• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF3 End Game easter egg: BF 2143???

Is it confirmed what period BF4 plays in? As in Modern Warfare, Futuristic etc.

I hope BF4 is futuristic, tired of modern warfare shit.

Xater

I hope BF4 is futurisitc, tired of modern warfare shit.

Probably just modern warfare. I have to say though that I would like them having another try at the sci-fi thing. 2142 had neat ideas but the execution overall was just lackluster.

eot

Banned
Would easily be the best MP game of all time.

You should play Dino D-Day

ss_570a4c8f8e1909e1543f7a84ea2d72e797dfb8a0.1920x1080.jpg

Anyone remember that big sniper rifle like energy gun? It used to fire small blue energy balls and was really great against vehicles and apc's. That was one of the best weapons in the history of Battlefield ever.

I blew up a lot of APC's with that gun, it was extremely satisfying.

Anyone remember that big sniper rifle like energy gun? It used to fire small blue energy balls and was really great against vehicles and apc's. That was one of the best weapons in the history of Battlefield ever.

I blew up a lot of APC's with that gun, it was extremely satisfying.
The Pilum I believe. I prefer the fly-by-wire weapons myself, though for overloading shields in Titan it was great. :)

I hope BF4 is futuristic, tired of modern warfare shit.
Ditto, devs can come up with new interesting things when games are set in the future.

Given how CoD went futuristic with Blops 2 perhaps EA isn't so afraid of going futuristic again. Let DICE do it EA overlords!

That same crate from Kharg Island is also near the air base at Wake Island.

Then what about Respawn's game ? If it actually turns out to be a sci fi shooter
How come this isn't getting any more attention? Do we have any clue as to what Respawn is doing? This sounds quite possible.

Axspell

Neo Member
I hope all of these easter eggs actually hold some weight. BF2142 is one of my favourite Battlefields hands down. TITAN MOOOOODE.

Then what about Respawn's game ? If it actually turns out to be a sci fi shooter

Actually thinking about it more, that's most definitely not going to be the case. Respawn will be showing their new game at E3, but Battlefield 4 will also be at E3. Doubt EA would be showcasing two games from the same franchise, even if they are completely different.

Oh God please. A modern Titan mode? PLEASE YES PLEASE

PLEASEPSEPL SPEL SPLEPSLEPALPSEPLSPELAPLSEPLSPELSPLSPLPLLLLLLllll......zzz...

It wouldn't even be that hard,

2 aircraft carriers
2 troop helicopters per team
double the amount of boats
add something like a jet ski
instead of a shield the ships have auto turrets

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Oh God please. A modern Titan mode? PLEASE YES PLEASE

PLEASEPSEPL SPEL SPLEPSLEPALPSEPLSPELAPLSEPLSPELSPLSPLPLLLLLLllll......zzz...

YES YES YES BALDJFILDAHILGHAODGHAD

Titan mode is hands down my favorite mode in any online shooter ever.

EVER!

Bring it back DICE, and you can have all my monies.

I want them to make a full on absurd version of Battlefield.
Humans Vs. Dinosaurs Vs. Aliens. 3 factions. One Deathmatch.

Do DICE enjoy making generic military shooters? Don't they want to try something crazy?
Oh right... EA...

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, no. The final stage of fighting inside the Titan is like the worst parts of Planetside 2 or those moronic 64 player Metro conquest servers.

Hell no, that's my favorite part. As the defenders you get to set up inside the hallways, setting up turrets and throwing out medpacks and ammo to your teammates as you take turns shooting out at attackers. As attackers, you get to toss grenades and sneak around the ducts trying to flank the defenders. It's the most fun I've ever had in an online shooter.

Arucardo

Hell no, that's my favorite part. As the defenders you get to set up inside the hallways, setting up turrets and throwing out medpacks and ammo to your teammates as you take turns shooting out at attackers. As attackers, you get to toss grenades and sneak around the ducts trying to flank the defenders. It's the most fun I've ever had in an online shooter.

You know, I'd be willing to give that another chance with the Frostbite 2 engine (Imagine destructible walls inside the Titan!) but knowing DICE it might just end up being a bunch of bottlenecks where only brute force prevails.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The dinosaur easter eggs are so fun... and the pterodactyl flying around in Air Superiority looks really great.

Totally awesome.

I know this thread is about 2143 and all that... but... dinosaurs.

Naked Lunch

I can see 2143 being a themed expansion for BF4 if nothing else. DICE is all about releasing expansion packs with new modes and vehicles rather than just maps. Not out of the question with the way the BC2 Nam expansion was like a whole new game.

You know, I'd be willing to give that another chance with the Frostbite 2 engine (Imagine destructible walls inside the Titan!) but knowing DICE it might just end up being a bunch of bottlenecks where only brute force prevails.

I think you need the bottlenecks to keep the defenders from getting overwhelmed once the shields go down initially. After the shields go down teams storm the other teams Titan and been easily overrun would kill the great balance in Titan gameplay, IMO.

I found that the Pilum "overloading" glitch/feature people found was a nice balance to the bottlenecking, you can blow up consoles 1 and 2, but it does take time to do so. 15 Pilum shots into shields 3 and 4 I believe. I preferred playing on servers that allowed this as it kept games from becoming stalemates.

Top Bottom