• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good & Evil 2: The Daily Leak

Empty

oh you uploaded new screens. neat. the mountain in the first shot is the first thing shown from that build that seems like it came from the first game.

Shiggy

Holy shit, AGB took off Shiggy's watermarks, I think its time to ban that website from here >_>

Well, theeen...

agbsucksuob6g.jpg

agbsucks229yl7.jpg

lol

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I dont know much aboug Beyond Good and Evil. Was it a good game? What makes people so interested in the possibility of a sequel?

It's basically a Zelda-esque action-adventure game with light puzzles, inventory stuff, etc. It's got a neat female protagonist, and interesting dystopic near-future world populated by funny and unique creatures, it's a real labour of love and worst of all--the first games ends too soon, suddenly, and on a sort-of cliff-hanger. There was real vision behind the game. It got near-universal praise.

The original is on PS2, GameCube, PC (Steam/GOG), XBLA, and PSN. It's cheap on all of them--at one point it was given away with Cheese Strings, that's how cheap we're talking.

Suairyu

Banned
I dont know much aboug Beyond Good and Evil. Was it a good game? What makes people so interested in the possibility of a sequel?
Not any individual part of the game itself, I assure you. Break it down and it's simply an above-average action adventure. However, the setting and plot combined with that competent-but-unspectacular gameplay to create something more than the sum of its parts.

I do think it's one of the most overrated games among gaming circles, especially here on GAF where it seems to have obtained a holy cow status, but it is definitely worth playing. You can buy it on GoG for cheap.

Shiloa

Not any individual part of the game itself, I assure you. Break it down and it's simply an above-average action adventure. However, the setting and plot combined with that competent-but-unspectacular gameplay to create something more than the sum of its parts.

I do think it's one of the most overrated games among gaming circles, especially here on GAF where it seems to have obtained a holy cow status, but it is definitely worth playing. You can buy it on GoG for cheap.

This is the best assessment I have read. I agree entirely. The individual elements really aren't amazing, and neither is the integration threads such as the plot. But, there is no doubt a certain charm to it all which makes it better on the whole as it should be. It's also wonderfully cartoony in the sense that it could be played by any age and appreciated without being kiddy. It's massively overrated, but worth a go.

SmithnCo

I think it's mostly the setting and characters.

Which aren't really reflected in any of these shots I've seen so far. They look pretty different from the stuff from the first game.

In this chase video, you can see Jade hopping into a helicopter that has the colors of Ethopia, which is often linked to Bob Marley and the Rastafari religion. I guess it was a helicopter from these guys.

Whaaat? I could've sworn I saw Orange/White/Green, the colors of the Indian flag, the country which pretty much everything in this game seems to be based off of.

EDIT Yeah it is the Indian flag, dunno where you're getting Ethiopia from. The town was even populated with humans.

GameE

Kotaku fails and so does AGB. That site takes like 70% of its news from gaf
Poor Shiggy got his work stolen for 2nd time this week :\

Haunted

They're not sourcing?

never going to visit allgamesbeta again

Kotaku sourcing the thieves but not the original can't be punished as I don't go to the site anyway. >_>

Borman

Kotaku can't even read a link and type the website out properly, let alone figure out an original source. When I was posting Battlefront III things, it took Luke a good three or four tries to get it right. I've had sites paste right over my watermark before too, it's pretty bad. I collect rare, unreleased games and yet the sites around the net take it and earn more money with it than I ever will.

GameE

They're not sourcing?

never going to visit allgamesbeta again

Kotaku sourcing the thieves but not the original can't be punished as I don't go to the site anyway. >_>

I dont want to sound like a dick but I dont get why some people on here likes that site since they steal from gaf usually, bad with linking to others. I thought I saw someone say here recently that they took their gifs. Its just a lot of stealed stuff on there. I have a high tolerance for bad websites but AGB is on my dont visit list.

We should get back on topic tho since Shiggy is doing a good job ;D

Agree with this except the stealth sections in the game are fucking HORRIBLE.

Kotaku searches GAF threads all day looking for news and material to post. They know full well where the pictures came from

storl026

Great looking scenery, I've been looking forward to BG&E2 since 2004.

Side note: Since I don't want to necro-bump any of the Beyond Good & Evil HD threads, I have to say that my first BG&E playthrough on PS2 was one of the best gaming experiences I've had. But Beyond Good & Evil HD on PS3 is infuriating. Maybe I've played a lot of games in between, but the camera in this is just dreadful. I am not talking about the common inversion issue. I am talking about having to babysit the camera constantly, weirdly zooming and panning, camera swinging wildly with just a tiny touch of the analog stick, the racing and stealth being almost unplayable because of the weird zooming. This has left a total bad taste in my mouth for the first game. I don't remember the camera being nearly this bad. Am I crazy?

Alex

It looks so massively different than the first one, like you'd never get me to guess it was related at all. It looks like a set from an Uncharted game or something.

AniHawk

It looks so massively different than the first one, like you'd never get me to guess it was related at all. It looks like a set from an Uncharted game or something.

if i'm remembering correctly, the first game was a compromised vision. the stylized look was part of that. the screens from 09 are probably more in line with what ancel originally had in mind.

Acrylic7

Thought it was really average, but a lot of people think its spectacular so what do I know (go play Jak 2 instead)

I tell that to every gamer. Jak 2 is easily Naughty Dogs best game. imo.

Anyway Beyond Good & Evil was just a really good game, it wasn't half ass'd.
When you play it you can tell that the developer put some thought and heart into the game. Nothing ground breaking, but still its pretty good. You can see the level of detail in the world and characters, and I'm not talking about graphics or voice actors.

Cant help but feel as if it could have been more. Everything was just so good, I felt that if it had a bigger team, NOT BUDGET, I could have had more out of this game. Maybe some exploring or something. The World of BG&E needs to be flushed out. I want to take more pictures, meet more characters, have a more in depth battle system instead of hitting one button.
I need BG&E2/

Side note: Since I don't want to necro-bump any of the Beyond Good & Evil HD threads, I have to say that my first BG&E playthrough on PS2 was one of the best gaming experiences I've had. But Beyond Good & Evil HD on PS3 is infuriating. Maybe I've played a lot of games in between, but the camera in this is just dreadful. I am not talking about the common inversion issue. I am talking about having to babysit the camera constantly, weirdly zooming and panning, camera swinging wildly with just a tiny touch of the analog stick, the racing and stealth being almost unplayable because of the weird zooming. This has left a total bad taste in my mouth for the first game. I don't remember the camera being nearly this bad. Am I crazy?

No you aren't crazy, I've replayed BG&E many times over the years so it was immediately obvious just how rubbish the camera is in the HD remake. It was fine in the original versions.

watkinzez

You're not crazy. The PS3/XBLA versions (I presume) are a port of the PC version in which they feel like mouse controls sloppily assigned to control sticks, so they don't take into account the analogue nature of the camera controls. Remember in the original how you could crouch behind a low wall and slowly pan the camera up over it? The HD version only allows you to go between extremes. It happens in the hovercraft too, which leads to some puzzles being an absolute bitch.

Hello.

My name is Jaded Alyx, and I'm here to tell you guys that I am currently locating Shiggy's house. When I find it, I am going to end him for sending me the following image:

trollrgko4.png

I promise it will be swift.

Corto

Hello.

My name is Jaded Alyx, and I'm here to tell you guys that I am currently locating Shiggy's house. When I find it, I am going to end him for sending me the following image:

url]

I promise it will be swift.

Don't you mean slow and painful? ;)

Why now all these leaks Shiggy? Hyping something more official soonish? E3?

Don't you mean slow and painful? ;)

Why now all these leaks Shiggy? Hyping something more official soonish? E3?

It's not in production right now, so it's not like Shigg is doing viral marketing for Ancel. (and I'm starting to doubt this game will ever enter actual production)

Nohar

... Honestly, if this is real, I don't really know how to react about this... Cool, an indian town, some cows, Jade in the background, a lot of uninteresting camera views... A lot of "Fish"...

*sigh* I need a real trailer :(

Top Bottom