• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Afflecks Batman script is a mess according to fanboys prone to confirmation bias

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't believe a Warner who demanded reshoots of suicide squad, edited BvS down, has meddled every step of the way in their projects and is known for its meddling, wouldn't change a script they know needs touch up work.

Well my uncle works at Ben Affleck and he says the script was great.

I'll wait till I see the movie before I pass judgement. Plenty of movies have been saved in editing. Plus there'll no doubt be reshoot and rewrites.
Alright, we're all counting on you now.

Stay losing, Warner Bros.

When Ben Affleck is your last hope for anything you know you've fucked up bad.

Don't you get tired posting in threads you really, really don't like the content in it, or maybe, you really like bad news ?

Help me to understand your intentions coming into DC threads, please.

a916

Lol, some random person overheard another random person talk about someone elses script...

LOL okay?

Even if it that was the case lol, don't care. Script can be hot garbage right now, as long as it ISN'T when the movie is filming.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Another day I'm reminded of how I haven't enjoyed a single DC movie since Nolanverse ended ;(

He forgot us!

nolan2.jpg

Was the Wonder Woman trailer too good or something? Whats with people in here going all "Yassss DC sucks I knew it!" propping this utterly random crap up.

It's not enough the movies get bad reviews usually, you need even more twisted validation? Whats your major malfuction

Cipherr

They ain't lying though.
You're all gonna see it.
It doesn't matter what the script is like.

Only Wonder Woman. I even eventually caved and saw SS in theatres and once again was disappointed. Those fools arent getting theatre money out of me except for WW. After that Ill wait for every DCEU movie to hit video or Netflix. Fuck that.

Yes we did. And the same people that were all "You guys actually believe this shit!?" were the same ones doing major damage control after that hot mess hit the cinemas.

Blader

Affleck has said more than once that the script isn't ready and he doesn't want to commit to it until he's completely satisfied.

That said, the movie starts shooting in six months, so maybe he doesn't have a choice. :lol

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Except when it comes to the DCCU. Unless you're talking about the posters who said BvS would be good I guess.

GAF might be, but the quality of everything DC after Nolan is not.

Ehh, Kubrick's efforts weren't always met with excitement and positive reactions. It took years for people to see his genius, same with Snyder. I am just ahead of the curve.

just saw the Lego Batman trailer, it looks amazing.

they should get those guys to make the real movies and get Zach Snyder to make the Lego movies

1. Anyone can draw the same conclusion about Warner executives from the way the DC movies have turned out so far.

2. This could be a desperate ploy by Snyder to retain his overall authority with the DC movies because anyone can tell that Affleck's movie will be leagues better than the turds he's turned out.

3. Funny we didn't hear any rumors when BvS was in production.

4. It's Disney dollars in action.

opoth

Banned
At the very least its still a competent film with good editing and likable characters.

In terms of a trilogy closer, Rises makes Return of the Jedi look like Citizen Kane in comparison. It doesn't help that Nolan used it as a soapbox for his personal politics instead of making a compelling film. It's the movie that made me decide to never watch another Nolan film.

Thats why TV is the new medium for good entertainment, blockbuster movies are just 2 hours of CGI wonder with stories that are normalized so language, idioms, references, etc aren't an issue for global audiences.

I used to go to the movies 8-10x a year a decade ago, now its basically 1-2 times a year. Movies coming to streaming/Redbox within 3-6 months of release isn't helping either.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
In terms of a trilogy closer, Rises makes Return of the Jedi look like Citizen Kane in comparison. It doesn't help that Nolan used it as a soapbox for his personal politics instead of making a compelling film. It's the movie that made me decide to never watch another Nolan film.

Lol, your loss. Movie was fantastic. Bane GOAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom