• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good And Evil 2 Still In The Works, According To Michel Ancel

RK128

I'm having a weird feeling that Nintendo and Ubisoft are partnering on this game.

I doubt this honestly. Ubisoft would want PS4/X1 sales and they would miss out on that being Nintendo exclusive. If anything, I could picture the game getting money-hatted by MS as a exclusive (like Rise of the TR) or Sony paying for 'PlayStation First' support (aka, the game comes out first on PlayStation, then latter to other systems).

tci

Can we please not open these wounds until a trailer arrives. Until then I don't want to think much about it. HL3 is the same way for me.

Whatever, I enjoyed the first one but if I cant even be hopeful for half-life three I really have no interest in this game at this point. I was excited for the first two years after they announced it but now I just don't care.

Either get the game done at a decent time after you announce it or cancel the damn thing and work on something else. Stop it with the tease all the time.

Setsuna

Whatever, I enjoyed the first one but if I cant even be hopeful for half-life three I really have no interest in this game at this point. I was excited for the first two years after they announced it but now I just don't care.

Either get the game done at a decent time after you announce it or cancel the damn thing and work on something else. Stop it with the tease all the time.

I dont think the game was ever Officially announced

That's good news. The post-credits scene at the end of BG&E suggested that the story was unresolved.

I played the game when it came out, and I really enjoyed it. A sequel sound good to me.

Bleh, I don't think a sequel would be what we all want it to be at this point, game design has changed so much since the original it'd be a spiritual successor at best.

There'd be so much modern game design bullshit in there and the fact it's ubisoft... meh

Maybe time to let this one go.

Stop raising my hopes you fucks, either release a full trailer and release date or keep quiet. This George RR martin "oh don't worry beyond good and evil 2 is on its way, any minute now' bs only hurts my feelings

Famassu

Bleh, I don't think a sequel would be what we all want it to be at this point, game design has changed so much since the original it'd be a spiritual successor at best.

There'd be so much modern game design bullshit in there and the fact it's ubisoft... meh

Maybe time to let this one go.
Nothing wrong with evolving with the times (especially since Ancel himself has made it pretty clear that he doesn't just want to repeat BG&E1) and considering the kind of creative person Ancel is & the kind of creative people his team is filled with, I'm sure that even if Ubisoft forced them to add some of their usual BS into BG&E2, it would at least be done in a slightly more interesting manner than the typical Ubisoft game.

I mean, one of the reasons why BG&E2 has supposedly taken this long (in addition to them delaying the project to this generation because of the possibilities the more powerful PS4 & Xbone offer that PS360 were lacking in) is because Ancel has wanted to keep the dev team small to help maintain that creative spark that is often lost in the factory-like development of huge-ass games like Assassin's Creed.

whoszed

2a30defc8087f89b3637190e178154.gif

Ancel and his team has been on Rayman and Rabbid stuff for years now, right?

Isn't it possible that resources have been freed up for another project, one that doesn't involve wacky lagomorphs or limbless protagonists, now that none of those games are on the horizon?

Lijik

Ancel and his team has been on Rayman and Rabbid stuff for years now, right?

Isn't it possible that resources have been freed up for another project, one that doesn't involve wacky lagomorphs or limbless protagonists, now that none of those games are on the horizon?

Their only known project right now is supporting Rayman Adventures, which I have to imagine is a small team.

In the past they've done Assassins Creed DLC and helped with Just Dance ports (i think specifically the michael jackson one?) which are also projects that dont strike me as needing the full studio on board

Sinsem

Their only known project right now is supporting Rayman Adventures, which I have to imagine is a small team.

In the past they've done Assassins Creed DLC and helped with Just Dance ports (i think specifically the michael jackson one?) which are also projects that dont strike me as needing the full studio on board

Ubisoft Montpellier has several teams working on differents things. One worked on the past two assassin's creed and their DLC for exemple. Valiant Heart was made there too. The Team "Ancel" which worked on Rayman Origins & Legends is only a part of the studio.
It's known that there is a "big" project that kept them busy for a few years now, but so far nothing has leaked. Could be BG&E 2 or not, who knows? :)

Evershade

I hope this is happening sooner rather than later. It's been 8 years since that first reveal trailer and every time there is a "Oh and one more thing moment" I always want this to be it!

Veldin

Please don't tease me like this.

I still get really bummed out just thinking about the fact that there's been no sequel for well over a decade. It was so easy to get invested in BG&E's world and yet there wasn't satisfying closure in the end.

Top Bottom