• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best and Most Hype Final Fantasy Reveal Trailer?

Best and Most Hype Final Fantasy Reveal?

• Final Fantasy XII

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Final Fantasy XIII

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Final Fantasy XV

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy VII: Remake

Votes: 43 60.6%
  • Final Fantasy XVI

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So GAF? Which FF trailer has made you incredibly hyped like there's no tomorrow (even if the final game let you down)?

Final Fantasy XII:

Final Fantasy XIII:

Final Fantasy XIV:

Final Fantasy XV:

Final Fantasy VII Remake:

Final Fantasy XVI:

Myths

TBH, none of those L0l. Where’s the FF5 remake trailer?

If I had to choose, I guess XIII was pretty intense then. Edit: mostly because of the music used in the trailer.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
XV reveal was probably the hypest shit of all time. But it is a little strange as it's more of a re-reveal. The fact that it could generate that much excitement while being a 2nd showing is kind of impressive.

The only other possible contender is FFXIII.

royox

This.

I still get chills every time.

WE FALL!!!
WE FALL!!
WE FALL!!
ONTO THE END!!
THE END! (One worlds End)
OUR END (OUR WORLD'S END)
WE WON'T END! (WE WON'T END)

And now even more knowing the real meaning of the song and the chorus (main voice being us, chorus being Ascians).

I want to say XV because of how much I wanted Versus XIII, but VIIR was next level. It was a unicorn that we never thought we'd ever see. The reaction from the E3 2015 crowd was epic and unforgettable.

sublimit

Banned

It was 1998 and i had just played FFVII which had blew my mind. I got a demo disc from Official Playstation Magazine which had this trailer inside. I think i must have watched it more than 100 times. I couldn't help wondering who were those characters and what were their stories. The music and character designs were so badass. The Gunblade blew my mind as a concept.

And then next year the game came out and it was one of my biggest disappointments in gaming ever.

From those in the OP the original Versus trailer (the one that also had some gameplay) had also made me very hyped.

Last edited:

bushidobrown504

Neo Member
Final Fantasy VII the original ps1 version. I remember as a kid I saw the trailer and was like, ohhhh what’s that? Yes I’m old. Yes I will never stop gaming.

ultima786

7 Remake and XV were out of this world for different reasons. the XV trailer was just perfectly edited and unbelievably hype. The Remake trailer blew minds just because of what it was, even though it wasn't a spectacle.

MrS

Banned
VII Remake was a huge moment. Rest of them are garbage weeb shit. 16 trailer the other day was absolutely dreadful.

Of those, Remake easy. But I still remember being blown away by the 320x240 Quicktime video of the Leviathan summon from FFVIII. For some reason that sticks out as the first piece of video media released of FFVIII and it looked insane.

MeteorVII

VII Remake.

Not only the best FF reveal, but possibly the greatest E3 moment of all time as well, with only the KH3 Toy Story reveal and Twilight Princess reveal trailers even coming close to it in terms of hype.

Fbh

XV had me really hyped. After a disappointing gen with XIII it felt like my hype for FF was back.
And then pretty much nothing from that trailer ended up being in the game, lol.

Just as a trailer I also really like the VII Remake one. It's CG but I like how it goes from "what is this?" to "wait...is...is it VI?I" to "don't get hyped...it's Square...it's probably a movie or something", and then right at the "BAM...Remake!"

Last edited:

Moonjt9

FF7 Remake reveal was by far the biggest moment of collective shock and excitement I have ever seen in 30 years of gaming. I doubt anything will ever top that reveal.

sublimit

Banned
Besides the ones i already mentioned i also LOVE the trailer of FFXIV Heavensward. That CG was mindblowing and gives me goosebumps every time i watch it.
I also love the CG intro of FFIV DS. I guess i have a thing for Dragoons and fantasy settings. :messenger_expressionless:

Oh and the CG trailer for the first Dissidia was also amazing. I remember showing it to a friend who was not a gamer but loved fantasy stuff and CG movies and his jaw dropped to the floor lol.The Dissidia music theme was incredible as well.

Last edited:

Enzo88

OOyb.png

AJUMP23

Gold Member
The original FF7 trailer when they said they were leaving Nintendo and moving to PlayStation because CDroms provided more storage.

Pejo

I was at the Playstation Experience in San Francisco when they revealed the FF7 remake, and the excitement from the crowd was just insane. One of the most memorable moments in this hobby for me, to be there live. Everyone thought it was just going to be SE trolling us again, but it actually ended up being real. The whole building just exploded. Regardless of what I think of the finished product, that will always be the most hype I ever was for a trailer. Who knew the "year of dreams" would end up so mediocre in practice though.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
It's FFVIII but you never gave that option so FFVII Remake

Snakey125

I get
My vote is for Shadowbringers also. I love that trailer, the way Ardbert switched between all the jobs to fight was a great touch. Great story too, I wished they had made a main line FF with that story it was so good.
That's not Adbert. Without spoiling too much, it's supposed to be derplander aka you.

I get people enjoy FF7Remake's trailer, but my vote is toward Shadowbringers AND ARR's trailer.

ARR for how originally it was presented in FFXIV 1.0 and Shadowbringer's wonderful OST.

Last edited:

NahaNago

This is a tough one since these trailers have such different styles. I loved all of them except for 16. Most hype creating would have to be 7R or 13. 7r is strong in the nostalgia but 13's music and the train at the beginning that screams ff7 plus all of the action just makes ya hype. The ones that got me really interested and moved would be 14 and 15. 12's trailer easily got me hooked on the characters. Although it is probably my least favorite played game I'd have to give it to FF13.

Kev Kev

that ffvii remake trailer is hands down the most hyped ive ever seen the world wide gaming community. there are hours and hours of reaction videos, including large crowded theatres, of people freaking out from all around the world. that was a really fun day.

Last edited:

Ixion

For me it was 13. Seeing that trailer for the first time made you feel like you were witnessing the reveal of the next generation’s FF7/FF10, especially since it was roughly the same team making it.

I ended up hating the game, but yeah great trailer.

SkylineRKR

FFXIII was hype because I thought it would revolutionize RPG. Little did I know that the original game would be such a dud. I think FFVII Remake was the biggest hype, the game did exist after all. Turned out to be another dud imo, but better than XIII and XV by quite a bit at least.

In recent years, I'm not sure anything can beat the initial reveal of the actual FF7 Remake, but going a litter further back, nothing has matched Square's Millennium Event, where they announced FFIX, FFX, and FFXI.

Last edited:

Collin

Banned
xiii versus becoming xv was pretty exciting but obviously the ff7 remake trailer was so hype and the clear winner here. just watch this live reaction starting at 1:41 here to really feel the weight of it -

This.

I still get chills every time.

WE FALL!!!
WE FALL!!
WE FALL!!
ONTO THE END!!
THE END! (One worlds End)
OUR END (OUR WORLD'S END)
WE WON'T END! (WE WON'T END)

And now even more knowing the real meaning of the song and the chorus (main voice being us, chorus being Ascians).
It kind of fit the insanity of Frandaniel

I get

That's not Adbert. Without spoiling too much, it's supposed to be derplander aka you.

I get people enjoy FF7Remake's trailer, but my vote is toward Shadowbringers AND ARR's trailer.

ARR for how originally it was presented in FFXIV 1.0 and Shadowbringer's wonderful OST.
Should the final 2 minutes of Flame of Truth count? When i first watch that after beating t12 was pure epicness.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Not sure.

I can only say one thing. Besides being a long time fan of the series, I didn't feel FFXII from the very beginning. And that disappointing feeling endured..

So I guess I got the opposite answer, than what you're looking for.

Last edited:
Top Bottom