• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Two Souls trophy list appears for PS4

Writing? I liked the demo, but nay because of the writing? I think if the game is fun matters more. Maybe I am old-fashioned though.

I mean...it's very, very much a story/writing based game. The writing quality is a pretty massive part of it.

I'd also give it a nay for the poor writing. It really was pretty damn bad. The moment to moment dialogue was poor and many of the emotional scenes that the game tries to hit reallllllllly fall flat.

And that's coming from a guy who even likes William Dafoe as an actor quite a bit.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
This is getting annoying. I thought the game looked beautiful but was completely terrible. Just let me buy like 2 scenes for like 3 quid

Smokey

I'm ok with this. Beyond came out at a time when I was done with last gen. I gave it a try and couldn't get any excitement for it with the new systems around the corner.

Rather than Beyond, I wish they went back and created that DLC (together with a remastered package) for Heavy Rain that was promised that was going to fill some of the gaping plotholes but got ditched in favor of adding Move controls. At least Heavy Rain had mystery and a story going on, even though it has one of my most disliked endings of any game ever. Beyond... looked nice but had nothing substantial. I was so disappointed. Awful writing.

Foreals. I sold my ps3 in september right before ps4 came out. I wanted Puppeteer so bad. Please sony. Please.

Also, Puppeteer would have sold better on PS4 at launch. I just know it.

Absolutely. Still saddens me how ignored Puppeteer went. Damn good game that deserved so much more.

Are the plot holes worse than the ones in Heavy Rain? I enjoyed Heavy Rain and heaven't yet played Beyond. But it's undeniable that the story in Heavy Rain had much room for improvement.
Beyond's story has WAY less plot holes than Heavy Rain. So no it's better actually. But it uses sci-fi to explain some of its stuff so get ready for some craziness.

There's a game in Beyond 2 Souls?
I definitely played this game yeah.

Rather than Beyond, I wish they went back and created that DLC (together with a remastered package) for Heavy Rain that was promised that was going to fill some of the gaping plotholes but got ditched in favor of adding Move controls.
Me too. Sadly Sony wasn't ready to provide the funding Quantic Dream needed for the DLCs. They were going to be quite big, too expensive for Sony's liking.

LAA

Ah neat.

Sadly not sure I want it. Only beat once on PS4 and I felt I was done. I had more motivation to beat Heavy Rain several times on PS3, Beyond Two Souls however I didnt.

I guess it'll be jaw dropping on PS4, but thats as far as interest goes for me.

All Endings...
Saw all endings.

oooof

Quite fancied playing this again on PS4 but having Platinumed it on PS3, that trophy took me aaaaages and I can't go through all that again.

Really enjoyed the game though, despite its flaws. Main problem I had was the pacing was all over the place (that Navajo chapter… zzzzzz)

One of the most underrated games of last year, was lost in all the PS4 hype(just like Puppeteer and GT6). Everyone who liked Heavy Rain should get this, while it wasn't as good, it's still enjoyable and memorable for being unique.

leng jai

One of the most underrated games of last year, was lost in all the PS4 hype(just like Puppeteer and GT6). Everyone who liked Heavy Rain should get this, while it wasn't as good, it's still enjoyable and memorable for being unique.

These two sentences don't quite add up mate.

JoJoSono

Banned
Talk about the most useless PS4 remaster. Game already looks great on PS3 and why would they put it in a higher frame rate? It won't be like a movie then.

Good for those that didn't play it I guess, but the time and money could be better used.

I didn't buy it because reviews were all over the place. Was waiting for a decent price to give it a try as I really enjoyed Heavy Rain but I never picked it up.
Might grab it on PS4 but not for 60 bucks.

I really want to see what it looks like at 1080p/60fps.
It was really good looking on PS3 so I have high hopes for the graphics on PS4.

Pennywise

I'm curious where and when they're gonna announce it.
Every major event is done and they won't release it when there is major competition going on, so they should get it out as soon as they can.

leng jai

Sure they do.

It was underrated. Get it if you liked Heavy Rain even though he didn't think it was as good.

His comment made sense to me.

Heavy Rain wasn't even rated by many people in the first place, so to say Beyond is highly underrated but then worse than HR isn't very convincing.

These two sentences don't quite add up mate.

Heavy Rain 9/10 in my book, Beyond is a 8/10.

Heavy Rain wasn't even rated by many people in the first place, so to say Beyond is highly underrated but then worse than HR isn't very convincing.

Heavy Rain is a polarizing game and it sold really good. That's why I said the people who liked it should get this. Heavy Rain was my GOTY 2010 along RDR.

If you liked Heavy Rain, then you'll probably like it. Can't say the writing is all that great overall, but it's far more focused IMO despite the story being told out of order. Game does suffer some major pacing issues.

i think heavy rain is better overall, beyond had an ok story and terrible gameplay. while heavy rain had a worse writing with interesting story and characters.

Percy

Banned
I'm curious where and when they're gonna announce it.
Every major event is done and they won't release it when there is major competition going on, so they should get it out as soon as they can.

Probably just announce it on the blog like they did with Last of Us. They've never made too big a deal out of these remaster announcements iirc.

Liamc723

Please just officially announce this now Sony, I never got the chance to play Beyond so I'll definitely pick this port up.

Yay or nay? Never played it on PS3

edit: FWIW I enjoyed my time with my one playthrough of Heavy Rain

If you enjoyed Heavy Rain then I say it's worth going for it.

I really enjoyed my first playthrough of the game. There's a good conversation to be had about whether Beyond is better than Heavy Rain or not. They're similar but different.

Top Bottom