• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bernie Sanders Is the Most Popular Politician in America, Poll Says

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOP should be pushing more pro-Bernie articles and introduce more strife in the DNC before 2020... Hell, might even help them out for 2018.

See how easy it is for the GOP right now to fuck with Dems? This is easy and dirty politicking for them.

Draper

V3pUO06.jpg
YAS KING SLAY!!!!!

I wasn't aware the DNC caused the Sanders to not campaign in the south and to totally ignore the most reliable and consistent voting bloc of the democratic party: older minority women.

But thats just identity poltics as I sure you will say.

That's not what I was referring to and you know it.

I don't make a habit of employing terminology used by right wing losers afraid of women and minorities. What exactly are you projecting onto me?

massoluk

Banned
The DNC controlled the process, the superdelegates, the messaging from the corporate media, the rigged registration process, the rigged primary voting process, etc etc etc. When oligarchs don't want you to gain power, they have plenty of lackeys and tools at their disposal. I would love to do a documentary on all the bullshit the Clinton/DNC cabal pulled.
Not this shit again. Hillary won more delegates where they were decided democratically, in contrast to most Bernie's wins.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-system-isnt-rigged-against-sanders/

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
YAS KING SLAY!!!!!

"When one of Sanders' associates was asked if the 75-year-old had begun to think about another run, the associate said, "Yes, is the answer."

Even though Sanders hasn't publicly said he has plans to run again, his actions might be confirming just that.
"

I think 2016 would have been much more fun and interesting seeing sanders vs trump. I think if anyone could of matched trumps charisma it would of been sanders. Too bad the DNC backed Hilary and in the end we got trump. Oh well

THE DNC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol fuckin clockwork.

FWIW, if I had taken the poll I would have said I liked the guy. If he wasn't so old I would probably vote for the guy in the 2020 elections this time

Maybe he can convince the south too ...

GOP should be pushing more pro-Bernie articles and introduce more strife in the DNC before 2020... Hell, might even help them out for 2018.

See how easy it is for the GOP right now to fuck with Dems? This is easy and dirty politicking for them.

I remember during the primary, r/politics's frontpage was covered in many Brietbart that were anti-Hillary.

The conservative propaganda machine is very effective.

American democrats are going to fuck up the next election and give Trump a second term, aren't they? I can see it now.

They already did by backing Clinton and pushing false narratives that Bernie supporters were racists even though they polled more favourably in terms of how they viewed minorities than Clinton supporters.

No it's not, Bernie was a huge name two years ago in the summer of 2015. Only other person who had more clamor was Trump.

Yes, it is a stupid statement. Bernie had extremely poor name recognition when he began his campaign, particularly compared to Trump and Clinton. This isn't an opinion.

e literally just had a thread on how the media clearly benefited Trump and clearly damaged the Clinton campaign.

I know you are a troll but it needs to be pointed out that THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY DOES NOT CONTROL THE FUCKING MEDIA

Learn the difference between a media being FORCED to cover bad news for Clinton because she is a disgustingly scandal-ridden self-serving politician, and what in reality is a corporate media that actively tried to minimize the damage being done to Clinton, twist and denigrate progressives and Bernie, prop up Trump per Clinton marching orders (yes we have the email on this), and painting Hillary Clinton like the magestic second coming of Jesus Obama.

The simple undeniable fact is that the Clinton camp EARNED the bad press by all the bullshit they were pulling (illegal server, emails showing collusion and corruption left and right, etc.). If the CNNs and MSNBCs of the world refused to cover those, their favoritism would be too too blatant to bear at that point.

Yes, it is a stupid statement. Bernie had extremely poor name recognition when he began his campaign, particularly compared to Trump and Clinton. This isn't an opinion.

Both Clinton and Trump started the year off far ahead of Sanders in terms of name recognition, but very soon after the primary process started he easily eclipsed Martin O'Malley, Jim Webb, and Lincoln Chaffee in the public consciousness.

rjinaz

Yeah I didn't even know who Bernie was before 2016. I didn't know anybody that did. Keep in mind at the time I was very interested in politics because of the election but still didn't know who he was until somebody posted that "who do you align more with" quiz thing and I got Bernie Sanders. I was like who the frak is Bernie Sanders?

Now everybody I know knows who he is. Some voted for him including me. The election elevated his name.

That's not what I was referring to and you know it.

I don't make a habit of employing terminology used by right wing losers afraid of women and minorities. What exactly are you projecting onto me?

I fail to see how the DNC some how cheated him out of a fucking primary.

The reason I mentioned identity politics is because thats what Bernie and many of his supporters claimed lost the democrats the 2016 election. Its not exclusively a right wing slur anymore. A lot of the same people who bitch about identity politics also kept fucking dog-whistling in the primaries calling the minorities who supported Clinton "low information voters".

Not this shit again. Hillary won more delegates where they were decided democratically, in contrast to most Bernie's wins.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-system-isnt-rigged-against-sanders/

Not shocking that most states showed statistically impossible trends of machine votes being tilted dramatically towards Clinton, when matched with the respective exit polls. A corporate party gets what a corporate party wants. Do you have any doubt that this is such in the US?

It's no accident that Trump still makes comments in his speeches about poor Bernie Sanders and how unfairly the democrats treated him.

Yeah I didn't even know who Bernie was before 2016. I didn't know anybody that did. Keep in mind at the time I was very interested in politics because of the election but still didn't know who he was until somebody posted that "who do you align more with" quiz thing and I got Bernie Sanders. I was like who the frak is Bernie Sanders?

Now everybody I know knows who he is. Some voted for him including me. The election elevated his name.

In any case, Clinton also had much more name recognition than Obama back in 2007 and look how that turned out. It doesn't take that long for a primary process to elevate name recognition of leading candidates.

KHarvey16

Not shocking that most states showed statistically impossible trends of machine votes being tilted dramatically towards Clinton, when matched with the respective exit polls. A corporate party gets what a corporate party wants. Do you have any doubt that this is such in the US?

lol

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member

Wait, are you saying they tampered and/or falsified voting machine results?

Silvard

Knowing how things turned out I wish Sanders had won the primary instead. At least we wouldn't have to suffer as many delusional hypotheticals after he lost the general.

Go on... based on what?

You see, when you claim something as undeniable, and someone denies it, it is no longer undeniable.

Knowing how things turned out I wish Sanders had won the primary instead. At least we wouldn't have to suffer as many delusional hypotheticals after he lost the general.

That'd be pretty much the only positive. And even then, they'd find some way to blame it on the DNC and Hillary.

Donald Trump
Hillary Clinton
Mitch McConnell
Paul Ryan
Nancy Pelosi
Stephen Bannon
Mike Pence
Jeff Sessions
Bernie Sanders
Chuck Schumer
Elizabeth Warren
Rex Tillerson
He is the most popular among the above group from which respondents were questioned about in the linked Harvard-Harris poll.

These same sort of clickbait stories came out earlier in the year and were summed up nicely in this tweet thread.
Indeed. Trash poll. The omission of options such as say Barack Obama, Joe Biden, and Bill Clinton in particular, while including people like Bannon and Tillerson is rather suspect. Would also be interesting to see people like Reid, Kerry, and Gore on there, along with upcommers like Booker, Harris, Gillibrand, etc. Kinda super meaningless with such slim pickings regarding both new and old faces.

Yes, he did! What's your point?

Just the idea that it took until the point when the primaries were almost over for Bernie to start garnering widespread name recognition in the country. His trajectory wasn't that gradual.

The original post that kicked this off was "HE WASN'T ALL THAT WELL KNOWN DURING THE PRIMARIES." Maybe not for the first month after announcing his campaign, but by the time people started voting I'd say he was a big dog.

Dishwalla

Banned

"This isn't an opinion" isn't the be all end all. I mean the hashtag #FeelTheBern first appeared in May 2015 and by July was widely used by the Bernie campaign at his rallies, and by August he was selling merchandise with the slogan. He had a brand and was known/recognized by a large audience more than two years ago.

Your feelings don't make it deniable. What's your counter-evidence?

Counter-evidence assumes your post contained evidence to begin with as opposed to just baseless assertions, and it also asserts that your claims haven't been debunked time and time again by more articulate members of this forum.

Counter-evidence assumes your post contained evidence to begin with as opposed to just baseless assertions.

The base of the assertion that the Clinton cabal was a scadal-ridden mess that the press couldn't avoid, is the actual litany of scandals we had to live through because it was "Her Turn".

The base of the assertion that the Clinton cabal was a scadal-ridden mess that the press couldn't avoid, is the actual litany of scandals we had to live through because it was "Her Turn".

No your assertion was that Clinton earned it. Let's not rewrite history now, you haven't even moved ahead a page. Try to pace yourself.

Of course he is. Bernie is super popular. Also, Bernie woulda won. Just sayin.

And not cause of Bernie, but cause literally almost anyone else could beat Trump.

Democrats should be on fire that they have the most popular politician in the country on their side. If Bernie feels he can do it, he should run again. He'll create a progressive administration, and put great people everywhere. I don't care that he'll be a raisin in human form. Ageism shouldn't be an acceptable thing.

That's not a study. It's a picture of a graph.

Here is a study:

http://www.p2016.org/chrnothp/Democracy_Lost_Update1_EJUSA.pdf

No your assertion was that Clinton earned it. Let's not rewrite history now, you haven't even moved ahead a page. Try to pace yourself.

Soyou think she didn't earn it by plopping a government server in her bathroom basement (prompting an FBI investigation)? or by having her minions bleach hard drives and forensically delete thousands of emails (prompting a worldwide frenzy to unearth the emails)? I could go on, but you catch my drift. She dug her own grave.

Democrats should be on fire that they have the most popular politician in the country on their side.

That's a very interesting way to look at Bernie, who is only a Democrat because he knew he'd have no chance as an independent, and spent so much of his energy railing against the democratic party and creating a toxic atmosphere towards it.

The way I see it, the only side Bernie is on is his own. For better or for worse.

rjinaz

same, i'd like someone younger and more to the left

How could you go more Left? Maybe on the gun issue?

there is no way a candidate more Left than Bernie gets elected in this political climate. I mean even matching Bernie is a stretch.

Soyou think she didn't earn it by plopping a government server in her bathroom basement (prompting an FBI investigation)? or by having her minions bleach hard drives and forensically delete thousands of emails (prompting a worldwide frenzy to unearth the emails)? I could go on, but you catch my drift. She dug her own grave.

If she earned it, she'd be in jail. Also, you do realise that wiping those hard drives was standard government procedure... right?

inb4 "lock her up"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom