• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berman offers advice to Lucas about SW TV show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dram

http://www.iesb.net/tv/tvt92804.htm

So would Kevin Smith be interested in getting involved in some capacity with Star Wars TV? You normally don't get directors from the big screen go to the small screen but if there is any truth to these speculations we might have the best of Star Wars ahead of us. But as much optimism there is from one side of the Ranch there is also some pessimism. "I just hope that he [George] doesn't just do the TV series for the money that it will make and end up giving us a weekly kiddie show, he needs to learn from the mistakes from Star Trek and give sci-fi fans a quality show," said the source.

In a recent interview that we had with Star Trek head honchos Rick Berman and Manny Coto we asked them what kind of advice they would offer George Lucas regarding a weekly Star Wars TV series. "Its one thing to have three years and over a 100 million dollars to create a one 2 hour movie compared to 22 to 26 one hour episodes in a year with a very limited budget and still have to remain fresh in the eyes of your audience", said Berman. Manny Coto also had a good point when he said " You have to concentrate on the story and also the characters and not make a weekly special effects show." When asked if he had any other advice for George, "He can always hire me if Enterprise doesn't work out".

Ryck

I know people are going to stone me for this but........

20040922l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom