• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Ninja in gaming?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
this thread need more Onimusha's Ninjas love

Kaede - Onimusha 1
2478562234_0e0355d439_o.jpg

Fuma kotaro - Onimusha 2
3389059.jpg

samanosuke as a Ninja - Onimusha 3 intro
2477457139_052af52fde_o.png

Akane 'Jubei' Yagyu -Onimusha dawn of dream
onimushadawnart13_2.jpg

DKnight said:
Turtles with fangs? meh

Since they evolved into humanoid forms, I don't really see the problem with the possibility that their canines took a more human shape as well.

They eat all sorts of stuff, including pizza, instead of normal turtles.

What the--- why are we discussing this? lol

BeeDog said:
You all fail with your japanese mumbo-jumbo:

Lo_Wang.gif

Who wants some Wang!?
This guy!

Just look at these quotes, he's an absolute gold mine.

[after slicing a guy up with his sword] You have a split personality.
[to naked lady] Are those real tits?
[to naked lady] Do you want to wash Wang or do you want to watch Wang wash Wang?
[after using Ripper Heart] Two wangs are better than one.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Kittonwy said:
Teh Sony Ninjas of course, protecting those NDAs with their lives.
angry.gif
I've come to the conclusion that you'd rather play with dynamite on I-95 instead of purchasing an Xbox 360...

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Spike Spiegel said:
Oh my god, YES!!! Ryu who? Batman will kick his ass! But he's a comic book character so I don't know if he qualifies.

Gorechylde said:
Gonna have to go with Gray fox, followed by Hotsuma.

I have high hopes for Cyborg Raiden though.
I agree, and so do I!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
i wuv ninja games i wuv this thread

Kage-ss-1.jpg

also

79670_chracters.jpg

Goh , Zaji and Kinu of Shinobido: Imashime ( shame that there is no US ver )

Shinobido5.jpg

..Aska -Cool Girl (Cy Girls) PS2
ps2_cy_girls_04.jpg

and yeah ..Aya Ueto :lol i mean Azumi PS2 (the game is not based on the movie :( but i wuv Aya's legs in that movie )

16qp.jpg

1_2007-6-21-14-00-19375.jpg

Totobeni said:

Finally. It's weird that people were quoting Tenchu in this thread but no one was bringing up Shinobido, a game made by the same people which is probably the best game about a ninja out there.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
chicken_ramen said:
Finally. It's weird that people were quoting Tenchu in this thread but no one was bringing up Shinobido, a game made by the same people which is probably the best game about a ninja out there.

yeah Shinobido was the real successor of Tenchu ( Tenchu went to hell with FromCarpware after Acquire era ) , but well don't blame them , Shinobido was never released in NA ya know , blame SCEA for not for not publishing most awesome Ninja game for PS2 in NA .

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Jigsaw said:
Wow, just seeing this one gif makes me wanna play Tenchu again :D

The-Switcher said:
Ever see Batman Begins?

Yeah.
Did you just answer the question yourself? I did see it, but that doesn't make him a ninja. The fact that he's trained by a ninja (sort of), then kills all the ninjas, then fights in the shadows like a ninja doesn't make him a ninja. He's Batman!

I agree that the Turtles are a bad choice too, as they are completely naked, save for the one place a real ninja normally leaves uncovered... in terms of attire and attitude, you might classify them as distinctly anti-ninja, even.

Edit: Oh come now, how is 'The Spy' a ninja? That's absurd.

Mamesj

Banned
All these ninja are nice and honorable attempts at the crown, but it's Ryu Hayabusa, hands down.

I've posted something like this before, but just as a reminder-- no other ninja does all this in one game:
--dies, then gets reincarnated for revenge (Ryu is technically an undead zombie ninja.)
--takes down a blimp
--slides down power lines on his wrists
--destroys an entire army, soldiers, helicopters, tanks and all
--destroys an entire army of demons from hell, from lesser fiends to full grown dragons to the devil himself
--ghost rides a train into another train

and fuck, I don't feel like posting the whole list, but you get the idea.

MGrant said:

a spy isn't a ninja. If you realllllly stretch it, a spy is a western version of a ninja, but even then, it doesn't quite work.

Jigsaw

Banned
Darkpen said:
more footage/gifs? @_@

sure ^^ (56k am die)

ive recorded pretty much all of the stealth kills from tenchu 3,im too lazy now to convert them all though....best i upload the compilation on youtube

nevertheless,here are some cool more ^_______^

rikimaruleft.gif

rikimarubehind.gif

ayamediagonal.gif

the kills from tenchu 2 were pretty cool too

tatsumaruright.gif

too sad the newer games dont feature any decapitations

Finaika

Frank Goldfinger from Shadow Hearts: From the New World! This American ninja wannabe with a weird accent, unique ninja costume with a dangling ball of light on his head & giant demon head on his stomach, innovative way of creating weapons by adding a hilt to saws, cactus's etc is just plain eccentric & awesome.

pg12.jpg

sh311.jpg

Yes, that's a swordfish he uses as his katana.

Monocle

Sin said:
Yoshipic1.jpg

Space Ninja!
There's my main man. Thread over.

Edit: And the runner up is...

jgiazb.jpg

Just look at that awesome costume. Get down with your bad self, Scorpion. Hell yeah.

The-Switcher said:
Anyone ever play this? I just remember the ad from an old-ass issue of Ultra GamePlayers.

ninja_shadow_of_darkness-front.jpg
I had forgotten about that game, but thanks to you the nightmares will be back. The horror...

Top Bottom