• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best music to play Geometry Wars to...

Jonnyram

aaaaa0 said:
Burly Brawl from the Matrix Reloaded. INTENSE.

Any other suggestions?
Oh, that's a good suggestion.
I've been listening to Eri Nobuchika's LP while I play recently... I tend to hit my peak when "Lights" is playing.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
aerofx said:
I didn't even think about playing my own song. I thought the default music is quite good.

It's good for the context of the game, but I find I can get into the groove much better listening to my own tunes.

Mr Jared

Queen - "Dont Stop Me Now"
Electric Six - "Gay Bar"
Bloc Party - "Luno"

Three songs that always seem to pop up while Im playing GW.

Dave Long

Banned
The best part of the game is when the black holes suck in everything including the sound. So really, the music doesn't matter so much. :)

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Good choice (Bruly Brawl).

I've been using most of The Prodigy's discography. Mainly the early stuff and some selections from the new ones.

I'm yet to try any Orbital. I'd like to try Slayer and Ice T's 'Disorder' from the Judgement Night soundtrack. That track f'in RULES.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Sl1p said:
Queen - "Dont Stop Me Now"

You utter fucking genius. I'm going to put that on right away.

I wonder if Monkey Wrench by Foo Fighters will work well? Hmmm...

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I know I'm going to get laughed at for this one but after randomly going through my playlist I found that Daft Pink - Harder Better Faster Stronger actually worked pretty well for me. Aside from that I like to put some Karsh Kale, Crystal Method, Jurrasic 5, some random Depeche Mode to calm my nerves when it gets crazy, and some Snoopdroop for the classic chip music synth synch.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Eggo said:
Dopey, is there a place I can listen to this without registering?

afaik you can listen hi and low version without registering

but you have to sign up to download. i can't host on my computer like i used to because my new router is an asshole and wont let me do what i did before :(

if anyone wants to host/or wants me to send it give me a shout on msn: mikehendy@hotmail.com or aim: inserenex and i'll send it

Dr_Cogent

Banned
B000065DTE.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
i dont own a 360 (i know, shock) but if i did own one i would put on something whimsical and classical. Maybe something from the napple tale soundtrack.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Fight for Freeform said:
I think this is an awesome idea. The song is great for the game too, good job!

If someone can make a MIDI of the song, we can have a GAF remix thingy going on. I could probably make the MIDI...I just don't have enough time. :(

oh shit!

well i could make the midi it will take me a while

ghibli99

First song that came to mind when I started playing this was:

New Order - Confusion (Pump Panel Reconstruction Mix)

Gets the heart pumping and puts you in a zen-like trance when you play.

First half of The Chemical Brothers' album Exit Planet Dust (everything from Leave Home through Chemical Beats) does the trick, too.

I've got around 15 playlists and I mostly listen to my old Motown list during Geometry Wars. Of course I suck complete ass at it so maybe that's my problem. Marvin Gaye FTL!

Top Bottom