• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Belize overwater bungalows

Status
Not open for further replies.

pestul

There's plumbing running underneath the entire pier. The water quality is their entire business, they're not going to risk it.

But want to know what does stop you from swimming under the bungalows? Fucking dock spiders.
Dang. So dock spiders look a lot like wolf spiders. Nope.

Takuan

Based on your posts it's like you're doing this elaborate gesture to create your ideal "first time together" scenario/memory, which seems a bit much and has no guarantee of success. IMO it's overkill and kind of gross to expect to go from zero to penetration because you agreed to pay for a lavish trip.

methane47

OP I'm going to restrain my comments so as not to be an ahole.

Don't waste your money on any chick you aren't in a relationship with. Unless she's a supermodel of some sort or a world famous actress or something that would increase your net worth.

Find something local, something nearby, something she's never done and you've never done... and go do that instead. You would be suprised what is hidden just a couple miles away from your home.

Trust me OP. Vacations can be HECTIC, stressful and expensive, ESPECIALLY for someone who isn't experienced in that area or with travelling abroad.

So again Just do something nearby...

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Send me a couple grand if you're open with money. I could pay off bills.

On-topic, my girlfriend would never let me spend that much on her, aside from maybe our future Honeymoon, so I'd never spend that on someone who I'm not even officially dating.

Take her on a local trip, some nearby big city or something.

Falcs

Banned
But want to know what does stop you from swimming under the bungalows? Fucking dock spiders.
What??!
What the fuck are these?? I've never heard of them..

I'm getting a water bungalow in Maldives in July. I don't want to worry about fucking spiders!

Drazgul

I'm getting a water bungalow in Maldives in July. I don't want to worry about fucking spiders!

You are already bitten.

IMG_5242.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Dang. So dock spiders look a lot like wolf spiders. Nope.

When I was a kid, I jumped off a quay in Cornwall, swam for a bit and then climbed a ladder built into the harbor wall. I must have climbed through a web however because a thousand hatchling spiders ran from my hair, down my face and into my nose, mouth and eyes.

Nope.

I think the pretense is a little odd. However there are a number of benefits to having a tropical vacation. First, for you it will open your eyes really wide. Travel is life changing. There will also be tons of other gorgeous women walking around in tiny bikinis or less.

I highly recommend not going that extravagant. A good all inclusive to the Mayan Riviera will give you the same experience. I would recommend the Palladium White Sands resort and area. You get the amazing weather, the clear water and you can find similar accommodation for cheaper. You can also head to Tulum ruins and Xel-Ha for snorkeling. Everything is also paid for do every meal and drink is free and the food is pretty good.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I think the pretense is a little odd. However there are a number of benefits to having a tropical vacation. First, for you it will open your eyes really wide. Travel is life changing. There will also be tons of other gorgeous women walking around in tiny bikinis or less.

I highly recommend not going that extravagant. A good all inclusive to the Mayan Riviera will give you the same experience. I would recommend the Palladium White Sands resort and area. You get the amazing weather, the clear water and you can find similar accommodation for cheaper. You can also head to Tulum ruins and Xel-Ha for snorkeling. Everything is also paid for do every meal and drink is free and the food is pretty good.

Don't forget pyramids and ceynotes at chichenitza and tulum.

Don't forget pyramids and ceynotes at chichenitza and tulum.

Absolutely. We didn't do Cichenitza but we did do Coba which is the other jungle based pyramid setup. Pretty great. You could also climb to the top of it and look out over the jungle canopy.

I thought Xel-Ha was incredible. The snorkeling was so much fun with so many tropical fish and turtles to see.

Um… wait so:
  • OP wants to plan a trip with a woman
  • Reveals he is only day-dreaming about it
  • Further reveals he'd be paying for the entire trip, "out of respect" and because she has more expenses than him.
  • And drumroll… he's not actually dating her. This trip is an attempt to get closer to a friend, with the intention of it leading to a relationship. I think?
  • Sex would be awesome, but he could just masturbate though.

Is this an accurate summary? I almost did this more for myself to get a grasp of this thread, because it still doesn't make sense to me.

OP, your endgame is a relationship. Why don't you just ask her out and go from there. If things go well, you will grow closer naturally, and *then* you could go on a trip like this, where it won't come off as desperate and creepy. You can't buy a special connection with lavish trips and money- it's bound to fall apart on a foundation like that. Ask her out. The train of logic for this thread is confounding.

Eh, sex is hot but I'd rather cuddle and fall asleep with her. For it to be more romantic and loving than just an orgasm release. Then again.. That's what sex is LOL

Need to speak with her about it.

I think this is the most beta thing I have ever read on this forum. You do realize that women like to fuck, right? They're not doing men some kind of huge favor or something.

But what do I know? Maybe she's more like a fluffy puppy and less like a horny woman.

So how do I actually plan one of these vacations? Doesn't even have to be belize. Just want that bungalow type. Cheaper the better

Wow, and I feel bad for usually paying the whole dinner bill on a first date with a chick (which was a "whopping" 23 euros bill, yesterday :D )...

Zaph

So how do I actually plan one of these vacations? Doesn't even have to be belize. Just want that bungalow type. Cheaper the better
Same way you book any other holiday, via an agency or direct. A good agency will take care of (almost) everything for you, you just turn up - but you'll pay a premium.

We found south east Asia was cheaper than central/south America, but obviously it completely depends on where you're flying from and any good deal you find. Be careful if you see a great off/low-season deal, as it matters a lot more in some places compared to others.

J-Rod

If it is between Belize, Puerto Rico, and Costa Rica, I would vote Costa Rica. Puerto Rico is nice, but the other two are on another level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom