• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Benjamin Netanyahu likely to be indicted for corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMan

Bibi's been bribed.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...on-investigation-police-bribery-a7574391.html

Independent said:
Multiple investigations into the leader were opened, but Case 1000 – which allegedly involves illegal gifts – was being treated as separate to the other ongoing investigations.

The TV channel reported that Case 1000 was to be closed with a recommendation to indict the Israeli leader in the next six weeks....

Investigators are also reportedly looking into allegations Mr Netanyahu accepted €1 million (£850,000) from Arnaud Mimran, a French businessman currently serving eight years in prison for committing a large-scale carbon-tax fraud.

During his trial, Mimran claimed to have donated the money to Mr Netanyahu during the 2009 Israeli election campaign — something the politician has consistently denied.

My-reaction-watching-my-hot-neighbour-run-naked-every-morning-when-she-gets-ready-Stephen-Colbert-creepy-smile.gif

Zaph

Would've preferred the slaughter of innocents is what got him, but I'll take anything that buries this guy.

That is stunning in terms of news. I can't say I am surprised by it happening just the idea of it breaking as I sit here Friday evening.

yeah this is like Capone getting jailed for tax evasion. You'd wish he'd be brought to account for his monstrous embrace of land-grabbing religious fanatics and subsequent ethnic cleansing.

Would this lead to him being removed from office? And yeah sucks that it would be corruption of all things that gets him trouble and not the millions of other awful shit he did but you take a W when you can get it.

Woorloog

Banned
When will Trump tweet about this? And will he make some crazy demand like "no trial for Bibi or he'll move the US embassy" or something like that?

Investigators are also reportedly looking into allegations Mr Netanyahu accepted €1 million (£850,000) from Arnaud Mimran, a French businessman currently serving eight years in prison for committing a large-scale carbon-tax fraud.

Damn, only eight years? :/

Chichikov

Get ready to another Gaza mini-war. Obviously no connection, but that seems to happen every time Netanyahu or his crazy ass wife are getting caught in a corruption scandal, must be a coincidence.

Also, the issue here is not the police, there is easily enough evidence for indictment and it was known for anyone with eyes in their head. The issue is that the attorney general has a final say about whether or not he's indicted, and the attorney general was pretty much was put in place to prevent Netanyahu from being indicted. But we'll see, the AG has other political ambitions, namely making it to the supreme court, and not going through with it might hurt it chances (though it really depends on the future political situation in Israel).

ICO_SotC

Carbon tax fraud?

Please tell me that the reason that a group of Republicans suddenly starting pushing a carbon tax plan is becuase they realized they can make money off it through fraud.

Glix

Get ready to another Gaza mini-war. Obviously no connection, but that seems to happen every time Netanyahu or his crazy ass wife are getting caught in a corruption scandal, must be a coincidence.

Also, the issue here is not the police, there is easily enough evidence for indictment and it was known for anyone with eyes in their head. The issue is that the attorney general has a final say about whether or not he's indicted, and the attorney general was pretty much was put in place to prevent Netanyahu from being indicted. But we'll see, the AG has other political ambitions, namely making it to the supreme court, and not going through with it might hurt it chances (though it really depends on the future political situation in Israel).

Who knew Israel and Alabama had so much in common!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom