• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Nintendo GC games?

Easy_G

I'd really like to expand upon it further, but there's too much info. Read this post to see how much freaking stuff there is: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=42749

EDIT: note that none of these moves are required to beat the singleplayer game and that probably 90% of SSBM players don't even know they exist (i'm sure plenty of people here on GAF know, but just find some random people that enjoy SSBM and they probably don't know).

Cdammen

Easy_G said:
Or check out these videos (same as in the link above, there are three parts so far): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n4s5yB7ZkE
Thanks for the link! Some of these techniques may come in handy against my friends :D

*taking notes*

(EDIT) And... Donkey Kong Jungle Beat! This platformer needs another mention!

dk-jungle-beat-20041122041010583.jpg
dk-jungle-beat-20041122041007083.jpg

dk-jungle-beat-20041122041010020.jpg
dk-jungle-beat-20041122041007817.jpg

Mr Jared

Pokemonchannelbox.jpg

Believe.

No, I'm serious. Believe. If you like Pokemon. . You know. . A lot. . This game is rad. It's also one of like, 5 games I owned for GC.

Yeah. I wasn't a fan of the GC. But Pokemon Channel was ****ing awesome.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Amir0x said:
F-Zero GX
Pikmin 2
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
Metroid Prime
Super Mario Sunshine
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
What he said. I'd like to add: Metroid Prime 2, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Pikmin 1, Mario Kart Double Dash

AniHawk

My personal list:

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Pikmin 2
Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Resident Evil 4

Super Mario Sunshine was fun. So were a lot of other games like Pikmin and Chibi-Robo (which became more awesome than expected).

But a lot of games disappointed, and I'm sorry to say this will be my last Nintendo console.

ShinNL

I'll add a counter list, because I'm seeing games mentioned which in my opinion don't deserve the title 'best of nintendo gc games'.

Not the best Nintendo GC games:
Super Mario Sunshine
Pikmin 1
Wave Race
Metroid Prime 2 *
1080 Avalance
Animal Crossing *
Chibi-Robo *
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Ikaruga
Super Monkey Ball (1 & 2)
Beyond Good and Evil
MGS:TTS *
Skies of Arcadia Legends *
Mario Golf
Luigi's Mansion (what the hell?)
Mario Power Tennis
Baten Kaitos *
PN 03
Lost Kingdoms (1 & 2)
Tales of Symphonia
Cubivore
Pokémon Channel
Resident Evil 0 *
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader

* might be, depending if you like this type of game

The rest of the games mentioned in this thread are approved by me as Best of Nintendo GC. (except that Game Critics list)

I play all my games for 2 hours.
^ just a fact you might want to take with you ¬_¬

ilCuore

Without order:

- F-Zero GX
- Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
- Resident Evil 4
- Skies of Arcadia
- Zelda Wind Waker
- Fire Emblem
- Killer 7
- Resident Evil Remake
- Super Mario Sunshine
- Metroid Prime
- PN03
- Pikmin 2

daemonic

Banned
My personal top 10 (in no particular order) which is basically the same as everyone elses lists.. I should mention that I've yet to play Fire Emblem, but from what I hear it's pretty damn good.

Legend of Zelda: WW
F-Zero GX
Eternal Darkness
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Pikmin 2
Super Mario Sunshine
Paper Mario: TTYD
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
@sonnet: I hope you enlisted Monkey Ball 1 only because it's by Sega and not, because you think it isn't good enough to be considered amongst the best. Overall, imo your list of games not worth considering amongst the best sucks ^^.

ShinNL

Yoshi said:
@sonnet: I hope you enlisted Monkey Ball 1 only because it's by Sega and not, because you think it isn't good enough to be considered amongst the best. Overall, imo your list of games not worth considering amongst the best sucks ^^.
I mentioned other non-Nintendo games in my list as well, so the reason why that was in my list was because it's not a good game.

I really didn't like the game. It was one of the launch titles so that was one of the few games that I played quite a lot (because there was not much else to do), but it was never really that much fun as critics said. My friends didn't really love-love it either. It was just... playable. People were praising that target game but I didn't see anything in that. How was that fun? And I tried... :(

Overrated, it's a niche game. There are plenty of people who don't think it's one of the best, so suggesting it to everyone as 'buy it, it's very unlikely you'll not love it', is a lie~.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Why is there not much mentioning of monkeys in this thread?

Super monkey ball 1. Own it and love it, then hate it when you can't beat expert 7 for weeks. then love it when you can beat it everytime. Then go mad trying to unlock the expert levels. Then cry trying to unlock the master levels.

I would say you need

Supermonkeyball
Resident Evil 4 (holy shit)
metroid prime 1 (damn good)
pikmin 2. (I had to sell my GC before totally finishing it which makes me sad )

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. WindWaker
2. Eternal Darkness
3. Soul Calibur 2
4. SSX series
5. Super Smash Brothers Melee

Not necessarily in that order. I never played RE4. And check out Super Mario Sunshine if only to know how much the Wii has to improve Galaxy to save the series, unless they release a full screen NSMB for the wii.

daemonic

Banned
catfish said:
Why is there not much mentioning of monkeys in this thread?

Super monkey ball 1. Own it and love it, then hate it when you can't beat expert 7 for weeks. then love it when you can beat it everytime. Then go mad trying to unlock the expert levels. Then cry trying to unlock the master levels.

I would say you need

Supermonkeyball
Resident Evil 4 (holy shit)
metroid prime 1 (damn good)
pikmin 2. (I had to sell my GC before totally finishing it which makes me sad )

I thought he was referring to first party titles only. My list would be pretty different otherwise.

Top Bottom