• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best live-action Batman suit?

VulcanRaven

Batman has had many suits in movies over the years. Some great and some not. Which are your favorites? My top 3:

Batman Forever sonar suit
EaMq9EhUwAETh3J.jpg

Batman Returns. Its like the 1989 suit but better.
A0448h.jpg

6QqjKWPcyTAnZ45EC8DvRn.jpg

The Batman. I didn't like it at first but it looks very good in the movie
batman1-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

The worst one is probably the blue suit from Batman & Robin.

Marvel14

Banned
Batman has had many suits in movies over the years. Some great and some not. Which are your favorites? My top 3:

EaMq9EhUwAETh3J.jpg

A0448h.jpg

The Batman suit looks like Batman has neck anorexia...blue nipples rule.

Last edited:
The one in The Dark Knight is sexiness and functionality combined to a tee. Unfortunately it makes him look smaller and thus loses much of the intimidation factor.
batman-11.jpg

I would say that the sonar suit from Batman: Forever is overall the best in terms of appearance. Makes him look less intimidating due to the blue, but big without compromising on stylishness. The angular helmet in particular is a standout.

5d27ccf7-046c-45f8-911b-9bdeb2b00ac6.png
4J7LMPqYhWT9CMYuFacrwS-1200-80.jpg

Smokken

Banned
Affleck's BvS suit is just insane. What a beast. 220 pounds of raw muscle.

giphy.gif

2UHY.gif

I'd shit my pants if I saw this turn up in a dark alley somewhere.
You do know the suit is extremely padded, right? Same with Henry Cavill's suit in Superman. Most people think those are actual muscles underneath, it's not. Not that size anyway. Just tossing it out there.

Rockondevil

Live action is easily Affleck and it isn't even close.

Pattinson's is great, but the cowl leaves a bit to be desired for my tastes.
And the rest are all really good too. I'm yet to see one I really dislike.

The George Clooney one with the bat nipples will always be goat!

george-clooney-bat-nipples-batman-and-robin-968669.jpg
I get the joke but you are aware Kilmer's had them first?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Obviously it's the one with the weird nipples

snru85GmgFLSWADMKfhGG3-970-80.jpg.webp

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Its "The Batman" for me.

Its just comic book enough to satisfy my inner 12yr old, but also believable enough that my adult brain doesn't get mad.

SJRB

Gold Member
You do know the suit is extremely padded, right? Same with Henry Cavill's suit in Superman. Most people think those are actual muscles underneath, it's not. Not that size anyway. Just tossing it out there.

That's just not really true.

In fact, there was a DC comic book movie exposition I went to just a few weeks ago. They had among other things the original costumes of all the Batman movies on display and the difference between Affleck's suit and the rest was crazy. Of course it has muscular definition sown in but Affleck towers over all the other Batmen. It is the only suit that doesn't have armor plating all over covering the muscles.

Ben Affleck is a very big dude and he was insanely ripped for BvS. His physical appearance [and struggle to keep it that way during filming] is well documented.

Same goes for Henry Cavill. I will never understand why they added so much [clearly] fake muscular definition in the BvS suit.

WOuoJww.png

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day

EaMq9EhUwAETh3J.jpg

A0448h.jpg

The very first suit in this thread is shit.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Depends on the kind of Batman you like.

If you swing more towards a grounded take, which treats the character seriously as something that *could* exist, then you have to go with either Pattinson's suit or The Dark Knight one. They are the only two that are built with practicality in mind.

If you want the more fantastical, unrealistic, 'comic book' version of Batman, then it's either Batman Returns or Batfleck.

Personally, my favourite is the one from Batman Begins, because it's my favourite Batman film, but Pattinson's is pretty fucking brilliant too. I think with a few alterations for the sequel that show how he's developed and gained more experience, it will easily be the best of the bunch.

kuncol02

Banned
I wonder why they still used fake muscles. Even more in later movies. You can even see the metallic color muscle suit throught the material:
JL-Superman.jpg

Actually I never had problem with the nipples. The black suit from Batman Forever looks great.
It's not fake muscles. It's armour in shape of muscles. It's node to ancient greek armours. Nipples on Batman suite also has samesource actually.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_cuirass#/media/File:Greek_bronze_panoply_in_RMO_AvL.JPG

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
I wonder why they still used fake muscles. Even more in later movies. You can even see the metallic color muscle suit throught the material:
JL-Superman.jpg

Actually I never had problem with the nipples. The black suit from Batman Forever looks great.
They really have no choice if they are trying to replicate the comic book "painted over flesh" look. Unless they vacuum seal the suit over the actor or just make the suit thin cotton and always keep it wet, there is no way to show the hyperdefinition through the kind of textured costume popular today. Women can get away with latex or leather with little definition because no one is expecting these actresses to have anything other than slimness, maybe some breast or butt implants. Can't even remember the last time an actress with actual abs, triceps, glutes, and quads got cast as a superhero.

Plus the suits need some padding for the stuntmen, and those guys gotta actually work for a living so they can't keep that 3% bodyfat and still have the energy for stunts.

Top Bottom