• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Cinematic Sequence and Sound Effects

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Many people still underestimate the experience of video games, which are simple... But currently their development and graphics are equal to or superior to movies.

What scenes or sequences are worthy and that are shown in a cinematographic way? I like the train sequence in Dead Space 2, even the sound effect is like a movie.

Also the Uncharted 4 sequence is cinematic and worthy of a good Dolby sound.

And this sequence of MGS 4

And the last of us 2

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Unpopular answer, I'm sure, but Time Compression at the beginning of disc 4 in Final Fantasy VIII. Damn that was a trip.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Great pixel art.
Great art direction.
Great music.
Great cinematic intro.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I think the chase scene in Uncharted 4 from the OP is the winner. That was one hell of an experience, especially since I went into the game blind and had no idea it was coming.

This will probably be an unpopular opinion, but if you have a good PC and a good VR headset like the Oculus Quest 2, almost every cinematic-ish segment of Halflife Alyx is fantastic. I kept replaying levels in that game just to see some of the scenes again.

k_trout

This will probably be an unpopular opinion, but if you have a good PC and a good VR headset like the Oculus Quest 2, almost every cinematic-ish segment of Halflife Alyx is fantastic. I kept replaying levels in that game just to see some of the scenes again.
ye hl alyx is jaw dropping at times

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Always loved the scene running across the Flavela’s at the end of a level in Modern warfare 2 when you were being chased down and jumping on the choppa

Last edited:
Top Bottom