• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Afflecks Batman script is a mess according to fanboys prone to confirmation bias

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldMan

Banned
I take this with a grain of salt and will watch the "making of" after I gobble popcorn through BatflEck. Pre development for a movie always seems like a cluster FUCK anyway so what better way to embrace it than on the set of a super hero movie?

I hope that's not true and just blown out of proportion. However, if it is I'm not surprised at all.

I said a while back that the DCEU could end up being WB's Transformers. Critically shitted on but it makes them tons of money.

In terms of a trilogy closer, Rises makes Return of the Jedi look like Citizen Kane in comparison. It doesn't help that Nolan used it as a soapbox for his personal politics instead of making a compelling film. It's the movie that made me decide to never watch another Nolan film.

So wait, youre never going to watch another movie from one of the best Directors today, because Rises was just good instead of being brilliant?

And i thought i was difficult.

Maxim726X

Aren't these the same execs who chopped Suicide Squad to pieces then put it back together with duct tape?

They can take their focus groups and shove it up their assess. So far, Affleck has been a great director and I would much rather see what he comes up with then see another executive circle jerk and over produced shit film.

Aren't executives the ones who are usually blamed for ruining scripts because they think they know what's best and want to inject it with their ideas? Maybe the scrips is amazing and these execs want to destroy it with their shitty ideas
That's how Wild Wild West ended up with a giant spider.

Blader

In terms of a trilogy closer, Rises makes Return of the Jedi look like Citizen Kane in comparison. It doesn't help that Nolan used it as a soapbox for his personal politics instead of making a compelling film. It's the movie that made me decide to never watch another Nolan film.

Ooh boy.

kobu

No idea if this is true but the part that makes it seem real is the execs saying we don't care. If I was in their place I wouldn't care either.

daviyoung

Banned
That's how Wild Wild West ended up with a giant spider.

not having a spider wouldn't have saved that heap anyway

it's like you're holding a bomb and it's about to go off, except the bomb is this crazy producer's idea that you need a massive spider in your film, and you gotta throw it somewhere, but your choices are to throw it at a Lambo, or a 1992 Buick

you're going to throw it at the Buick

the producer gets his wish and nothing of value is lost

Wait a minute didn't Affleck attempt to fix BvS' script too?

Do you know how hard it would be to "fix a script" of a movie that for the most-part has already been (mostly) shot, cast, worked on by artists, set builders etc.

Im pretty sure "fixing" a script is a tad more complicated than just rewriting pages. It affects literally every department thats working on the movie at that time.

I want to start having indiscreet conversations in public places about movies I'm supposedly working on and see how many people I can get to believe what I say.

:'(
I'll add to your pain
hJ5Oyn4.jpg

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

huh? what politics?

tpfkanep

Although I am not a fan of the DC-filmverse, I'm with the execs: As long as the movies are a financial success, to hell (and back) with critical success.

I do not like what happened to Transformers, but it seems millions just love it. More power to them.

These are just movies anyway, and the paying fans will ultimately decide the future.

Although I am not a fan of the DC-filmverse, I'm with the execs: As long as the movies are a financial success, to hell (and back) with critical success.

I do not like what happened to Transformers, but it seems millions just love it. More power to them.

These are just movies anyway, and the paying fans will ultimately decide the future.

Yes but what they dont understand is that an actually good movie will have infinitely more longevity than a bad one.

Yes Suicide Squad made money. But in 10 years from now no one will give a shit that it made money and no one will watch it or buy the Bluray 8k re-releases. TDK on the other hand will always be revered as a cinema classic and thus will always "sell". Thats the difference.

Yes but what they dont understand is that an actually good movie will have infinitely more longevity than a bad one.

Yes Suicide Squad made money. But in 10 years from now no one will give a shit that it made money and no one will watch it or buy the Bluray 8k re-releases. TDK on the other hand will always be revered as a cinema classic and thus will always "sell". Thats the difference.

They don't care. Money now.

Falchion

BvS was really good so I've got high expectations for the solo film even though Suicide Squad was a dud. They better not let me down.

Maximus.

Man I feel so bad for Ben Affleck, he cares about the character, is a great director and talent and has been put into a movie universe where execs don't give a fuck about the quality of the films. I really hope he gets the opportunity to fix it up before they shoot.

icespide

Banned
Man I feel so bad for Ben Affleck, he cares about the character, is a great director and talent and has been put into a movie universe where execs don't give a fuck about the quality of the films. I really hope he gets the opportunity to fix it up before they shoot.

it's okay Spidey, Ben Affleck will be alright

GeeTeeCee

A thread from the sort of poorly-sourced, utter nothing of a rumour that wouldn't make it past one page over on the gaming side without getting locked gies five pages on OT because comic-book fanboy wars are pretty much all that happens on this side anymore.

A thread from the sort of poorly-sourced, utter nothing of a rumour that wouldn't make it past one page over on the gaming side without getting locked gies five pages on OT because comic-book fanboy wars are pretty much all that happens on this side anymore.

So we're just ignoring that literally half the threads here are about Trump and the election?

Kelsdesu

Given their track record of creating bad movies consecutively and their insistence on meddling. I wouldn't put it past executives to have the 'fuck it' mentality and just put something out there (Transformers anyone)?

That being said Im still calling bullshit on the rumor. I am more inclined to believe this already without 6th hand information.

Veelk

Banned
I've been operating under the assumption that everything related to the DC cinematic universe is going to suck until proven otherwise long before this conversation came up.

I actually mostly like the films released so far.

Suicide Squad could have been better. But I liked the cast and it was a fun enough way to kill 90 mins. Plus Margot.

I really like BVS: Extended.

I like Man of Steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom