• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Saint Seiya (Knights of Zodiac) armors?

Fj0823

The Saint Seiya franchise is all about the cloths, there's some really great ones, and some straight dumb shit

So, which ones are your absolute favorites?

For me:

Anime Pegasus V1

7061923bdf7a716a7003907c4d21b067--pegasus-seiya-anime-saint.jpg

Loved the full helmets and I'm still salty they went away.

Omega Pegasus

Dunno, feels like a nice marriage of Gold and Myth cloth designs

Libra (Any Version)

My sign got the coolest shit ever, great design, 12 weapons, and every single version of the Libra Cloth looks badass. Best Gold for sure

Now for the worst...this "armor"

Great protection right there...

Platy

Fenrir black wolf

Also the fox steel one deserves a mention considering how shitty the character is

The aquarius gold cloth in the anime was pretty badass. But in the 3d movie it's weird as fuck. I can only accept this if the dumb little vase thing on his shoulder is an auto tracking cannon like a predator.
BlN3kjxCYAAGysD.jpg

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The OG anime bronze armors are the best, especially Shun's. Everything after that has way too much clutter.

L Thammy

u shoukd watch all his other anime. they all have the same characters.

I tried reading the manga, so I didn't even have colour to save me.

Then I see Saint Seiya stuff where everyone's wearing gold and I'm like, man, you have to be doing this on purpose.

Fj0823

The new Equuleus also has boob armor

386a55588cb46a69185b0ad572b87803.png

I love how TOEI keeps doing it's best to bullshit around Kurumadas ridiculously sexist Mask Law for female Saints yet insists on boob armor

keuja

Cancer Saint. The design is quite unique. Too bad the guy is an asshole.
Cancer Saint redeemed a 100 fold in Lost Canvas though

latest

I once had the action figure for six legged horse armor. No idea the name of the character. I remember liking it back then but I totally forgot what it looks like. It's not from the first season of Seiya where they fight gold saints. I think.

Anyone know which saint is that?

keuja

I once had the action figure for six legged horse armor. No idea the name of the character. I remember liking it back then but I totally forgot what it looks like. It's not from the first season of Seiya where they fight gold saints. I think.

Anyone know which saint is that?

Beta Hagen.

Merak-Beta-H%C3%A4gen.jpg

I'd say Libra and Virgo for me. I've been watching the original series and have been contemplating picking up the manga at some point.

Soul Beat

The Saint Seiya franchise is all about the cloths, there's some really great ones, and some straight dumb shit

So, which ones are your absolute favorites?

For me:

Anime Pegasus V1

Loved the full helmets and I'm still salty they went away.
You a good man, OP.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So how many shows does Saint Seiya have and more importantly, which ones are part of the original cannon and which ones are remakes/reboots/retelling whatever.

And by original cannon I mean this:

gmdvx8.gif

i only watched the original anime and my favorite armors were shiryu's original dragon armor (pre asgard) and gemini's armor with the helmet on and dark face.

Fj0823

So how many shows does Saint Seiya have and more importantly, which ones are part of the original cannon and which ones are remakes/reboots/retelling whatever.

And by original cannon I mean this:

gmdvx8.gif

Only the original show is canon.

The canon sequel Next Dimmension is probably never getting adapted
cause it sucks ass and you get 1 chapter every 10 years

The latest shows, Omega and Saintia Sho are spinoffs that respect the events in the original show but have different tones. Omega is more kid friendly while Sho is all Shoujo-y

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is the original anywhere legally?

Sagittarius

b2XgDck.png

IHc9B8p.png

I must confess to really liking the design of it as worn by Seiya in Omega. Partially because he's just got this awesome cravat thing going on:
Sagittarius_Seiya_ch02.jpg

But much as I like the early Omega designs in general (the latter half gets way too fixated on oversized crystals), I do admit they all fall along a similarly sleek approach. Gotta look to the classics for some distinction. In which case, I'll second the Libra vote.

Libra_Cloth.jpg

It's a brilliantly asymmetrical design that most feels like a warrior's armour in the whole lineup. I really like the cloths that have some implicit function in the design, rather than just being pretty armour solely worn for the power boost. It's why the Dragon cloth is among my favourite of the bronzes, because it's at least got the shield.

Alx

I mostly know the serie from watching the original anime as a kid, so I'll be partial to early characters.
I guess my favourite design-wise was Cygnus, elegant and not too fancy (despite having a bird head on top of it )

But I liked Shiryu as a character, and his "unbreakable (lol) armor/shield" made his cloth more special.

Anteater

For bronze I love the first version of phoenix in the anime

2eYyvj8.jpg

for gold i love virgo but most of them were good

PKBlU4N.jpg

I don't remember most of the silver cloths lol

Top Bottom