• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Zutroy

A new Rihanna/Calvin Harris collab single coming Friday

Hoping for another WFL Smash.

ChFXI1lUkAA79Ll.jpg

Didn't see this coming! Can't wait! =D

cory64

I thought they were done after some old tea about Rihanna's team rejecting Calvin's stuff for Auntie but I guess the song of the summer is here

Mau ®

ANTi
LEMONADE
Summer Smash with Calvin
R9/ANTi 2 in November

Bey and Rhat have the game on lock this year. Why would the other girls even bother releasing?

The Flop

Banned
Going through some old stuff on iTunes and this just made me lose my body, my hips they won't stop.

"It's been a while
I know I shouldn't have kept you waiting
But I'm here now

I know it's been a while
But I'm glad you came
And I've been thinking 'bout
How you say my name
Got my body spinning
Like a hurricane
And it feels like
You got me going insane
And I can't get enough
So let me get it up

Ooh, looks like we're alone now
You ain't gotta be scared
Where you going now?
I'm a have to floss on you
Let's get it blazin'
We can turn the heat up if you wanna
Turn the lights down low if you wanna
Just wanna move you
But you're frozen
That's what I'm saying

Let me break the ice
Allow me to get you right
But you warm up to me
Baby I can make you feel
Let me break the ice
Allow me to get you right
But you warm up to me
Baby I can make you feel

So you warming up yet?"

tumblr_o03h020SQt1qmrahzo1_500.gif

Nasser

Has anyone you guys tried Nioh yet? It's so fucking hard! I can't even get past the first few mobs. Not fun at all

Has anyone you guys tried Nioh yet? It's so fucking hard! I can't even get past the first few mobs. Not fun at all
The alpha is horrifically unbalanced, so to advance any further, you have to bait out the goons one by one. Taking on more than one at a time is an automatic death sentence.

Or you can just delete it. Such a blatant and inferior ripoff isn't worth the 4GB.

Imagine if Virtua Fighter went four sequels without any competition, then all of a sudden Tekken came on the scene. But it was Tekken 1.

That's Ni-Oh tbh

Nasser

The alpha is horrifically unbalanced, so to advance any further, you have to bait out the goons one by one. Taking on more than one at a time is an automatic death sentence.

Or you can just delete it. Such a blatant and inferior ripoff isn't worth the 4GB tbh

True, trying to fight more than one at the same time is literally an instant death. I like the setting and all (ancient Japan) but it's truly unbalanced. Hope they fix it

I finished DS3 multiple times and have been playing PvP for a while. It's fun and all but honestly BB > DS3

Let me get back to FFXIV

Frodo

Or you can just delete it. Such a blatant and inferior ripoff isn't worth the 4GB.

Imagine if Virtua Fighter went four sequels without any competition, then all of a sudden Tekken came on the scene. But it was Tekken 1.

That's Ni-Oh tbh

Zfwv9S8.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Beyoncé: Formation tour review – defiant, victorious and glorious

5/5

do your faves even bother?

Awe has always seemed like the only appropriate response to Beyoncé, a star who makes even the best of the rest look a bit amateur. She tells us over and over again that she’s number one (she woke up like this, she’s flawless, fresher than you, she slays every day) – and we sing along because they’re all unassailably true. She sounds, moves and looks like a goddess and most of us “bow down” accordingly.

no, not really, seems to be the answer

Even the merch confirmed the ruthlessness: you could buy T-shirts printed with “Boycott Beyoncé”, a reference to the ruckus over whether or not the Miami police would indeed boycott the show.

twirling on them haters honestly

Which song would she cover? None, it turned out, because she did one better. Stars of her magnitude understand when their own brightness might eclipse the thing they want to honor. They understand when to vacate. And, in her case, that meant turning a giant white cube violet, leaving the stage and letting Prince’s Purple Rain play to a stadium full of people, waving their iPhone lights slowly in the night.

hmm, a tribute that doesn't involve shameless self-promotion...maybe she should call her one-time collaborator to give her some pointers

http://www.theguardian.com/music/20...n-tour-review-defiant-victorious-and-glorious

I mean going in on Gaga for SUBTLETY of all things... she obviously was trying to be respectful. but she has literally never been subtle lmao

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
there's a difference between being not being subtle and turning what's supposed to be a tribute into a promotion of yourself as an artist..........................................or an advert for intel for that matter

although to be fair she was hardly subtle about it being an intel ad for lady gaga, so, i guess on that front.................................

there's a difference between being not being subtle and turning what's supposed to be a tribute into a promotion of yourself as an artist..........................................or an advert for intel for that matter

although to be fair she was hardly subtle about it being an intel ad for lady gaga, so, i guess on that front.................................
I don't disagree that it was inappropriate for her to do that performance and inappropriate for her to be doing a Bowie tribute in the first place. They were not contemporaries, they were not friends, and they did not have much in common apart from Gaga being inspired by him. So why she did that is beyond me. Compare that to her Alexander McQueen tribute, someone she worked with frequently and considered a friend, and you can see why it was a terrible idea.

She should've just done what she was planning on doing.

She thought she was being considerate scrapping her original plans and making it a Bowie tribute but I think the problem was that that was the only tribute that night. Like, it's Bowie. There should have been a genuine heartfelt goodbye by other legends. The whole thing was awkward leading up to it coz they really didn't mention Bowie's death as much as they were calling it "Gaga salutes one of her icons." If she came in and did that (with half the songs) at the end or beginning of a more heartfelt tribute then it would have worked.

Meowster

Top three of Lemonade:

Daddy Issues
Don't Hurt Yourself
Love Drought

Top three of BEYONCÉ:

Partition
Jealous
***Flawless ft Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

c4702f62db.gif

At this point all the songs minus 6 Inch, Love Drought, Sand Castles and Forward are tied for first right now. I love how unique Daddy Lessons is but I feel like it's the only song that doesn't totally nail it lyrically.

MrV4ltor

Gaga was stupid for changing her Intel performance last minute, but it would've probably been a disaster either way.
I feel like she was originally going to do an evolution of herself through all her eras and then tease the new era at the end, which I honestly would've found cringy.
Like, you're not even a decade into your career and you're already trying to make people nostalgic for your previous work, it's not gonna work.

Gaga was stupid for changing her Intel performance last minute, but it would've probably been a disaster either way.
I feel like she was originally going to do an evolution of herself through all her eras and then tease the new era at the end, which I honestly would've found cringy.
Like, you're not even a decade into your career and you're already trying to make people nostalgic for your previous work, it's not gonna work.

To think how much bigger she would be right now if BTW didn't sour people and ARTPOP wasn't derivative. Sigh

JCX

To think how much bigger she would be right now if BTW didn't sour people and ARTPOP wasn't derivative. Sigh

That's my biggest disappointment. IMO you need a strong, similar sophomore effort (TFM is a part of The Fame to most people). She should have just made TFM 2.0 to cement her status, then get free to do whatever.

MGMT did the same thing, but at least they kind of did it on purpose.

Top Bottom