• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk 2016 Anime |OT| Prelude to the CGI Boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

leakey

Agree that this episode was better. The CGI still bugs me, but I'm getting more and more numb to it. That and the frying pan sound effects.

One of the better episodes. Really liked how they did the Guts vs. Serpico fight, and also liked the bit where Guts was grabbing Isidro.

Can't wait for shit to go down next episode.
I thought the Serpico vs Guts fight was done pretty well...minus the part where Serpico Maximum Spidered his way up a ledge.

Thaedolus

Great news for the fans of the series! An announcement of the Berserk 2016 DVD boxsets scheduled to release in Japan on 2 sets. Set 1 & 2 will come out on 10/28/2016 & 12/21/16. On April 2, 2017 there is a stage event be held outside Tokyo. It will feature the seiyū along with 9mm Parabellum Bullet.
Will they announce the continuation of the anime?? I'm so excited!
Source crunchyroll.com http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/08/17-1/berserk-anime-cast-event-planned-for-2017

Is this where nipples come in?

After a generally successful duel, Serpico finally perched atop his throne as king of the scrubs.

Solid transitional episode, but the problem with adapting the manga so closely is that there isn't really any self contained structure in the episode. Especially when it ends abruptly without a solid stinger to go out on.

Pretty fascinated to see if they do a significant overhaul on certain shots for the blu-ray, or if they won't bother attempting it. You'd think that opening up the maya file and toning down a panning shot or two wouldn't break the bank.

Also, I didn't realize this was a thing you could buy for $480.
df140d522a25c624aca9533f2cb114911471466154_full.jpg

Bebpo

Banned
One of the better episodes. Really liked how they did the Guts vs. Serpico fight, and also liked the bit where Guts was grabbing Isidro.

Can't wait for shit to go down next episode.

Yeah, the Serpico fight was great, again not from the animation or anything, but the fact the source material is just so good, even with weak animation and so-so directing it's still great and compelling.

Next ep or two is gone be crazy. Fairly excited to see it animated. Since I don't think it's gonna last 4 eps, I wonder what they'll do with the last ep of two since it's not really enough time to start a new arc.

Really hope this gets renewed for another season.

Good episode. 7 and 8 feel completely different than everything else so far. This could actually end up being a decent rendition for episodes 7-12.

Wonder who got fired, lol.

i got no desire to keep watching this anymore, i just skipped and sped through this episode.

the manga being so fresh in my mind killed it

Grudy

i got no desire to keep watching this anymore, i just skipped and sped through this episode.

the manga being so fresh in my mind killed it

I'm also catching up on the episodes after reading through the manga and some of the scenes are truly horrible. I'm only at episode 5 and the fight with the Kushan scouts was unreal. It's like day and night compared to the manga.

Anung

Un Rama
Episode was 8 okay enough. The stuff with the goat apostle and Serpico was good but obviously the episode was dodgy looking in places. It's the pacing that's bizarre to me. You have that big sweeping shot across the tower with the narration which ends on the most perfect place to end the episode. But then the show meanders around for another 5 minutes with the really crap looking torture scene.

Going to be interesting to see how the next few episode look considering the scale of things to come.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Going to be interesting to see how the next few episode look considering the scale of things to come.

Expect crazy panning camera shots around the same scene a dozen times and many super up close shots of people's faces.

Thud

Yeah the slugs are horrible.

Plenty of things to frown about, but not too bad an episode. Since episode 7 the direction has been a lot better. Not enough to change my stance on this subpar production.

I've been meaning to ask this, but doesn't somebody at some point have a conversation with the Behelit head in the manga? This things just lurking around here, but it has never been explained or anything.

HStallion

I've been meaning to ask this, but doesn't somebody at some point have a conversation with the Behelit head in the manga? This things just lurking around here, but it has never been explained or anything.

Yeah a few people talk to it but nothing extensive.

Yeah a few people talk to it but nothing extensive.
Yeah that's what's been odd to me. Nobody has had a conversation yet, when I clearly remember people talking to it. Seems like Chrome Knight is going to have some words with it at least. Does Guts get Ora'd two eps from now?

Arkeband

Banned
I actually disliked the Guts vs. Serpico fight - the amount of fencing he was doing without actually accomplishing anything while they both slowly narrated their inner thoughts broke any tension.

The torture chamber reveal was fun, though.

Haven't seen today's (?) episode yet to comment on it.

Grudy

Do you mean the Egg Apostle?

Spoilers for next episode:

It kidnaps Luca and starts talking to it down in its lair before chrome knight crashes the party.

MrHoot

I might be one of the few to really like the clang of Guts' sword. I always thought it was better for these oversized type swords as they're so damn heavy that they would simply be impossible to move around in the first place.

Also, can't get mad whenever Hai Yo kicks in. Although Jerome's animation was dodgy as fuck

HStallion

I might be one of the few to really like the clang of Guts' sword. I always thought it was better for these oversized type swords as they're so damn heavy that they would simply be impossible to move around in the first place.

Also, can't get mad whenever Hai Yo kicks in. Although Jerome's animation was dodgy as fuck

The problem is they use the clang for everything it hits. I don't expect a ghost or a fleshy body to make a "CLANG" noise when struck by a large metal object.

MrHoot

The problem is they use the clang for everything it hits. I don't expect a ghost or a fleshy body to make a "CLANG" noise when struck by a large metal object.

What are you talking about. I make that noise when I go to the toilet

I do understand what you mean tho. Although I guess that thing is also so damn big that it kinda drowns and crushes through everything when it hits

Sayad

Is Casca the worst case of character regression ever?! Can't think of a comparable so good turned so bad character in any other show!

tookhster

My favorite episode so far. Come on, I can't be the only one who got chills when Hai Yo kicked in.

The jelly monsters looked better in black and white lol.

I honestly can't see much to complain about this show anymore besides the obvious (some of the animation, editing, CLANGS). I think it got better progressively after each episode but that's just me I guess. Also noticed fewer posts (mainly the drive-by shit posts) in this OT after each episode now.

Moaradin

Hai Yo is great but this anime is using it way too much. I swear they use it at least once an episode, sometimes even more.

Would have been nice if they got Hirasawa to do more of the music.

Mister Wolf

I'm so grateful to finally see this stuff animated. Thank you to the people who invested the time and money into making this adaption when no one would for all these years. I hope they get to continue the Beserk saga and I will be picking up the english dub boxset as soon it becomes available.

Tarkus

I almost shed a tear watching the original episode 21. Guts finally closed the deal with Casca. Anyone have the hentai version? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom