• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF4 running via remote play

hesido

There seems to be a massive latency in this particular video, between the time he taps and shooting happens.

If someone slowed down the last part..

Edit: Oh, so this is a PS3?!! The PS4 should rock on..

Playing PS4 games in bed would be awesome!

Why is this feature not shown as pro for PS4? I watched an IGN video about PS4 vs XBO hardware comparison and they didn't even mention this? Come on this is a great pro for who own both systems.

Playing PS4 games in bed would be awesome!

Why is this feature not shown as pro for PS4? I watched an IGN video about PS4 vs XBO hardware comparison and they didn't even mention this? Come on this is a great pro for who own both systems.

probably because you have to buy a $200 controller.

waypoetic

Banned
Hey remember when we wanted this so bad for BF3 and some guy made a CF so that it sort of worked?

Welcome to the real deal.

dat balance. I made a lot of posts today

7mBqGrb.png

There seems to be a massive latency in this particular video, between the time he taps and shooting happens.

If someone slowed down the last part..

Edit: Oh, so this is a PS3?!! The PS4 should rock on..

What? how could you possibly tell that without seeing both screens at once?

Also it's a PS4 in this video but poster was describing his experiences with remote play on ps3 I think

Qassim

The PS4 probably uses a dedicated h.264 encoder (like NVIDIA's Kepler cards and GameStream for Shield) - whilst the PS3 didn't do bad with what it had, the PS4 should be so much better at it for no performance cost.

Raist

Banned
What? how could you possibly tell that without seeing both screens at once?

Also it's a PS4 in this video but poster was describing his experiences with remote play on ps3 I think

You can see enough of the TV to figure that there's a 1 frame delay.

DrZeus

My gf is gonna hate this. Want me to come in the living room and watch Modern Family? Alright let me get my Vita! :p

Jomjom

Banned
Between this, the AC4 remote play demo, and Greg Miller's tweet about Need for Speed competitive play over remote play, Vita is looking like the best $90 purchase I've ever made.

I'm actually getting afraid that I'm going to be playing more PS4 on Vita than on an actual PS4.

Marc

vitabrostmzxu.gif

Many more Vita Bros incoming I think, this was the tipping point that pushed me to get a vita. When they announced this feature I was over the moon as the Wii U had seriously tempted me with that ability but hated nearly everything else about it.

I love my Vita and PS+ combo, more games than I can deal with and all at a high quality. Haven't even got around to playing the AAA games on it yet. Glad I got an OLED and a good deal, and a 32GB memory card is essential. I have bought I think 5/6 games but PS plus has left me with about 4GB left from 32GB.

Playing Resogun/Killzone in bed... how are we expected to sleep!

So... remote play. Can you start it up from the Vita? Or do you start it up on the PS4 and then just pick it up from there on the Vita? Do you have to put your PS4 into a special mode to enable remote play at that time?

Basically, how does it work?

Its becoming more and more evident that my wife is going to HATE my PS4...
Why? She can watch her soaps while you collect fat loots or teabag scrubs or practice your helicopter piloting skills.

Qassim

So... remote play. Can you start it up from the Vita? Or do you start it up on the PS4 and then just pick it up from there on the Vita? Do you have to put your PS4 into a special mode to enable remote play at that time?

Basically, how does it work?

You can remote start your PS3 via remote play, so I suspect it's the same for the PS4.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
You can remote start your PS3 via remote play, so I suspect it's the same for the PS4.

The only reason I don't have that enabled on my PS3 is because it makes my PS3 make a constant little noise. It makes me unable to sleep. On PS4 the system should remain silent so I'm really looking forward to this.

dreamfall

SWEET SWEET BANDERAS DREAMS!

Oh my, so much love.

Yoshida, Cerny, Boyes- you magnificent gents.

I want to see it with EVERYTHING!

Top Bottom