• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda releases E3 invite, teases two new unveils (that are not the IPs shown)

What do you think Bethesda is announcing (see the two "Under Construction" areas)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I still think we're going to get a teaser for ESVI sooner than later. I know technically it's an IP featured in the photo, but that's clearly ESO. And one of the construction sites happens to be right next to it. Just a guess though.

The next game from BGS is a new IP. I agree that ESVI is certainly in development but it's very early. I don't think we see ESVI until next gen

ekurisona

any chance bethesda would try to get a piece of the gta pie by making a contemporary open world game with a new ip?

any chance for a fallout online?

The next game from BGS is a new IP. I agree that ESVI is certainly in development but it's very early. I don't think we see ESVI until next gen
tumblr_nx8vnmJb8j1ql5yr7o2_400.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Would love to see Dishonored 2 DLC. Arkane's work with The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches was sublime.

Definitely pumped for Wolfenstein. Very interested to see if Machine Games can follow up The New Order and The Old Blood in quality. Both were great (the former excellent), reminiscent of Half-Life style first person shooter game design. The New Order scratched an itch that had lingered since Episode 2. Fingers crossed they're not upsetting the apple cart too much.

Van Bur3n

Something from BGS or bust. I find myself just simply not caring about anything Bethesda publishes outside of their own developer.

I'm quite interested in seeing a new IP from BGS, considering they've talked about working on multiple other projects outside of the same old TES and Fallout. Definitely looking forward to seeing something different from them.

That middle is Fallout land. Look closer. The wanderer and dog are there, the buildings looks like Concord, and the gas station's there. I assume the GOTY edition of Fallout will be announced.

I noticed that but I thought it was strange since the map is clearly based on Disneyland (right down to the "pardon our dust" signs) and at Disneyland that would be the hub and Main Street Area but I guess they couldn't fit Fallout anywhere else and just squeezed it in the front/center.

schaft0620

The only thing that I thought might be a hot take for Bethesda is a 15 year anniversary re-release of Morrowind. They have remade the ground up already for ESO why not just copy the assets over to an already running Skyrim on PS4/Xbox.

If they do make a new Doom, I sincerely hope they don't call it Doom 2. That game already came out in 1994.

Of course, I guess they can't exactly call it Doom 5 now, either...

Nothing pointing to a character from Wolfie, Evil Within or something sci-fi which would be Starfield. But naturally they don't want to give the surprises away.

People on the Vive subreddit have been saying there's rumors that Skyrim is going to get a VR release like Fallout 4. No idea how reputable it is, but i'd love to see Skyrim VR. It's the same engine as F4 too so the work porting that to VR would carry over somewhat.

Considering the locations of the under construction sections look like extensions of their neighboring games and releasing timing would match up. I'm betting The Elder Scrolls VI and Wolfenstein II.

Guy.brush

WOLFENSTEIN: NEW COLOSSUS

set in the US, fighting against a Vichy regime style illegitimate US president who surrounds himself with real Nazis.

mas8705

Honestly feels like a new IP is right around the corner. I could also see the Evil Within sequel too, but I'll bank on the new IP to try and take the show by storm.

Considering the locations of the under construction sections look like extensions of their neighboring games and releasing timing would match up. I'm betting The Elder Scrolls VI and Wolfenstein II.

If the year was 2020 or so, sure. For TES VI that is.

Honestly feels like a new IP is right around the corner. I could also see the Evil Within sequel too, but I'll bank on the new IP to try and take the show by storm.

That would be great. Bethesda has had two fine shows now in my opinion. With especially 2015 being fantastic because of Fallout 4 and how they presented the show and last year was nice with Dishonored 2.

Considering Fallout 4 came out a year and a half ago, I could totally see a teaser of some kind.

I'm not sure how much clearer they can be that ES isn't in development right now. Pete Hines bluntly said it's not being worked on as recently as Oct, and he's said that multiple times. Not a coy, no comment or stay tuned, but very blunt, it's not in development, and that two different games the size of Fallout 4 would release before ES6. Earliest to see it is 2021, if they release a game this year. More likely 2022 or 2023.

MattyG

Banned
I'm not sure how much clearer they can be that ES isn't in development right now. Pete Hines bluntly said it's not being worked on as recently as Oct, and he's said that multiple times. Not a coy, no comment or stay tuned, but very blunt, it's not in development, and that two different games the size of Fallout 4 would release before ES6. Earliest to see it is 2021, if they release a game this year. More likely 2022 or 2023.
Yeahhhh, as much as I want to say they're being coy, my experience with Fallout 4 was that it's best to not assume. It's gonna be a bit, folks. Todd has said that the tech for what they want to do isn't available yet, so I'm betting we won't see it until the beginning of next gen at the earliest.

120v

ES6 is obviously "in development" at this point, if you want to get into semantics. unless we're talking a 2025 release or something there has to be some pretty intensive pre-production going on

that said it's still years and years away

Judging from the theme of the artwork and how even games who aren't getting sequels at the event are part of it, it seems these are new additions to Bethesda's catalogue; so maybe two new IPs at E3?

ES6 is obviously "in development" at this point, if you want to get into semantics. unless we're talking a 2025 release or something there has to be some pretty intensive pre-production going on

that said it's still years and years away
Real talk when does Bethesda drop gamebryo (I know I know modding support, they've used it for literally a decade and probably a myriad of other reasons) but it feels dated enough that I actively felt the age of the engine will playing fallout 4 with all the jank animations and buggy shit

Nemesis_

Dishonoured 2 DLC but as a standalone like Uncharted 4. I figure it'll focus on Daud or Megan. Those characters seem ripe to be fleshed out even more.

Wolfenstein and Evil Within are pretty much a given at this point. So those too.

dr_rus

If we go from the artwork then the one on top between Prey (space sci-fi sim) and Skyrim (BGS RPG) would be Starfield. The one on the right, below Doom and Quake, would be Wolfenstein.

I really really hope that Starfield won't be a F2P title.

ViciousDS

Banned
Wolf:TNC
TEW2

are the most logical.

left field....Rage 2

omg, I totally forgot about Rage.....I could definitely see an amazing jump from the first one to now.....Rage is still one of the best looking games I've ever seen on the last generation of hardware. They could really do a lot with that title.

A sequel was planned by the developer after the game's release, but was cancelled in 2012 in favor of focusing on Doom. (This does not mean that development has been entirely abandoned, however.

HM.................maybe its not that farfetched after all

takriel

I can see TES VI being 2023 with a 2022 reveal. So 5 more years. Next year will be reveal of new IP 1, 2020 reveal of new IP 2, and then comes TES.

Top Bottom