• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Ps2 RPGs?

ferricide

Doom_Bringer said:
I think they are both really good! :\
i like suikoden III, but its gameplay is not so hot. to say the very least. i think the only thing that got me through (most of) that game was my suikoden II luv.

pilonv1

It says a lot about the awesome Grandia 2 battle system that I didn't really care too much about the weird ass storyline. And another +1 for Disgaea.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Final Fantasy X
Kingdom Hearts
Xenosaga

Stay away from Dark Cloud. It sucked so bad I'm not considering even playing 2 no matter what anyone says. Yes, it sucks that bad.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Dragon Quest V

Dragon Quest V

Dragon Quest V

Dragon Quest V

Dragon Quest V

Dragon Quest V

Dragon Quest V

Dragon Quest V

Dragon Quest V

Dragon Quest V

Dragon Quest V

Dragon Quest V

Dragon Quest V

Dragon Quest V

Dragon Quest V

Dragon Quest V

B0000D0Y5Y.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

MoxManiac

It says a lot about the awesome Grandia 2 battle system that I didn't really care too much about the weird ass storyline. And another +1 for Disgaea.

Have you tried Grandia Xtreme? It too has a shitty story, but the battle system is even deeper and sexier, with more indepth character customization and better challenge. It's worth checking out if Grandia's battle system can carry a game to you.

shibbs

hmm, i hearing lots of positive reactions on DQ. I thought it was just an average RPG. That good huh?
And what about Dark cloud 2, hows that?

Che said:
Is DQ V gonna be out in the US? Release date?

None yet. :(

It is clearly the best, most generally acceptable RPG on the PS2, though. I enjoyed FFX, but Dragon Quest V is on its own level of fun.

Crazymoogle said:
None yet. :(

It is clearly the best, most generally acceptable RPG on the PS2, though. I enjoyed FFX, but Dragon Quest V is on its own level of fun.

Indeed, too bad that SQuare-Enix has no plans for a US release right now. Still DQ8 isn't that far off (atleast I hope not).

IgeL

I hope you don't flame me, but: What are the best PS2 RPGs that can be completed within 20 hours or less? Anything goes (except FFX, which should exceed 20 hours anyway).

ferricide

IgeL said:
I hope you don't flame me, but: What are the best PS2 RPGs that can be completed within 20 hours or less? Anything goes (except FFX, which should exceed 20 hours anyway).
breath of fire V. shadow hearts. that's it for good ones. i guess you could play one of the .hack chapters in that time, as well, but you won't get the whole story.

jarrod

Banned
Dual Hearts is decent little Zelda clone from the makers of Alundra. Better mechanics than Kingdom Hearts and better dungeons than Dark Cloud 2 make it the best ARPG on PS2 right now imo... keep an eye out for Ys VI, Musashi and (especially) Chulip in the coming months also.

Top Bottom