• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Movie Soundtracks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven, 1492, Last of the Mohicans, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings

Hans Zimmer always delivers solid work.

His soundtrack of The Dark Knight and The Lion King were also great.

HylianTom

Banned
If we're going for a soundtrack: O Brother, Where Art Thou?
91CwJ2UARIL._SL1500_.jpg

===

If we're going for a score: Metropolis

vityaz

Years ago I imported the Oldboy and A Bittersweet Life soundtracks, probably the best ones I know of still. Really, really great tracks.

Bladerunner is pretty damn good, as well as the Under the Skin soundtrack.. real creepy.

Most by Bruno Nicolai, Ennio Morricone and Stelvio Cipriani.

Fret

Too bad it sounded like shit during the actual film due to horrible sound mixing. Seriously, they bastardized it; what were they thinking?

Nope, the movie sounds awesome with a good sound system. Sounds literally the exact same as any other movie really, maybe with slightly louder music

I'm a big fan of Clint Mansell. My favorite of his are either Noah or Stoker.

Intersteller is incredible.

Anything by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross.

Johnny Greenwood did great work on There Will Be Blood and The Master.

I'm currently listening to the It Follows soundtrack. I haven't seen the movie yet but I'm really digging the soundtrack.

Honestly I can't really choose a favorite :)

Hans Zimmer: The everything.

Harry Gregson-Williams: We all love him from his work on Metal Gear Solid, but Kingdom of Heaven, and Man on Fire are his best. Seriously. Watch the ending sequence to Man on Fire. That music...

Joe Hisashi with Princess Mononoke, Geinō Yamashirogumi with Akira (Kaneda is an amazing powerful song; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af5r8ONtacw ) and Kenji Kawai for Ghost in the Shell, probably tops it for anime soundtracks for me. They sound like nothing else, and if I had to give some anime movie soundtracks to people who had no seen the film, it would be these because the music is so interesting musically that they stand on their own.
A lot of movies have great scores, but fit the film the best, not as a stand alone.

Lord of the Rings has some great tracks. Bridge over Kazadum is one for the ages. It's why it's used in anything. Masterfully used in that Superman trailer.

Star Wars (The entire damn saga)
Indiana Jones
Jaws
Superman
Conan the Barbarian
The Lion King
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Beauty and the Beast
Mulan
Aladdin
Pocahontas
The Little Mermaid
Blade Runner
The Terminator
Escape From New York
The Guest
Drive
Guardians of the Galaxy
Batman (1989)
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Batman Begins
Tron: Legacy
Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Back Pearl
Spider-Man 2
The Prince of Egypt

I'll probably get a lot of flak for this but I really enjoyed the soundtracks for all four Transformers movies. They are really cool and epic in my opinion.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
MI0002523547.jpg

"Uptown Anthem" – 3:03 (Naughty by Nature)
"Juice (Know the Ledge)" – 4:00 (Eric B. & Rakim)
"Is It Good to You" – 4:17 (Teddy Riley & Tammy Lucas)
"Sex, Money & Murder" – 2:49 (MC Pooh)
"Nuff Respect" – 2:57 (Big Daddy Kane)
"So You Want to Be a Gangster" – 4:05 (Too Short)
"It's Going Down" – 4:12 (EPMD)
"Don't Be Afraid" – 5:18 (Aaron Hall)
"He's Gamin' on Ya'" – 3:35 (Salt-n-Pepa)
"Shoot 'Em Up" – 3:38 (Cypress Hill)
"Flipside" – 4:24 (Juvenile Committee)
"What Could Be Better Bitch" – 3:01 (Son of Bazerk)
"Does Your Man Know About Me" – 5:11 (Rahiem)
"People Get Ready" – 4:00 (Brand New Heavies & N'Dea Davenport)

As much as I love the soundtrack to some of its movie contemporaries like Boyz and Menace, Juice's soundtrack blows them out the fucking water.

Interstellar's soundtrack really makes me feel like I am going to save the world (wish the movie was as good as soundtrack). If you are into techno music, Tron: Legacy is pretty rad.

If you have an obsession of Phil Collins, Tarzan's soundtrack can do no wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom