• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Two Souls trophy list appears for PS4

I played like 5 hours straight of the game and didn't really understand the hate. The graphics and facial capture were in a league of its own. The best looking game on ps3, easily. Can't wait to see this in 1080p.

Even 1080p and 60fps won't fix the gameplay and story pacing. I don't see a point in remastering something that wasn't that well received to begin with.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Come on, just announce it already, I want to play it!

needs to be in a collection with heavy rain and indigo prophecy. Beyond has some really good story moments but it's not worth what Last of Us is worth.

Quick

Banned
needs to be in a collection with heavy rain and indigo prophecy. Beyond has some really good story moments but it's not worth what Last of Us is worth.

I'd bite if it included at least Heavy Rain.

An Indigo Prophecy remaster seems like a pipe dream, though.

Sealtest

Hmm... I really enjoyed the ps3 one even platinumed it, Played it 2 weeks ago and still enjoy it.

and I feel real bad for not wanting to buy this :(

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I liked it quite a bit. I'm glad it's getting another shot at some sales.

I really dont see why they are bothering with this. The game didn't exactly set the world on fire on PS3.

Would PS4 really make a big difference?

I played it for 5 hours or so last year before giving up, the story was just bad. The graphics are seriously insane though.

Kilrathi

I am going to have to double dip then, the game narrative review I did the past year got me into GDC this year.

I did enjoy the game, but it did have pacing issues that lead to build up at the end of the game.

I wonder if we are going to see any of the cut content from the game, or a copy of the original draft script in this version.

I'd rather have Heavy Rain.

This. As someone who loved Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain, I was super disappointed in Beyond, though I thought the performances of Ellen Page and Willem Defoe were terrific considering the script they were given.

If they bundle it with Heavy Rain, I wouldn't complain, but I dont see myself buying it separately.

Justified

Yay or nay? Never played it on PS3

edit: FWIW I enjoyed my time with my one playthrough of Heavy Rain

Its much more Movie-ish than Heavy Rain. That said If you go into it knowing what type of game it is, you will "enjoy it"

I reminds me of this DVD I have: Dungeons and Dragons Scourge of Worlds....but a more interactive

ZeroX03

Banned
Sure, for $20 I'll give it a try. Otherwise, I'll wait for a price drop or just forget about the game like I did on PS3.

Beyond has the most impressive presentation of any game I've played so I'm really looking forward to seeing it on the PS4. Clean up the IQ a bit and it would easily fit it among the top games of the current generation.

Really enjoyed the game, the branching was a lot more subtle than Heavy Rain but it was there and having it focus on the way Jodie develops as a character was really clever. Thought it was a big step up for Quantic Dream's cinematic presentation even if Cage's writing woes often popped up in the more silly, cliched moments of the game (ugh at the
flashforward
at the end of game)

And the "lol not a game" comments are really silly. Beyond was a huge step forward in terms of interactivity while still letting Quantic Dream have control of the cinematography. The Navajo chapter in particular is a good example of this, huge open area that you can move about freely. The biggest boon for the game though is Aiden, and having control of his actions and watching the results it had on Jodie was great. It's one of the few games where I didn't try to be a terrible person at every opportunity because seeing Jodie become afraid of Aiden was horrifying.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I never played the original but I'm looking forward to this (budget) release. If they opt PS+ I'd be happy too. (Perhaps that's why it's so "secret".)

Cynn

Would double dip for it, despite the terrible plot holes I loved the game.
Plot holes indeed. Someone who DIED in my girlfriend's run through the game appeared right after in a scene to see her off. Wut.

That said, I'm tempted to play it on PS4 myself this time. (We rented it on ps3)

Mengetsu

Platinum it on PS3 will do it on PS4 loved it.

Beyond has the most impressive presentation of any game I've played so I'm really looking forward to seeing it on the PS4. Clean up the IQ a bit and it would easily fit it among the top games of the current generation.

Really enjoyed the game, the branching was a lot more subtle than Heavy Rain but it was there and having it focus on the way Jodie develops as a character was really clever. Thought it was a big step up for Quantic Dream's cinematic presentation even if Cage's writing woes often popped up in the more silly, cliched moments of the game (ugh at the
flashforward
at the end of game)

And the "lol not a game" comments are really silly. Beyond was a huge step forward in terms of interactivity while still letting Quantic Dream have control of the cinematography. The Navajo chapter in particular is a good example of this, huge open area that you can move about freely. The biggest boon for the game though is Aiden, and having control of his actions and watching the results it had on Jodie was great. It's one of the few games where I didn't try to be a terrible person at every opportunity because seeing Jodie become afraid of Aiden was horrifying.

So glad someone understands it as I do. All I hear is lol this ain't a game. Is it a written rule somewhere that says a game can't be any kind of medium? Grimm Fandango, Still Life, 1-2 are great example of games that follow a similar way of playing. I just see it as a cinematic movie that I am finally controlling. You just have to be invested like you would in anything else. If you don't like it I understand but I wish some people wouldn't bash it and say as much as this shouldn't of even been made :/

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Heavy Rain is a much better game in all respects.

Character movement control in Heavy Rain with the shoulder button was unintuitive and clunky. Dialogue accents were also more appropriate in Beyond. It also lacked big plot hole red herrings left over from the cutting room floor.

In fact, Beyond was better than Heavy Rain in a few key ways, but I agree it is not a better game overall.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
How does something appearing on exophase qualify as being post worthy? I mean who's to say they didn't copy and paste the ps3 trophies and just call it ps4 trophies?

Enlighten me.

Top Bottom