• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best GBA card battle game?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I kind of wanted to buy a card battle game for my GBA but there are like a dozen Yu Gi Ohs and some random Mega Man games that I've never even heard of...

I'll be playing vs. the computer so good multiplayer is a non issue. Last one I played on a console was Pokemon GBC and that shit was awesome.

what does GAF suggest?

Yu-Gi-Oh Eternal Duesists Soul is in my opinion not only the best GBA card game, but possibly the best card game overall.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
jon bones said:
I kind of wanted to buy a card battle game for my GBA but there are like a dozen Yu Gi Ohs and some random Mega Man games that I've never even heard of...
If you're talking about the Mega Man Battle Network games, those are hybrid card-battle/action RPGs. Nothing at all like Yu-Gi-Oh. But they also have the best battle system of any RPG ever (especially BN3) so they're worth checking out regardless.

The_Technomancer said:
If you're talking about the Mega Man Battle Network games, those are hybrid card-battle/action RPGs. Nothing at all like Yu-Gi-Oh. But they also have the best battle system of any RPG ever (especially BN3)

Paper Mario 2 says hi.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Vipershark said:
Yu-Gi-Oh Eternal Duesists Soul is in my opinion not only the best GBA card game, but possibly the best card game overall.

any reason i should go for that one and not the most recent one w/ more cards?

udivision said:
Go for the most recent seeming Yu Gi Oh one (the World Tournament Editions).

Seriously, card games FTW.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I thought Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories was pretty good.

MAtgS

The_Technomancer said:
If you're talking about the Mega Man Battle Network games, those are hybrid card-battle/action RPGs. Nothing at all like Yu-Gi-Oh. But they also have the best battle system of any RPG ever (especially BN3) so they're worth checking out regardless.
In that case might as well add the Kingdom Hearts game as well.

Takao

Banned
The newer the Yu-Gi-Oh game, the better. Older games have wonky rules. There are two or three that are like RPGs, specifically The Sacred Cards and Reshef of Destruction. But the worldwide tournament games are cool too.

I also had fun with the Duel Masters games, but only me and 3 other people in the English speaking world cared for the series.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
elohel said:
which system did they re-release that Capcom vs SNK cardfighters clash for?

dats the best

The original Cardfighters Clash never got re-released did it? I thought only the sequel was on DS.

jon bones said:
is the older one really better than the new one?
For me, EDS is the best one because it doesn't include all the rpg elements and stuff, and is just a straight card battler.

While yeah, it goes by older rules and has less cards, the newer games have odd controls and are more story oriented and everything. edit- (Not to mention the card generator system has no prerequisites, allowing you to get an insanely powerful deck right from the beginning, though some might consider that cheating.)

I'm not saying the newer games are bad (they aren't), but the oldest one is the best.

It's sort of hard to explain without actually playing them though.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The_Technomancer said:
Yes, I love the Mega Man Battle Network RPGs. Even 4 and 5 were pretty fun despite being really poor :lol

Top Bottom