• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy has new shipments of PS4 in their stores (1/19/2014)! #thirstisreal

Amir0x

Banned
Edit : IN STORE ONLY

Best Buys to Get Ps4 Today

lTBOPab.jpg

Get 'em while they're hot.

Was announced on Facebook at 11pm (EST), so... go go!

MercuryLS

Banned
I'm still amazed at the incredible demand for PS4 in NA. I honestly thought the demand would be a lot closer in this market based on how strong the Xbox brand is here. That $100 price gap makes a huge difference.

PSGames

Ugh I have a $500 bestbuy giftcard for this sole purpose but have no idea what I'd play on the thing. Think I'll wait until around Infamous maybe.

Anth0ny

oh god there are still lines for PS4!? I still cannot believe with how much Sony has been able to produce demand remains this high. They really did go beyond what I thought was possible, so kudos to them

Some of the greatest pre launch marketing ive ever seen. Nintendo should take some notes.

I was wondering what the line was for.

yeah, they were lined up at my local Best Buy this morning as well, probably 15-20 people. They advertised it in 2 separate areas today in their Sales Ad, and I drove by this morning and people were all lined up. I was like "WTF is going on at Best Buy:?" Then I got the newspaper today and saw the ad.

Crazy!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I just wish Sony would give us a little nugget like a TLOU port
fJPLjom.gif

just a widdle bite

REDRZA

Banned
I'm still amazed at the incredible demand for PS4 in NA. I honestly thought the demand would be a lot closer in this market based on how strong the Xbox brand is here. That $100 price gap makes a huge difference.

$100 price gap AND a more powerful, better gaming console doesnt hurt.

komplanen

People here thinking those 20 people were lining up for PS4 need to realize that they could also be lining up for an Xbox One or a Wii U. Don't be such an obvious fanboy GEEZ!

ascii42

When I was at Best Buy today, I did notice they had 6 PS4s sitting in the PS4 section. I didn't look around to see if they had any more stacked somewhere else.

Amir0x

Banned
Paying MS to be idiots for a year prior to launch? Sony played it smart, but man if MS didn't give them some LeBron James level assists.

It's true, Microsoft simply handed them the ball. But, like you said, Sony played it smart. they had such a razor focused message and they kept hammering it home. Consumers recognize that sort of clarity of vision, I think.

I was in line at toys r us back in January 2007 for the Wii. Seems like a similar situation at least to this point.

Hell, I saw people lining up for Wiis over a year after it released, although obviously that was selling different numbers than the PS4. Good to see the PS4 selling well so far, it'll be interesting to see how far the launch momentum can carry it through the inevitable game drought months following launch.

What's interesting about there still being lines in January, hasn't PS4 outsold the wii handily so far? Granted, I don't get the sense of that rabid demand that drove resales up high for the wii, but PS4 is also more abundant.

I know it's almost a meme at this point, but I'm really interested at what this summer will look like.

Top Bottom