• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF3 End Game easter egg: BF 2143???

players have found quite the interesting nod to "Battlefield 2142." On the map "Kiasar Railroad," players can stumble across what appears to be a UD-6 Talon, a vehicle that represent the Gunship on the EU side of Battlefield 2142.
http://www.examiner.com/article/battlefield-2142-easter-egg-found-end-game-dlc-could-hint-at-sequel?cid=db_articles

UD-6 Talon Youtube video

Youtube description said:
I was outflanking the enemy in a game of Capture the Flag, on one of the new End Game maps, when I stumbled across this!
Coupled with the 2143 that was spotted on a container on Kharg Island, I reckon the next Battlefield might be 2143.
Either that or it's just a teaser to say that they just started working on it for the 2nd coming release............

I'm pretty certain DICE has already stated BF4 will take place in the modern world. Also, note that DICE has already put a 2143 easter egg on Kharg Island, but they also put dinosaur easter eggs in just about every DLC map pack, so this doesn't mean much.

Previous Easter Egg:

eLnaXg0.jpg

However, if this is not fake (I don't think it is, especially since it seems like other players saw it), a hovering/"functioning" vehicle like this is a more significant easter egg than all the previous. BF4...DLC?

Symphonic

Oh God please. A modern Titan mode? PLEASE YES PLEASE

PLEASEPSEPL SPEL SPLEPSLEPALPSEPLSPELAPLSEPLSPELSPLSPLPLLLLLLllll......zzz...

What the hell is this?

UD097oe.png

I'm pretty certain DICE has already stated BF4 will take place in the modern world. Also, note that DICE has already put a 2143 easter egg on Kharg Island, but they also put dinosaur easter eggs in just about every DLC map pack, so this doesn't mean much.

However, if this is not fake (I don't think it is, especially since it seems like other players saw it), a hovering/"functioning" vehicle like this is a more significant easter egg than all the previous. BF4...DLC?
If this is legit strange to put something like that in unless BF4 is set in the future. Why tease something that isn't going to happen?

I'm pretty sure the logo on that thing is PAC or EU, can't remember which. Considering how much I played Titan you think I would remember. Speaking of Titan, if BF4 is set in the 2142 era it better damn well have Titan mode. Best BF series mode to date, IMO.

Would really dig a sci-fi BF entry.

Play 2142 then, it was ahead of it's time and marred by technical issues associated with the Titan gameplay (which I believe they sort of gave up on the in end, and "fixed" it by not letting you move them).

There was alot of great stuff in 2142, including letting players shoot the cock area of a mech with any gun to do damage.

If this is legit strange to put something like that in unless BF4 is set in the future. Why tease something that isn't going to happen?

I'm pretty sure the logo on that thing is PAC or EU, can't remember which. Considering how much I played Titan you think I would remember. Speaking of Titan, if BF4 is set in the 2142 era it better damn well have Titan mode. Best BF series mode to date, IMO.

They tease about anything and everything. BF3 is full of Easter Eggs from thanking the fans via memorial plate to dinosaurs finding missions.

Dibbz

Just beacuase there is an easter egg, doesn't mean it's their next game. The last map pack had a Mirror Edge easter egg. Does that mean ME2 is gonna come out? Doubt it. Probably just a bit of fun by the artists.

The Dinosaur Easter eggs were just a reference to the players asking for more dinosaurs in the game. I think these Easter eggs actually mean more than that did.

Ill gladly take a downloadable remake of 2142. Battlefield 1943 is actually the title I played the most from this gen. Dice did an amazing job with it!

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
What about Dinosaurs and 2143 all in one? Dinosaurs with lasers. So whacky and zany.

I think that is different to having a Drone/Gunship/Thing from 2142 floating round the map, with that Mirror's edge Easter it's not completely out of place and makes sense in a way. Having something randomly floating around that does not fit in at all, does not make sense unless it was fairly significant.

Top Bottom