• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Bros. The Movie (1993) Japanese Blu-ray - December 22 2017 (Region A)

Scavenger

KK1SAv7.jpg

Amazon Japan link

Super Mario Bros. The Movie is getting a region A Blu-ray release in Japan from TC Entertainment. The movie already received a good Blu-ray release in the UK from Second Sight, but it wasn’t import friendly due to it being locked to region B. Now anyone in region A territories can finally bask in its 1080p glory. The excellent documentary from the Second Sight release is also included.

Specs:
  • Audio: English DTS-HD MA 5.1, Japanese Home Video Dub DTS-HD MA 2.0 Stereo, Japanese TV Dub DTS-HD MA 2.0 Mono
  • Subtitles: Japanese

Contents:
  • ‘THIS AIN’T NO VIDEO GAME’ documentary
  • ‘Making Of’ featurette
  • Original trailer
  • Japanese trailer
  • 4 page booklet

*The Electronic Press Kit that was included with the UK Blu-ray is missing. *

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I might be the only person on earth who likes this movie but hates Mario games hope this comes state side. Personal Classic!

I know it has a bad reputation but I actually find the adaptation interesting since there is a lot of creativity going on with the source material.

mclem

I really need to get around to watching the Rifftrax version of this. Although part of me wants to watch the unadulterated version beforehand...

judhudson

I love this movie so much. Its so bad, it's great.

I imported the Zavvi Steelbook Bluray to the states and setup software on my computer to play it.

I am also working on building a Mario cosplay from the movie with the boots. Already finished sewing the suit, currently working on the stomp thwompers.

I do hope the US will get a release next year for its 25th Anniversary.

Top Bottom