• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Two Souls trophy list appears for PS4

Jawmuncher

Jim Ryan turned up on QD's doorstop and said

iebFOlwB4ygij.gif

"How's about less of those remasters EVERYONE hates so much."

Thank You for this GIF. Remember watching that and wondering what the hell the camera man was doing.

2thepoint

Probably not going to bother.

Never even played it on PS3 either.

I am so sick of these lame ass "Remasters" I certainly didn't buy a PS4 to play Ps3 games.

Sony should be straight up ashamed of themselves. They just keep milking the Ps3 cow. You don't see MS doing this, do you??

Is Sony going to "Remaster" every game released on PS3? They are well on the way.

tumblr_n69jwolIlU1rdichro1_500.gif

onQ123

I know this is a bit of a bump, but where is Beyond: Two Souls for PS4?

With the news of God of War 3 being remastered, how is it that Beyond still hasn't been announced, even though there has been a PS4 trophy list floating around since January.

Maybe they are just pacing out the games through the year & this will be the game for a month when they don't have anything else to release. July maybe.

LiK

i really enjoyed it but it ran like ass and actually overheated my PS3 which froze one part. can't wait to replay it on PS4.

jediyoshi

I am so sick of these lame ass "Remasters" I certainly didn't buy a PS4 to play Ps3 games.

Sony should be straight up ashamed of themselves. They just keep milking the Ps3 cow. You don't see MS doing this, do you??

Is Sony going to "Remaster" every game released on PS3? They are well on the way.

I can't tell anymore. Is there a sarcasm script for GAF no one's telling me about.

2thepoint

Maybe they are just pacing out the games through the year & this will be the game for a month when they don't have anything else to release. July maybe.

I would love it in July.

Summer's always the equivalent of the Sahara desert in terms of dry release periods.

Sayers

They tried to . . .

It went rather poorly

2thepoint

Dude, come on!

This is getting out of hand.

We don't need every PS3 game on Ps4.

All these Remasters are just holding up development of new games.

Haha, I was only joking.

But you have to admit, from a financial perspective, it does make sense for all the Xbox 360 players now on PS4.

Atlas157

Dude, come on!

Wrong. All these remasters help fund new games.

Do you honestly think that every soul in a studio drops everything to develop a remaster? Most developers get a 3rd party to remaster the game and if they do it themselves they have a small team to port it.

Considering Sony is probably doing less than 1% of the work to remaster this, I really don't see how it's SHAMEFUL for them.

The game looked good, it's just an extra revenue stream QD thought up with one guy in the back doing the coding, hence why it's taking forever. Most people don't even LIKE their games anyway, they should be HAPPY if it halts further Quantic Dream releases.

Wrong. All these remasters help fund new games.

Do you honestly think that every soul in a studio drops everything to develop a remaster? Most developers get a 3rd party to remaster the game and if they do it themselves they have a small team to port it.

Not with the recent Remasters.

Take The Last of Us, a good portion of ND's human resources had to be committed to developing that deal.

Those personnel would've been better allocated to Uncharted 4 development. IF they had 100% of ND working on that game the whole time, the delay may not have happened.

Drayco21

bender-laughing.gif

If anything, remasters are helping to get new games out the door by bringing in easy money, and most of the time they're being done by different teams who are only doing ports anyway, like Bluepoint Games.

Azdoune

July? God of War 3 Remastered is already scheduled.
It can't be for September (mgs V month).
So August?

Take The Last of Us, a good portion of ND's human resources had to be committed to developing that deal.

Those personnel would've been better allocated to Uncharted 4 development. IF they had 100% of ND working on that game the whole time, the delay may not have happened.
Uncharted 4 development benefits from The Last of Us development.

iNvid02

i hope they do a remaster combo pack with heavy rain, seeing that supernatural concept video makes me want to replay it again.

- tlou
- heavy rain
- beyond two souls
- god of war 3
- journey

and maybe probably bloodborne, thats about as far as my PS4 want goes

Atlas157

Well believe it or not, porting The Last of Us to PS4 helped Uncharted 4 development and it helped Naughty Dog familiarize themselves with the PS4 hardware.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
July? God of War 3 Remastered is already scheduled.
It can't be for September (mgs V month).
So August?

Hopefully Tearaway Unfolded will come in August, since there have been reports it was targeting summer.

Hate to be this guy, but apart from Halo, Gears and possibly Fable what exactly is there left to remaster for MS, that would actually sell.

Oh no!!! It's holding up the development of Ex Dev Studio, Sumo Digital and all the other studios who port games!!! What ever will we do?. As if Quantic Dream, Santa Monica and the others made the ports themselves. You are very misinformed.

Re reading through this thread, people had no problem with a possible Beyond remaster. Then the GoW 3 Remaster was announced and somehow it killed every new game in development

Darknight

You are so wrong, it pains me to reply to you. ND actually got some experience working on Uncharted 4 by working on the remaster. No one is gonna take your crazy theories over what the actual dev team has stated. NO ONE. So stop making a fool out of yourself.

Plus it seems ND delayed U4 because they dont want to rush the title for the holiday. Their work ethic is well above and beyond what say Ubisoft does to meet a deadline. (See AC:Unity and the shitfest) Sony actually gives them the resources and time to get where they need to be at so it wont ruin their work. This is a good thing for the fans as well since we know they will deliver a quality product. (Not saying they make perfect games but rushing games with bugs is always frown upon and makes for big backlash)

Lastly it seems you havent played TLoU:Remastered because it deserves to exist as a playable product. It was well worth the investment for ND,Sony and us the fans. You can get it now roughly for $15 digitally which is an insane amount of content for the price. (due to the bundles and it is the definitive version of a great game)

Dude, come on!

Here's what's happening (and this is as legit as I can say it).

Sony is sitting on a goldmine and that goldmine is PS4. A lot of Xbox and Nintendo (and even PC gamers) jumpshifted to PS4 because it appealed to them more. Those players haven't experienced some exclusive games that came out on PS3 because Sony and the exclusive developers are assuming that none of you owned a PS3 or cared enough to own one at around that time of the cycle. I mean that can be the ONLY reason their game didn't sell well (RIGHT?!!!11!1) on PS3 and they want more users to play it, or just want to recoup the amount of money they lost by making the PS3 game, or just want to plain old jump on the success bandwagon.

Make it more complicated, but this is one side of the argument. Other sides include reasons such as:

- Better hardware ("We couldn't make this game in PS3 because Cell is a piece of shit that makes us work for a living.")

- Refreshing a brand ("We wanted to see if people still want Street Fighter games so we ported Street Fighter II for the airplane entertainment system!")

- Rolling the dice again on marketing efforts ("Goddamnit ACTIVISION!")

- Actually giving a fuck about the game this time around ("YOU HEAR ME JIMMY!? SHARPEN THAT PENCIL!")

- Running the series to the ground ("Flappy Birds: Ultimate Angry Birds Edition")

- Publisher is a douche and doesn't want to financially support their developers ("EA Gravesite: Circa 1991)

- Developer is a douche and doesn't understand what they're selling ("Buy the GOLD Edition with Season Pass for only $99.99! Game sold separately.")

- Give the interns an existing canvas to learn the engine and see what they can produce ("Mona Lisa - Smiling Edition").

- Give the idle team an existing canvas to learn the engine and see what they can produce ("Mona Lisa - Frowning Edition").

Good things come out of it sometimes. Developers who struggle between decision on whether to release new content or patching old content can actually come down to the next month's rent. Sometimes its actually legit excited fans waiting for the series to be ported to the console of their choice. It pays off well a lot of times and everyone ends up being more happier in the end. Sometimes it even results in great collaborations and documentation, and other times its just plain old "Been there, done that".

Bad things come out of it sometimes too. Developers churn the milk to meltdown. Some developers may have an entire cycle planned for the next 5 years on (if things go well) how they'll churn the milk some more. Some have already signed for Sequels, and you goddamn right there will be HD Re-Collections on Nintendo NXT.

I get your concern. Porting means they get to dedicate an entire team to such an old "2013" content. Just know that porting takes around a year or less (two years if you fuck up). Hell, a lot of engines now are compatible with both the existing generations of consoles, so porting might even be done in a coffee session. The point is that creating a brand new game with brand new content takes brand new years. Some developers are not financially stable to face a loss (or even a marginal win). Its why Tomb Raider saw a Definitive Edition port to PS4, PC and Xbox One. Things get repackaged and repurposed to tackle a different target audience. Better yet, Crystal Dynamic didn't even have to stop their train and let others do the work: Nixxes ported the game to PS4, United Front Games ported it to Xbox One. Essentially they're supporting other developers in need of work by giving them work and just paying the bill in the end which will pay off with the port and some more. Developers who churn out a game every 3 years cannot justify a bad selling title. Games are more precious if you're not a company releasing 5 games a year.

If your one game fails and you think it deserves a second chance, you'll rerelease it in a different platform using any of the above excuse or genuine reason.

Just ignore it if its not your thing. Not everyone needs to genuinely lose their shit when a port is announced. :)

Dragun619

Are they? Are they really holding up development of new games?

Most of time this shit is outsourced. Even then, the original studios that do, do the remaster work, do indeed have new games in development.
These remasters don't even look like require as much time and attention you think they take either, considering a lot studios choose go this route.

Nah. I definitely doubt that they would have it done and out by the end of the year. UC4 development had to kick out and change directors mid way and replace them with TLOU leads, And they removed a lead actor who already did a lot of his parts off the project as well.

That kinda tells me the game and story wasn't going anywhere the studio wanted it be, and imagine a lot had to be started from scratch again, when TLOU leads came on board the game.

Elchele

game is worth playing. i didnt like it as much as heavy rain, because of the occult elements. The game goes to doom 3 level of stupidity just fyi

fucking things up with aiden was rad though, especially in the beginning

edit: oh and the indian desert chapter should have been deleted/edited out

:/ damn

I have no problem with remasters/ports or whatever. Bring em on Sony, Bring me Heavy Rain next. Then have some B team bring us the Uncharted Trilogy for Christmas.

RedAssedApe

Banned
QD said they were already working with ps4 dev kits before B2S so porting it shouldn't take them that long. iirc it still sold decent but it pretty much got released at the worst possible time (right around ps4 launch) so re-launching this one makes sense as a lot of playstation owners probably passed on it when upgrading along with all the other people who are new to or returned to the playstation brand.

guessing summer/early fall release to fill in those gaps that are usually there.

2thepoint

I have no problem with remasters/ports or whatever. Bring em on Sony, Bring me Heavy Rain next. Then have some B team bring us the Uncharted Trilogy for Christmas.

I only want a couple of PS4 remasters:

- Uncharted series
- Resistance series
- Gran Turismo series
- Killzone series
- Infamous series
- Ratchet series
- Wipeout series
- Motorstorm series
- Sly Cooper series
- MGS 4 remaster
- Beyond Two Souls remaster
- God of War: Ascension remaster
- Ni No Kuni remaster
- Demon Souls remaster
- Puppeteer remaster
- Rain remaster

Ah fuck it, just remaster the entire library.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Here's what's happening (and this is as legit as I can say it).

Sony is sitting on a goldmine and that goldmine is PS4. A lot of Xbox and Nintendo (and even PC gamers) jumpshifted to PS4 because it appealed to them more. Those players haven't experienced some exclusive games that came out on PS3 because Sony and the exclusive developers are assuming that none of you owned a PS3 or cared enough to own one at around that time of the cycle. I mean that can be the ONLY reason their game didn't sell well (RIGHT?!!!11!1) on PS3 and they want more users to play it, or just want to recoup the amount of money they lost by making the PS3 game, or just want to plain old jump on the success bandwagon.

Make it more complicated, but this is one side of the argument. Other sides include reasons such as:

- Better hardware ("We couldn't make this game in PS3 because Cell is a piece of shit that makes us work for a living.")

- Refreshing a brand ("We wanted to see if people still want Street Fighter games so we ported Street Fighter II for the airplane entertainment system!")

- Rolling the dice again on marketing efforts ("Goddamnit ACTIVISION!")

- Actually giving a fuck about the game this time around ("YOU HEAR ME JIMMY!? SHARPEN THAT PENCIL!")

- Running the series to the ground ("Flappy Birds: Ultimate Angry Birds Edition")

- Publisher is a douche and doesn't want to financially support their developers ("EA Gravesite: Circa 1991)

- Developer is a douche and doesn't understand what they're selling ("Buy the GOLD Edition with Season Pass for only $99.99! Game sold separately.")

- Give the interns an existing canvas to learn the engine and see what they can produce ("Mona Lisa - Smiling Edition").

- Give the idle team an existing canvas to learn the engine and see what they can produce ("Mona Lisa - Frowning Edition").

Good things come out of it sometimes. Developers who struggle between decision on whether to release new content or patching old content can actually come down to the next month's rent. Sometimes its actually legit excited fans waiting for the series to be ported to the console of their choice. It pays off well a lot of times and everyone ends up being more happier in the end. Sometimes it even results in great collaborations and documentation, and other times its just plain old "Been there, done that".

Bad things come out of it sometimes too. Developers churn the milk to meltdown. Some developers may have an entire cycle planned for the next 5 years on (if things go well) how they'll churn the milk some more. Some have already signed for Sequels, and you goddamn right there will be HD Re-Collections on Nintendo NXT.

I get your concern. Porting means they get to dedicate an entire team to such an old "2013" content. Just know that porting takes around a year or less (two years if you fuck up). Hell, a lot of engines now are compatible with both the existing generations of consoles, so porting might even be done in a coffee session. The point is that creating a brand new game with brand new content takes brand new years. Some developers are not financially stable to face a loss (or even a marginal win). Its why Tomb Raider saw a Definitive Edition port to PS4, PC and Xbox One. Things get repackaged and repurposed to tackle a different target audience. Better yet, Crystal Dynamic didn't even have to stop their train and let others do the work: Nixxes ported the game to PS4, United Front Games ported it to Xbox One. Essentially they're supporting other developers in need of work by giving them work and just paying the bill in the end which will pay off with the port and some more. Developers who churn out a game every 3 years cannot justify a bad selling title. Games are more precious if you're not a company releasing 5 games a year.

If your one game fails and you think it deserves a second chance, you'll rerelease it in a different platform using any of the above excuse or genuine reason.

Just ignore it if its not your thing. Not everyone needs to genuinely lose their shit when a port is announced. :)

I love this response, but it's going to fall upon deaf ears. You can't get anything rational ouyt of the anti remaster crowd.

They're just deadset on believing that new games are being cancelled left and right for remasters.

spwolf

I only want a couple of PS4 remasters:

- Uncharted series
- Resistance series
- Gran Turismo series
- Killzone series
- Infamous series
- Ratchet series
- Wipeout series
- Motorstorm series
- Sly Cooper series
- MGS 4 remaster
- Beyond Two Souls remaster
- God of War: Ascension remaster
- Ni No Kuni remaster
- Demon Souls remaster
- Puppeteer remaster
- Rain remaster

Ah fuck it, just remaster the entire library.

there is absolutely no point to that list without Wowhawk.

Also we dont need GT remasters, just GT on PS4

three_muffins

Gold Member
The game was very fun but i dont think enhanced graphics and 60 fps are doing anything for me. The game was pretty static graphic wise. Great game for its time and definitly a beautiful ps3 game, but i think i'll pass on ps4.

hesido

They'd port their codebase to PS4 anyway. Their work didn't go to waste and is being currently used on UC4. It'd be a waste if they converted their tools and engine and not release TLoU.

Since they are using a propriety engine, any porting would logically be handled by themselves, all the work they did is beneficial to their future projects. They have field tested, product-proven PS4 engine in their hands now, something that they already needed to do, and UC4 will be their second game (all that experience going in to the product)

Top Bottom