• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beverly Hills Cop (4): Axel F. first teaser (Netflix)

jason10mm

Gold Member
Seems more action oriented, and hopefully the comedy is situational thus not great for trailer bites. Though I'm struggling to think of a really funny Eddie Murphy film recently and I'd have to go back and rewatch BHC1 and 2 to recall just how the humor there played out. Just watching the trailers for the first 3 films shows that they banked heavily on Eddies stand-up to sell BHC but could definitely put in his impersonations and jokes in BHC2s trailer. Of course BHC3 wasn't so great and the trailer, much like BHC4, reflects that.

And woooow, assuming Kevin Bacon is the bad guy for BHC4, these films have a SERIOUS bad guy diversity problem, hope the woke brigade is gearing up to protest this :p

GymWolf

Like it was for coming to america, no thanks, i prefer to live with the memories of the old movies.

Trailer looks terrible, it looks like your average cop movie.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
If it’s rated R they got a chance but look what happened to Coming to America sequel…so wouldn’t get my hopes up.
The rating wouldn't make very much difference. However, it could end up like the Coming to America sequel. There's a new Hollywood trend of resurrecting old IPs with a particular comedic or strong lead and replace them with a new young successor. If this is legit, bets are that 20-minutes in Eddie Murphy ends up training up his younger replacement to 'pass the torch'. Either way, these older IPs need to be left alone. Plenty of new material out there that could be utilized and with Beverly Hills Cop...I felt it was 'complete' starting with / ending with the first movie. I really don't remember the sequels.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Lethal Finale directed by Mel Gibson straight to Max is supposed to be happening still.
Oh no, just let it go. I loved the first few LW films far too much, but Murtaugh and Riggs need to go out on the middling note of LW4, not be dragged out for any more adventures. Those films never really hung on the Murtaugh family shenanigans or Leo Getts popping in for me, it was the Riggs drama, nicely resolved for me in LW2, and just the chemistry between the lead actors that sold it. Not sure they could rekindle that dynamic now and find any sort of meaningful bad guy to go up against.

Futaleufu

Eddie Murphy doesnt seem to have the energy to play the same character.

From what I saw this could be the sequel to Metro instead.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Woke Hollywood makes "comedy", none of it is the least bit funny, news at 11
Woke! Woke! Woke! Woke woke woke!

giphy.gif

Gp1

Seriously, hip hop?

The first 3 movies are classics but I don't see neither Eddie cracking jokes like in the 80's nor Netflix allowing it.

We'll see...

Xdrive05

I'll be happy to see this, but... why wouldn't they all be retired after 45 years or whatever the fuck? They've probably had full pensions for a decade by this point. Basically just donating their labor because it's fun to get shot at I guess.

Soodanim

Gold Member
That scene looked like it had a million fucking filters in it, I wouldn't be surprised if they're de-aging the actors
De-age? They need resurrecting.

I watched the original again the other week and it's still great. I don't need a 4th, but as it will be on Netflix I'll eventually be bored enough to give it a go.

KrakenIPA

Looks like Rush Hour and Bad Boys fucked and 9 months later an old baby popped out that looks like a black Benjamin Button, and a dope ass synth track starts playing whenever you look at the old baby.

I predict it will do 20 mil stateside, 65 mil worldwide and then drop on streaming to rent or buy for $20. This is not a movie that I would go out of my way to watch in theatres.

Idk, I haven't liked any of Eddie's movies since he returned to acting. Coming 2 America in particular was just awful.

I heard that the Dolemite movie was decent but I tried watching it and couldn't get into it because he didn't even TRY to sound like Rudy Ray Moore.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Looks good. I don't know if they needed to bring back some of the other characters, but whatever.

nkarafo

I'm sure there was some conflict in Netflix for whether they keep Eddie or use a sassy black woman instead. And if i had to bet for the result i would have lost.

-BLITZ-

Honestly, I didn't even expect the fourth movie to come out. I knew it was in development, but I thought that after all this time they would abandon the project. The thing is that the trailer looks really good and has the atmosphere of the three films of those years, and I would like it to be like that, without dialogues or silly scenes. Few films today have that serious action. :lollipop_grinning_eyes::goog_rolleyes:

Top Bottom