• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT - Berserk #344 24/6/2016

Serpico prepared the whole scenario to handicap Guts, and it did, and he still won. It is pretty clear at the end of the fight, that Serpico recognises he is no match for Guts. And that is fine, almost no one is who doesn't have 'cheating' powers. I mean he could probably defeat human form Zodd without the Berserk armour now...Guts is meant to be a force of nature. The apostles are supernatural forces. He is the anti-apostle. Eh wait a minute, he is using the Berserk armour now...maybe my ramble falls apart...

Serpico is extremely skilled and intelligent, but doesn't have Guts insanity which pushes him over the edge.
I'm perfectly fine with him not being able to defeat Guts. Gut's has amassed a body count that I stopped trying to keep track of after like page 10 of the manga, Serpico proved himself a good fighter just by being able to plan that fight enough to be able to disadvantage him, lose and still be savvy enough to escape without getting sliced in half. Besides they seem to be on the same side now anyway and Serpico's planning looks like it'll be able to balance out Guts hurricane like will and insanity. I wonder when Guts gets his Berserk armor.

Edit:

Almost done with Volume 23 and this is not the Band of the Hawk that I grew up with. It's nothing but Apostles and Ward demons it seems like and funny enough Sonia is the creepiest one in that group, or am I reading her wrong? You also have Griffith sitting on a tree throne with a sea of dead warrior souls swimming around him. What the fuck is this world coming to?

Done with volume 23. Serpico is pretty damn useful. Farnese was a Holy Iron Chain Knight for how many years? She lacks basic survival skills. Even Casca the vegetable managed to find her way back to camp.

Keep in mind that her position was pretty much ornamental and she probably got it thanks to her father.
I do realize that, but I figured she'd pick up something during that amount of time. She's so...useless. It's clear she's only still alive because Serpico has her back. At least she realizes that now though, she's definitely going through a learning phase that she really never had before.

Edit:

I do find funny how Casca and Farnese get along so well considering Farnese spent like two volumes trying to set Casca on fire. She even washes her hair.

Edit 2:

Just typed "Bagserk" into Google...I had no idea this was an ongoing thing:
syl4Hl.jpg

tumblr_mpu30vNClR1qeq9h6o1_500.jpg

Man this village they're in has a worse troll problem than neogaf.

Tacitus_

The 2nd Serpico fight is even more ludicrous

1748916-gutsvsserpico.jpg

That stone pillar has a steel core in it and there are so many of them that Guts could only stab with his sword.

Unless he smashed through the pillars.

Hunh, apparently they were just "thicker than usual and reinforced". It's been a few years since I last read it so I must've confused it with something else.

Berserk is not an historical story but it has an natural historical context.

Steel use in construction as reinforcement is very contemporary (and steel construction even more). The reinforcement could be a natural composite with concrete or just wider columns. Stone is amazing for compression but it has a very low tensile strength (this is where Steel entered the scene in construction). Miura is not a structural engineer , but it that case it doesn't seem that far fetched (at least in the context of Berserk and Guts). He's not really trying to bend it with the sword , but its possible that the force distribution could cause real damage if applied correctly.

So Slan interrupts Guts' troll slayathon just so she can try to rape him. It's like the God Hand of nothing better to do than to fuck with the guy. Do the members of the God Hand represent something different? I would assume Griffith was ambition, Slan probably being lust and Void seems to look like he'd represent intellect.

So Slan interrupts Guts' troll slayathon just so she can try to rape him. It's like the God Hand of nothing better to do than to fuck with the guy. Do the members of the God Hand represent something different? I would assume Griffith was ambition, Slan probably being lust and Void seems to look like he'd represent intellect.

Slan is curious about Guts' massive physical strength, the darkness of his soul and his ability to exist outside of causality. Slan seems to want him. I always thought her kissing him before leaving the Qliphoth was her "marking" Guts.

Conrad and Ubik don't seem to care much about Guts and Void is also curious as to him existing outside of the flow of causality.

Famassu

So how much has this advanced from the time that the Cruise of Infinity began? When they set sail was the last time I read Berserk.

cyborg009

Banned

She was raping him? I couldn't understand what was going on. I thought he was drowning or something.

She was raping him? I couldn't understand what was going on. I thought he was drowning or something.

I suppose it could be interpreted as Slan raping Guts, kind of a reversal of the Femto/Casca scene but I don't really think so. Slan is a huge sadomasochist and probably just wanted to watch him squirm.

Veelk

Banned
She was sexually assaulting him at the very least. Guts was uncomfortable and I doubt he would have consented in general. Rape requires sexual intercourse, and they didn't get that far, but it's definitely the direction she was getting at.

She was sexually assaulting him at the very least. Guts was uncomfortable and I doubt he would have consented in general. Rape requires sexual intercourse, and they didn't get that far, but it's definitely the direction she was getting at.
She did want him to penetrate her in some way. Yo man like fuck Griffith. Dude had nothing better to do than to torch that nice magic ladies treehouse.

Tizoc

Is it out yet?!
IS THE CHAPTER OUT YET?!
IS HE OFF THE BOAT?
IS HE STILL ON THE BOAT?!
IS HE ON THE BOAT BUT BECAUSE THEY HAD LEFT ELFHELL?!
SOMEBODY TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it out yet?!
IS THE CHAPTER OUT YET?!
IS HE OFF THE BOAT?
IS HE STILL ON THE BOAT?!
IS HE ON THE BOAT BUT BECAUSE THEY HAD LEFT ELFHELL?!
SOMEBODY TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The boat sunk and they swam to a desert island with some palms. They have to build a new boat.

So Guts has the berserker armor and fought off a giant crystal dragon. Like what da fuck!!!! Miura has excellent art work. That panel where Schierke is in Guts memory and you see all that tragic stuff mashed together from the eclipse is true Gothic beauty.

It's actually not a huge spoiler by any means. Feel free if you want.

But if you don't, I can tell you that you picked probably one of the most ideal times to get into the series.
I had a feeling that was going to be what the spoiler said. Yeah it does seem like I chose the perfect time to get into the series and not, say three years ago.

Moaradin

I feel like the boat thing was blown out of proportion. Yes, it's been a long time... but that was the crazy release schedule more than anything. If you read it in bulk, the actual pacing isn't bad. Especially considering all the chapters where Guts isn't even in it and it's focusing on Griffith and Falconia.

This arc is gonna be really interesting though. PLEASE LET CASCA BE GOOD AGAIN.

Mr.Sword

Hey guys, I would like to hear your advice on berserk.

I've stopped reading right after the war arc ended. ( when femto or w/e his other name was pointing his fingers to falconia ).

I just didn't feel getting into another arc with the constant hiatus, but the author seems committed now and it is actually in monthly format so that's actually reassuring.

Is it a good time to catch up? a lot of people have been telling me the manga is slow, and something about a boring arc involving ship (lol) ?

I already have 37 volumes from my last read few years ago, so that's a plus.

Thanks,

Hey guys, I would like to hear your advice on berserk.

I've stopped reading right after the war arc ended. ( when femto or w/e his other name was pointing his fingers to falconia ).

I just didn't feel getting into another arc with the constant hiatus, but the author seems committed now and it is actually in monthly format so that's actually reassuring.

Is it a good time to catch up? a lot of people have been telling me the manga is slow, and something about a boring arc involving ship (lol) ?

I already have 37 volumes from my last read few years ago, so that's a plus.

Thanks,

It's still a 20 page episode per month. It's always going to be a slow paced ride. The story isnt slow. The release is. If you enjoy to read it at a regularly pace , naturally i advise you to wait . If you endure the wait and like to over-analyze every single panel , then you can pick up where you left off.

That's kind of funny, since
Toriko
is doing the same thing right now in it's current arc.

I don't think they are. They jumped ahead like a month a few chapters ago but now they are still showing everything that happened in that time. They might be moving ahead quickly but they have not had a time skip and I don't think they will.

Man princess Charlotte is still dtf when it comes to Griffith. The amount of artwork she has made in that...things image is borderline hilarious. Does Miura not like women or something? Stuff is always bursting out of them on top of other forms of body gore. Locus' apostle form looks like something out of Claymore. The berserker armor really took its toll on Guts, he's going grey now and lost a lot of weight.

Tizoc

Of all the things to update in the thread title, maybe update the release of the next chapter or remove #338 from it :p

Top Bottom