• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Before we get started GAF, what is your favorite E3 moment of all time... so far

Can be good or bad. Epic for whatever reason. Maybe you love the cringe. Or maybe it was just a lovely awesome moment. Of course it would involve NeoGAF. E3 isn't E3 if I ain't on GAF.

It is easily Giant Enemy Crab. Really it is Sony's entire 2006 E3. In fact we could have a thread specifically on what part of Sony E3 06 was the worst, massive disagreement and no one be wrong lol. It's aged like fine wine.

Young Kaz :messenger_smiling_hearts:

But Sony made up for that with the Uncharted 2 demo

What is yours GAF

jakinov

Probably be God of War 3 demo because I was super hyped for that game. Read all the magazine scans and any news I could find. David Jaffe and some others kept hyping up how much they upgraded it. That Uncharted 2 demo was cool. The biggest shocking event was FF13 reveal on Xbox. The thing the impressed me the most (at the time) was Kinect/Project-Natal.

Probably be God of War 3 demo because I was super hyped for that game. Read all the magazine scans and any news I could find. David Jaffe and some others kept hyping up how much they upgraded it. That Uncharted 2 demo was cool. The biggest shocking event was FF13 reveal on Xbox. The thing the impressed me the most (at the time) was Kinect/Project-Natal.
Oh yeah that was epic.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
941780e3_e3-kinect-star-wars-fail.gif

E3.....1995.....Tom Kalinske had previously spoke at the Sega conference about the Saturn's release in the U.S. and how it would only be $399 and *SHOCK* it was already available like RIGHT NOW!

Fast forward to the Sony conference where Steve Race calmly walks onstage and does this....

....which dealt a massive blow to the Saturn and furthered it and Sega's demise in the console market. Epic.

Last edited:

spawn

The entire e3 2013. Microsoft shot themselves in the foot with forced Kinect, always-online console, and making the price $499. That one executive who said look if you don't want to be always online then we have another option and that option is the xbox 360.

stranno

Playstation on Playstation Portable was definitely an amazing feature, i spent countless hours playing on the bus.

But, yeah, the Kaz's "Remember that one?" moment was embarrassing as hell.

If prefer Summer Consumer Electronics Show moments tho, lots of Jaguar/3DO "what i'm doing with my life" faces in devs stands.

Last edited:
GameCube reveal with wave race and link fighting Ganon teaser. I remember reading gamefaqs endlessly and saving the trailors to my comp so I can play them with QuickTime. Might not have been a e3 per say

Fbh

Sony's E3 2015.
I mean, hell, I don't care about Shenmue, and most of my hype for FF7 Remake died before the trailer was even finished because they announced Nomura as the director.

But still, add The Last Guardian being re-announced and just seeing all of those highly anticipated announcements (that had basically become E3 memes at that point) being made in a single conference was awesome. It was like an overdose of those "holy shit they actually did it" moments which are the ones that really make E3 worth watching live

Top Bottom