• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy Shipping is friggin awesome

Got my Zelda amiibo early, expecting the other 4 tomorrow. Got a little worried that they wouldn't be here on time but luckily I got a shipping confirmation.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
UPS finally picked up the order. Estimating delivery tomorrow, I've never gotten overnight shipping from Best Buy. Hope it's right!

Mine finally said shipped this morning, but I can't track it. It was supposed to get here today but the status still says that it's awaiting pickup from UPS. Has anybody else had this issue? I can't figure out how to contact their customer service or else I would.

I'm reposting this since it was on the bottom of the last page. Did anybody else have their shipment listed as arriving today only to have it still pending for UPS pickup?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got my Switch shipped from Bestbuy. I always had a higher opinion of Amazon...until they fucked over people who didn't have Prime and then still fuck over some people who have Prime...

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I'm reposting this since it was on the bottom of the last page. Did anybody else have their shipment listed as arriving today only to have it still pending for UPS pickup?

Mine was stuck on pending for UPS pickup for a long while, but eventually a tracking number was added in the evening with an updated delivery date for tomorrow before end of day.

I assume your copy is still waiting for a UPS truck at a dispatch location, and its possible at this point it may not change until the next truck arrival in the am. (Unless UPS does have it and has yet to update its status)

Wagram

Switch, Zelda, and Pro controller all out for delivery. BB never fails me. Can't wait to start up Zelda in about a month.

Mine is delayed too. Luckily I ordered two just in case. Amazon won't fail me.

I should have done that too. I'm not one to get disgruntled with shipping and whatnot but the fact that I got an email at 12:30am the day it's supposed to be delivered that it's getting delayed really pisses me off.

I could have made plans to get a switch by other means instead of thinking they'd get the these orders ready for delivery before 4pm the day before release and then get delayed in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. I also renewed my gamers club unlocked yesterday too for future switch games seems like a waste as I don't really want to give them any more money after flubbing their shipping seeing as how people got theirs a day early from Best Buy in some cases.

lionpants

No shipping email from BB.ca yet here in BC, Canada.

Credit card has pending charges since yesterday afternoon.

I'm hoping that the emails are just delayed and it was shipped yesterday. :(

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Well, Best Buy just shipped my copy of Ghost Recon. LOL. I might get to play it Sunday, but I'll be out all day Saturday when it is delivered.

Just got my Switch and Pro controller from BB. Just waiting on Zelda now, which oddly didn't ship with a bunch of other stuff I got yesterday, and also wasn't sent FedEx like the console and Pro controller.

Wagram

Another special shout out to Best buy. Received this in my email today:

"Thank you for choosing Best Buy to pre-order Mass Effect Andromeda PlayStation 4. We noticed that your order does not have the Mass Effect: BBY Exclusive Steelbook, included with your game. We want to make sure that you have this item, so we have added it to your order, free of charge."

I remember someone on the forums having an issue with his pre-order not having the steelbook due to ordering before they offered it.

My Nier copy (first game I've ordered through BB) delivered Tuesday afternoon - not great. I have Mass Effect coming, hopefully it comes in Monday

Darklor01

Another special shout out to Best buy. Received this in my email today:

"Thank you for choosing Best Buy to pre-order Mass Effect Andromeda PlayStation 4. We noticed that your order does not have the Mass Effect: BBY Exclusive Steelbook, included with your game. We want to make sure that you have this item, so we have added it to your order, free of charge."

I remember someone on the forums having an issue with his pre-order not having the steelbook due to ordering before they offered it.

I actually canceled my presentation-order this afternoon after reading so much negative. BBY system still added the Steelbook and is going to ship it at no cost. If I do pick it up down the line a bit on the cheap, it will be nice to have the Steelbook.

Kambing

yo I must have got a lemon of an experience, but my ME: Andromeda Steel Case just arrived. Game was not in shrink wrap, and the damn content (disc, dlc) was all gone. Motherfuckers!

Soooo anyone have any experience dealing with BB concerning this? Going to march my ass there now but tips/suggestions welcome.

Alucrid

Banned
yo I must have got a lemon of an experience, but my ME: Andromeda Steel Case just arrived. Game was not in shrink wrap, and the damn content (disc, dlc) was all gone. Motherfuckers!

Soooo anyone have any experience dealing with BB concerning this? Going to march my ass there now but tips/suggestions welcome.

they shipped my game and steelcase separately

LQX

Maybe the game was shipped separately? They shipped mine separately.

LiK

Best Buy used FedEx to get me ME:A today. I was surprised to see a FedEx truck instead of UPS. They shipped the steelbook with UPS and that's coming tomorrow instead. But they got the game out on release. Pretty fast.

Steelbook is separate. Check your online account and you'll see it's a different shipment.

they shipped my game and steelcase separately

Maybe the game was shipped separately? They shipped mine separately.

The steelbook is separate. It does not have the game in it. But this did get a good chuckle out of me.

Kambing

Ahhhh well let's hope that I end up getting the game. For a minute there I thought god damn, first time for everything.

Brandwin

I don’t order a lot online to be shipped from Best Buy, but the few times I have, good experiences, until today…

I ordered a PS4 Pro yesterday morning and paid for overnight shipping. I wanted it shipped to my place of employment as someone would be here to sign and I didn’t want it left at home or them not leave it and I have to wait until Monday. So I kept checking my shipping and it’s on schedule for delivery tomorrow. I check when I wake up this morning and it said it will not be delivered until April 1st, uh oh, my business is completely closed on the weekends, no one is around.

So I contact Best Buy support on Twitter, they are looking into it and confirm it won’t be delivered until tomorrow.

I call FedEx and tell them the issue I am dealing with. They said Best Buy sent ground, not overnight. I cannot change the address only the shipper can, so there goes the idea of changing it to my home address or Best Buy store. They also cannot hold at a hub because of Best Buy restrictions. They also will not leave at work, which is good, but this type of delivery is only done Tuesday-Saturday, so it will not be delivered until Tuesday, more than likely I will be out of town Tuesday, so I will not get my package until Wednesday, almost a full week after I ordered.

I went from being understand, to frustrated. Hopefully I can get Best Buy to change the shipping address, which as of right now, doesn’t seem like they are willing to do.

Darklor01

Ahhhh well let's hope that I end up getting the game. For a minute there I thought god damn, first time for everything.

Nah. The steelbook is a separate item with it's own $20 SKU. I cancelled my pre-order and they still shipped the Steelbook anyway. LOL. Your game will come in its own separate order.

Just to note, I'm still getting most games, accessories, consoles, etc. on pre-order one day early for most items. Love me some Best Buy shipping.

So I ordered Skyrim for PS4 on Friday since it was on sale for $24 and it got here today, two days early. However when it came the spine was crushed, the boxart torn, and the disc loose in the case. The disc was undamaged but I'm pissed. While Horizon and Mass Effect arrived in perfect condition, 1 out of 3 is too much for me. I think I'll stick to store pickup from now on.

sinkfla87

Not trying to necrobump here (only by a month!) but this question goes for everyone who has received their pre-orders early:

What is your location? I live in NW Florida and am praying to God that my copy of Injustice gets here on Monday lol.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
NY and every release has been great except Puyo Puyo Tetris. They shipped it FedEx and they never delivered it or left a slip. Opened a bestbuy chat and after 30 mins of transfers they said I should call FedEx, who wants me to go to the Bronx to pickup the game. Out of principle that's not happening since there are several Bestbuys within walking distance.

Top Bottom