• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best gaming company logos

DOG3NZAKA

Banned
RarewareLogoOld.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZDgguzJvcg

Dat fanfare. DKC2 had the best one. Felt so epic.

Whenever I see that animation, immediately makes me think of Mega Man X4

I know people may not be fond of the name change but this is the current most badass logo.

sqLB5Iq.gif

I love it

SonyToo!™;173560506 said:
Imo the best logos keep it simple and stand out in the box art.

cave_0.jpg

CAVE was a nice logo to see when booting up their arcade shmups.

SEGA, Atlus and Konami (both old and new) are my other faves.

Love these two

baDKAHL.jpg

They have a cool thing going on with their series, different colours for different franchises.

Those are beautiful

wxcTuYv.gif
[/IMG]

This works best with the animation and soundbite.

And these

dmshaposv

Looking at this thread, it seems like people are attached to awfully gaudy 80s/90s graphic design aesthetics when they used overly complex shapes and gradients.

I love naughty dogs games just as much as the next person, but their logo is such a relic of the 90s.

The best logos are nintendo, capcom, playstation 'PS' and sega where the form does the work and you dont need colors,gradients,animations to sell me how identifiable and unique they are.

Herne

psygnosis_1994_x-itj8u9c.gif

Psygnosis

300px-Firebird_Software_Logo.png

Firebird

Telecomsoft-rainbird-software-fair-use-220px.png

Rainbird, a division of the above

Magnetic_Scrolls-logo.jpg

Magnetic Scrolls

300px-Thalamus_Ltd_logo.png

Thalamus

LogoOcean.jpg

Ocean

Code-masters-old-logo.jpg

Codemasters

250px-System3_logo.jpg

System 3

22b543840daad53cc5fb432de09c9260.png

Origin

Spectrum_holobyte.jpeg

Spectrum Holobyte

643513.gif

Interplay

Nominally related to games and gaming -

logo.jpg

3dfx

roccat-logo-black-square.png

Roccat

coldcrush

Neo Member
It seems this thread is largely influenced by nostalgia. Some of these logos (and fonts especially) are ugly.

agreed.... although in general they have at least a little more character and life than the generic new ones that get spat out of adobe illustrator...

One new logo I actually like is the Firesprite (ex sony liverpool wipeout devs) not a huge fan of the font but the logo itself is good
2aTjhwO.jpg

ghibli99

237449-hal_laboratory_logo_large-1-.gif

HAL Labs has a great one.
I've been gaming since the '70s, but today is the first time I've actually stopped to take a look at this logo. I've always just assumed it was some kind of strange furry monster w/ three blank, white eyes. How wrong I was! LOL

As bland and boring looking as all their game

(they need artist in this studio. They are god tier of gameplay but godamn they good look so dull or bad)

Wow. I think Platinums logo looks great, especially when its, you know, platinum. But they have phenomenal artists. Have you seen Bayonetta 2?

Five

Banned
This thread is doing a lot to explain why some companies have terrible logos. Because there are people out there who actually like them, somehow.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Logo summarizes the blue skies, summertime feel of games like Outrun perfectly. Not to mention it almost always means quality:

669px-Am2_palmtree.svg.png

Simple, straightforward design. And one of the most iconic logos in gaming, meant to represent Mt. Fuji.

atari-logo-02.jpg

Always dug both the Nichibutsu owl and the Hudson bee:

nichibutsu_vertical_logo.jpg

80219.jpg

DJ88

I've been gaming since the '70s, but today is the first time I've actually stopped to take a look at this logo. I've always just assumed it was some kind of strange furry monster w/ three blank, white eyes. How wrong I was! LOL

How are multiple people seeing this? Even at first glance you clearly see the dogs face. How is such a huge leap to a face made?

Dex815

ccp-logo-loop_sm.gif

paradox-interactive-logo_530x150.jpg

Valhalla_Game_Studios_logo.jpeg

giphy.gif

dice-logo.png

And Dota 2 and some pro teams have nice logos too.

dota-2-logo-black-2-1024x640.jpg

20130802055417a0djjv6858fwxemh.jpg

Ig_logo.png

w640xh480_z1inqXI6.png

Newbee_logo.png

(That one is ripped from a bubble gum bran but whatever...)

cloud-9-logo.jpg

Logo_NiP54a5a19aa506254adcaeddef49_720x600.png

Top Bottom