• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk Anime Season 2 |OT| wacky waving inflatable sword man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
0vPn9UV.gif

Truth be told? I'm really impressed with this clip. Because I don't understand HOW it's even fucking working! It is beyond my brain's comprehension. It's like traveling without moving. Frank Herbert and David Lynch would be proud.

Breads

Banned
I am so fucking angry that this thing is still going and I haven't even seen a single second of season 2.

What did we do to deserve this.

Almost 20 god damn years we waited.

I'm so glad I'm not watching this. Wtf at those gifs.

I just click on this thread when it pops up on first page for the weekly something-to-laugh-at, apart from that I don't think about Berserk at all. And I read the manga and played the recent game.

Gulz1992

Holy crap, I didn't notice it but Grunbeld's hammer is bent before it's hit. lmfao

Zdn6hlr.gif

Credit to SuperBruan and walterbennet on reddit for capturing it.

Gulz1992

Ok I thought one scene from this episode looked great, just one. When guts throws the Dragonslayer at the apostole that's heading for Casca his hand motion looks pretty smooth.

I think you mean when the apostoles heading for Isidro and Seprico. In which case, yeah the hand motion there is probably the smoothest animation in the entire episode.

Also, I love how the only decent looking bits are just colored artwork from the manga and then when it switches back to the shitty cg it looks nothing like the artwork. Great consistency.

7608s4avlp2z.png

Gulz1992

Episode 11

One more episode and than it's finally over. I'm tired of this anime, so just a few notes about this episode:

They completely removed the Moonlight Child, which to me confirms that this show isn't getting another season.

More hai yo and CLANG. Who does that surprise at this point?

They brought back the saxophone.

The hatching filter looks even worse than usual.
fsq9tgG.jpg

Is it me or does Guts' look really strange in this shot?
7ohlqSw.png

The preview for the final episode is them reaching Vritannis and it also mentions that the stupid pirates are going to appear. Because they truly are the appropriate way to end this anime on.

Gulz1992

Oh yeah, they also completely removed the apostle raid on Windham and the rescue of the princess. Could be that they're saving to cram that into the final episode, or they've just completely given up on trying to follow the manga.

I will say this, the animation in this episode was not embarrassingly unfinished like the last 2 episodes were. It's still terrible, but there wasn't anything like the South Park walking or the apostle "transformations".

Wait don't tell me there's a possibility they're going to cut out the scene where we find out that Charlotte's been knitting Tumblr fan art of Griffith Senpai.

Anung

Un Rama
The hatching filter looks even worse than usual.
fsq9tgG.jpg

I can just imagine the show runners seeing the work and being like "this looks terrible! Turn the filters up to 11!"

Next season is just going to be TV static and will look all the better for it.

Gulz1992

Wait don't tell me there's a possibility they're going to cut out the scene where we find out that Charlotte's been knitting Tumblr fan art of Griffith Senpai.

They already cut it. It was supposed to occur before the beach scene. They could be saving to cram it into the final episode, but that would mean they'd have to introduce Ganishka and rush through everything even worse than they're been doing in order to also fit in the Vritannis scenes. Now they could have dedicated most of the episode to the Apostle raid and the princess's rescue and then end with Guts and crew reaching Vritannis, which would have made for a decent finale. But it looks like they're not doing that and the epic finale of this anime will instead be Isidro's fight against the dumbass comic relief pirates.

Gulz1992

Oh hell, it looks marginally better than the last 2 episodes but:

Asian Guts!
beast-chomp.gif

Serpico decapitating the Kushan with the feather duster. Not with the wind attack, but literally with the feather.
rZATCfC.gif

Great blood effects
beast-slowmo.gif

This shot.
croc-drag.gif

Credit goes to Walter on skullknight.net for capturing them.

Oh hell, it looks marginally better than the last 2 episodes but:

Asian Guts!
beast-chomp.gif

Serpico decapitating the Kushan with the feather duster. Not with the wind attack, but literally with the feather.
rZATCfC.gif

Great blood effects
beast-slowmo.gif

This shot.
croc-drag.gif

Credit goes to Walter on skullknight.net for capturing them.
It's almost like they put extra effort into being this bad. The Dragon Slayer isn't even long enough to impale four of those things in that frame.

Gulz1992

Considering what I've seen in just this thread, this isn't that bad.

It's putting the credits over it. Out of all the scenes to fit into the credits, this was the worst one. The scene itself looks like they actually tried, which makes this worse.

Breads

Banned
I guess this is getting another season?

I don't understand why they would get this far into the story in a single cour or what the intended conclusion will end up being.

At this rate they will catch up to the manga in 2 cours tops which is absurd. Several seasons of a Berserk anime can be made with the content they would have to cut.

Man they're really rushing through this, aren't they? At this point I have no idea where they could end the final episode at considering there's a huge period of downtime from now until Ganishka's invasion of Vritannis. Regardless, I hope this doesn't get a third season and that maybe a few years down the line we get a new adaptation helmed by a more talented studio that cares more about berserk.

Veelk

Banned
I hope when this gets a dub, the production team sees this for what it is and just hires equally bad voice actors to match the animation.

I want this to be the anime equivalent of The Room.

Gravidee

I hope when this gets a dub, the production team sees this for what it is and just hires equally bad voice actors to match the animation.

They should just do the same to this anime as what happened with Ghost Stories.

They already have a dub for the first season and made damn sure they didn't get Mark Diraison as Guts.

Please God, let it be canceled for good
I was hoping they'd be able to do the Part 5 anime while they aired this so I could follow this shit show up with Jojo to wash the rancid taste out of my mouth like with last year, but nope. I had to mainline this without the feel good of Jojo. I normally just watch this while I'm eating breakfast or dinner so I'm not fully paying attention and broke that trend last week. The physical pain was incomprehensible.

Gulz1992

Man they're really rushing through this, aren't they? At this point I have no idea where they could end the final episode at considering there's a huge period of downtime from now until Ganishka's invasion of Vritannis. Regardless, I hope this doesn't get a third season and that maybe a few years down the line we get a new adaptation helmed by a more talented studio that cares more about berserk.

The Grand Finale of this anime is Isidro fighting the dumbass comic relief pirates (it's already confirmed in the preview). After that, I supposed they'll have Schierke's scene with Sonia and then either end with them getting on the boat or just end it abruptly with them in Vritannis.

Oberon

Banned
I had a bet with friend about weither Metroid was going to be ont this years Nintendo presentation. The loser has to watch all of berserk 2016/17.
Thank you nintendo for saving me from this curse.

Arkeband

Banned
This is a lot of placeholder-level animation to leave to the blu-ray team to clean up. The season wasn't good, but the last few episodes have been utterly horrendous, and you'd think that of all the scenes to do properly it would have been the Berserker Armor scenes.

You know, I watched Berserk 2016, and while it wasn't good, it was... barely tolerable, I could stomach the shit because it was Berserk.

No Berserk could wash the shit taste of this season, so I dropped it really early.

But I'm actually fascinated by the gifs that keep popping up because every time I see a new one I think "this is it, this can't be topped" I am ALWAYS WRONG BY THE NEXT GIF.

I have very little knowledge of Berserk, never read it, never watched it. This could be one of my favorite threads on NeoGAF. The Gifs are epic.

I have very little knowledge of Berserk, never read it, never watched it. This could be one of my favorite threads on NeoGAF. The Gifs are epic.
They are epic for all the wrong reasons. This is like some kind of parallel universe Berserk that you would find on Ricky and Morty's interdimensional cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom