• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best and Worst Evil Versions of Main Characters (Spoilers)

the absolute best:

2511896-rr22001b.jpg

(The Plutonian)

The best evil version of Superman. A very tragic character, but plays out pretty much what an evil Superman could really be like.
The crazy thing is you might still take his side (or at least sympathize with him) after you read the story.

Mugsy

I'm in love with concept of Owlman as the Nihilistic Batman.

latest

"Why would you want to destroy the world?"
"Because it's the only action one could take that would have any purpose."

https://youtu.be/1tag9Pm3qtA

I love Owlman in that movie.
Especially his death, the little laugh before saying "it doesn't really matter." You are not quite sure if he actually means it or he realizes he does care that he is about to die.

Code:
[IMG]http://resizing.flixster.com/yJ7eYClJDBksuNI0NkQBmaMYmuQ=/799x1066/v1.bTsxMTIwMDA5NDtqOzE3NDUzOzIwNDg7MTE0OTsxNTMy[/IMG]
I really dug these versions a lot. Not Batman so much as Wonder Woman and Superman, but I still really liked all of them.
Best moment in forever evil.
Dats not true

But this man has me covered
No this was.

how-captain-cold-defeated-johnny-quick-2.jpg
Hell yeah
Best, Vampire Willow. She's so evil, and skanky, and kinda gay. As Willow's evil opposite, Evil Willow led life to the evil fullest, which included riding people like ponies, BDSM, and being more honest about her own sexuality, which must gotten the real Willow thinking. Fighting an alternate reality vampire version of yourself makes for an unusual coming out story.
She's basically a prologue to Dark Willow. All of those desires that Willow keeps so carefully under lock and key and represses come out all at once. We see what happens when she lets things go, with stuff like "Something Blue". Because she suppresses those desires, when she does slip up, it's basically an explosion and comes out all at once. She pretty much goes zero to sixty. It's why Wishverse Willow seems so sprung in the opposite direction at first, especially when you stick her next to Wishverse Xander, which as terrible as it feels to say, doesn't feel like much of a stretch. Really,
the only thing that feels similar between the two is that sense of childlike playfulness.
When Wally West & Luthor got switched, if that counts.
XZc5tJb.png
I would argue that body switches (and similar circumstances) don't count. It's a different person inside a different body. Even if it is a villain possessing a hero, it's a completely different person. Justice Lord Superman is still Superman, but from a different Earth/timeline. But he's still unquestionably Superman.

On that note...
the absolute best:

2511896-rr22001b.jpg

(The Plutonian)

The best evil version of Superman. A very tragic character, but plays out pretty much what an evil Superman could really be like.
The crazy thing is you might still take his side (or at least sympathize with him) after you read the story.
...I would argue this also doesn't count. He's not a version of Superman. A Superman analogue, sure, but not Superman. Therefore, not an evil version of Superman.

Apt101

I kind of want to go with Ultraman, but I'll say Superboy-Prime. He's terrible in every way Clark Kent (1) is good, and is powerful in the same way compared to the Earth 1 characters as Superman himself is considered powerful to the people of Earth 1. If that makes sense.

XAL

Batman_%28Ben_Affleck%29.jpg

I kid, I kid.
Kind of.

Actually, I do think he genuinely qualifies as an evil Batman, atleast for the first 2/3's of the movie. It's just whether that's a good thing is a matter of whether you like having an evil batman or have good taste.

He's a murderous maniac in that movie. You're not off base at all.

latest

I like Owlman as well, however in watching that clip I remembered he was voiced by James Woods *barf*

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Most unique:

Quint from Mega Man

In the future, at a point past where all of the classic games take place, Dr. Wily kidnaps and reprograms Mega Man and sends him back in time to fight himself. Mega Man kills Quint, giving a possible reason for his eventual disappearance in the X timeline and beyond.

He also has shades and fights with a pogo stick for some reason.

In JLU there was an evil clone of Supergirl called Galitea.

I wish she had more appearances she kinda dissapears after her attack on the watchtower.

That's because she gets put into a coma by Supergirl flash-frying her. Plus, I feel like there was an implication that Galatea, much like the Ultamen, wasn't going to last. She just managed to last a lot longer. That and Hamilton pretty much nabbed her and disappeared, since the whole Cadmus program got shut down after that.

SOLDIER

cab4026bfd4126ac994952b2b71fd4c8_1920_KR.jpg

From a design standpoint, he was created to be Cloud's opposite.

In Dissidia's story mode, he even acts as the Cloud stand-in on the Chaos side, even going so far as to spout some of Cloud's lines ("Not interested.").

As for a more literal answer:

3176626-xenogears_id_by_clarityblue.jpg

In Xenogears, Id is literally
the dark manifestation of Fei's torment and hate from his repeated abuse (and implied rape) as a child

13ruce

Banned
Liquid Snake, Solidus Snake and Venom Snake and Maybe even Big Boss himself actually kinda funny the best or well it seems Solid Snake actualy is the worst clone genes wise seems to be the good guy and beat/outlive them all.

I love Owlman in that movie.
Especially his death, the little laugh before saying "it doesn't really matter." You are not quite sure if he actually means it or he realizes he does care that he is about to die.

latest

#relationshipgoals

Woooooorst: Evil Professor Xavier

...Did he just... okay.

SOLDIER

Say what?!?

during the flashback that describes his childhood, Id said that Fei experienced all kinds of horrors as a child in order to bring out his latent abilities. One of the terms thrown around was "Ecstasy".

Considering we see some adults enter his room during this part, it's not hard to see what the narrative was suggesting (plus it also suggested that Billy's church was being used in order to "fulfill the priest's perverse desires".....)

Xenogears is a mega-dark RPG and I adore it to this day.

bjork

The best is when Kimberly goes bad in that one episode of Power Rangers and she's got a leather jacket and big hair.

Worst is Billy in the same episode, who is probably too nice a guy in real life to be a convincing shithead on a kid's show.

Anyway, real answer for best:

U3P6wBq.jpg

Did exactly what he set out to do, then kept his promise at the end. I admire that guy.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The best is when Kimberly goes bad in that one episode of Power Rangers and she's got a leather jacket and big hair.

Worst is Billy in the same episode, who is probably too nice a guy in real life to be a convincing shithead on a kid's show.

Anyway, real answer for best:

U3P6wBq.jpg

Did exactly what he set out to do, then kept his promise at the end. I admire that guy.

kraven has never gotten his due. its sad really

so good. that moment when you see that first person perspective of him driving with the slowed down music. and then you're wondering who's in the car and you see Cooper for the first time in 25 years with this trashy looking wig haha.

and then he subsequently ends up being a terrifying character.

It's just the right amount of goofy to somehow make him even more sinister. Him talking to Gordon through the glass in episode four was some uncanny shit.

Blues1990

Does Rene Belloq (from Raiders of the Lost Ark) count as an evil counterpart to Indiana Jones? Both he and Indy are successful archaeologists, with the main difference being that Belloq is willing to work with anyone (regardless of moral standing) on a job, and that he's perfectly content to let someone else find the treasure.

As for evil twin....Mrs. Peel's clone from The Avengers? Vergil from the Devil May Cry series? I'm drawing blanks here.

Does Rene Belloq (from Raiders of the Lost Ark) count as an evil counterpart to Indiana Jones? Both he and Indy are successful archaeologists, with the main difference being that Belloq is willing to work with anyone (regardless of moral standing) on a job, and that he's perfectly content to let someone else find the treasure.

Good point. I'm pretty sure he says it himself too near the end of the film (when Indy hesitates to blow the Ark away with a rocket launcher).

zeemumu

I'm reading through this now. I feel like Hunter's transition into Zoom was a little rushed, especially since the thing he was mad about Flash not doing blew up in his face (literally). But I guess the mental toll that the powers took on him have a lot to do with it.

Does this count?

The Shadowlord is the dark and twisted clone of Nier who fills the role of final boss and villain of the game, but in the end it's revealed that the Shadowlord is the original, and if you were to weigh their actions against each other, Nier would clearly be the evil version.

Because they gave young jean character more so than adult jean even if she was intially annoying
Yeah and? I'm not saying that the Dark Phoenix Saga wasn't amazing. One of the best superhero stories of all time, let alone X-Men and to an even lesser extent, Jean Grey. But it's not the only good one out there.

Top Bottom