• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Benefit of SlingTV on Xbox One?!

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I realize the number of subscribers to Sling TV on GAF is probably very small, but I discovered something cool that is worth bringing up.

Anyway, it appears that when streaming Sling-TV On-demand content using the X1 there are no commercials/ads.

This is not the case when using my LG’s built in WebOS or Amazon FireTV as whenever I stream the same On-demand content there are as/commercial interruptions.

I have no idea if this is intentional or a glitch but it’s very handy if you get tired of being interrupted with ads in on-demand content.

Note:SlingTV does not appear to be available on PS4 or I would have also tested it on there.

Just curious if anyone knows about this and/or why this is?

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I realize the number of subscribers to Sling TV on GAF is probably very small, but I discovered something cool that is worth bringing up.

Anyway, it appears that when streaming Sling-TV On-demand content using the X1 there are no commercials/ads.

This is not the case when using my LG’s built in WebOS or Amazon FireTV as whenever I stream the same On-demand content there are as/commercial interruptions.

I have no idea if this is intentional or a glitch but it’s very handy if you get tired of being interrupted with ads in on-demand content.

Note:SlingTV does not appear to be available on PS4 or I would have also tested it on there.

Just curious if anyone knows about this and/or why this is?
When you say no commercials do you mean you get a black screen instead?

hiphopcr

Had Sling on Xbox for a while and I couldn't get past the crappy, slow, janky interface.

Youtube TV runs so much faster and smoother.

rokkerkory

I have sling and xbox one X but I just use the sling roku stick instead.... much faster and better interface and I can easily switch back and forth between amazon prime, netflix and sling.

Top Bottom