syriel

Some vital information...

• This is a reprint of the normal UK Blu-ray release issued about a year or two ago.
  • It has an awesome hour long documentary about the film production.
  • The film transfer looks great.
  • It is only Region B, so it will only work in UK Blu-ray players (not US).

Bah. Who cares about regions when you have MakeMKV and Plex?

This is a movie that MUST BE SEEN!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Agreed - it was crucial that they captured the gritty 90s dystopia that is the Mushroom Kingdom under Bowser's rule, or the movie would have lost an integral element of the classic SMB universe we've all grown to know and love.
hey I'm just saying, I actually like the dystopian Koopa City in the film

I actually really like this movie, so I'll probably pick this up.

An aside, I think a game based on the movie would be pretty rad.

Aske

I actually really like this movie, so I'll probably pick this up.

An aside, I think a game based on the movie would be pretty rad.

That would be a T rated Mario game made in UE3 that plays like Arkham City, ideally released only on Xbox. We'd have come full circle.

Syriel

A HD version of this film doesn't even seem to be available for purchase in the US.

WHY ARE WE BEING DENIED THIS MASTERPIECE?

WHY?

mclem

And Megadeath, Queen and Roxanne? How in the world...
Well, at least someone had good taste.

Roxette. I remember Almost Unreal being the Big Summer Hit that year, kept hearing it all over the place. One of the first songs I really enjoyed (not having much fondness for music back then, too.)

Given what the 'reception' bit of the wikipedia page, this makes it seem like a fine inclusion among the other first songs I liked, something by Five Star and Agadoo. I have fine taste.

(Still like it; don't care :p)

Fox Mulder

It's a shitty movie with production problems, but I can't imagine how it could have been done better as 90s live action film really.

Big Nikus

I wish viewers got as much enjoyment out of the film as most of us had making it.

Who are you ? You really worked on it ?
I love this movie, I watched it on repeat when I was a kid, and we still quote lines from it with my bro and my sis.
It's a crazy movie, and I mean good crazy lol

Who are you ? You really worked on it ?
I love this movie, I watched it on repeat when I was a kid, and we still quote lines from it with my bro and my sis.
It's a crazy movie, and I mean good crazy lol

I honestly feel people are too harsh on it. I thought it was really creative and loved the casting. Everyone seemed to fit their role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom