• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda releases E3 invite, teases two new unveils (that are not the IPs shown)

What do you think Bethesda is announcing (see the two "Under Construction" areas)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gamespot: Check Out Bethesda's E3 Showcase Invite, Which May Tease Two Announcements

F0eYWDJ.jpg

Two new announcements then, it seems.

Is it weird that with this art syle I thought the DOOM region was Samurai Jack?

Pardon Our Dust is a common construction area sign, so it's a double meaning at best but unlikely to mean anything more than the Coming Soon signs.

kevin1025

Banned
I really, really wish we could get a DOOM standalone kind of like The Old Blood. That would be so good!

Either way, I'm excited to see what Bethesda has. I'm a few hours into Prey and loving the hell out of it.

ES6 is obviously "in development" at this point, if you want to get into semantics. unless we're talking a 2025 release or something there has to be some pretty intensive pre-production going on

that said it's still years and years away

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think obviously ES6 has been through some preproduction since Skyrim released. I think they have a general outline pf what they want to do, but I don't think anyone at BGS is currently working on it.

Honestly, DOOM 2 wouldn't be difficult to get out by the end of next year. You repeat a lot of what made DOOM great in 2016, new levels, and slightly better/more realized story and you're good to go. We just love the soundtrack and gameplay most. Engine is perfect...can't go wrong.

The Evil Within is on sale for Midweek Madness on Steam. Could mean something or nothing at all. Gearing everyone for the sequel announcement on Sunday?

Tareskog

Nine Inch Nails just posted the Quake OST on vinyl, not for sale yet.

If this is something for a new Quake game I'm buying that game.

https://store.nin.com/collections/music/products/quake-ost-1xlp

Oh holy fuck this would be so amazing. I was kinda disappointed with Quake Champions after the fantastic release of Doom last year. A new, or even a remake of one of my favorite fps, would really have me jumping in my chair. Fingers crossed for a new Quake game rather than a remake though.

Starfield

Not sure if it's real or not so for now I will just post it here:

iih4TfG.jpg

seems more like some guy did this in order to get attention on the internet

edit: more

34k3povx022z.jpg

Because from what I've seen on Gaf there's a pretty reputable source that it's a freemium game.

That is my biggest fear as well (due to gaf postings). Charge me $100 but make it a game with no microtransactions! or just cosmetic but I dont see how that would work for a single player game.

Not sure if it's real or not so for now I will just post it here:

seems more like some guy did this in order to get attention on the internet

Yes, If they release anything it will have a date, not 2017. I'm not really expecting it this year now, if they were going to do that I think they would have announced it by now, like they did with Fallout 4. To get the preorder pages up, and the boxes on shelves.

Neiteio

I'm still most hyped for Nintendo's showing (Odyssey has "GOAT" written all over it).

But MAN.

A possible Evil Within 2 and DOOM 2 seriously has me stoked.

Trying to check my expectations.

MattyG

Banned
I'm still most hyped for Nintendo's showing (Odyssey has "GOAT" written all over it).

But MAN.

A possible Evil Within 2 and DOOM 2 seriously has me stoked.

Trying to check my expectations.
Check them good, Doom 2 will absolutely not be there.

Sup with Doom 3?

TR was hired to do the OST and sound design for Doom 3.
IIRC there was some falling out (while officially TR just didn't have enough time), leading to everything TR has done being stripped out of the game.
There's even mod packs reintroducing the beta's sound files back into the final game.
Pretty much the only way to play it, since the final sound effects suck. That gimped pistol sound, argh.

Breakaway

RAGE 2 would be awesome... I'd really like to see id revisit that franchise, but I'm guessing Wolfenstein is more likely.

I've been playing ESO for the last month or so and it's really making me want TES6. I know it's not going to be announced, but it's all I really want.

Top Bottom