• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best freeware DVD player for PCs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoi tsuki

My DVD-RW came with WinDVD 4, which has one of the worst DVD interfaces i've ever seen, and the sound is choppy when it plays. VideoLan has beautiful video output, but a nasty interface and the the timeline seeking when using hotkeys is often completely off, jumping chapters when it's only supposed to jump a few seconds. Windows Media Player does the job, but the video output isn't that great, and it's not very configurable. BS Player doesn't even play DVDs, yet.

Is there a solid freeware DVD player out there that has configurable hotkeys, deinterlacing options, and maybe a screen capture option? i'd take two out of three at this point.

Vark

Yea, WMPC should work. 'free' software dvd players are sketchy / hard to come by because your supposed to be paying a fee to the MPAA to decode dvds (why the xbox dvd player isn't included but why the ps2 can use dvd compression on its fmv).

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
I love Media Player Classic. Simple, clean interface, plays everything, and plays it well. You'll even be able to take advantage of 5.1 soundtracks, all in a free program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom