• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother 19 |OT| Fake Apples, Real Snakes

MisterHero

Nah I don't think production forced him to put up people from his own alliance and rub everyone the wrong way. He played a dumb game week 1 and got punished for it. Even on his way out he's rubbing people the wrong way. The only reason him coming back matters at all is that Jessica got that temptation somehow. Do the cat ladies really like her? I can't imagine they do.
Cody screwed up with Christmas but you know what, I'll root for the guy that goes against the guy with 3 weeks of safety and an instant 8-person bracelet alliance

I mean....what would you rather have? No one come back? Because if this never happened, the house was essentially Kevin vs Ramses vs Josh vs Jessica vs Paul + groupies. Entertaining houseguests, or at least ones with personalities, would all be targeted and we'd have the oh so entertaining houseguests like Matt, Raven, and Elena here until the end.

Now we at least we have some hope and strange dynamics and power on a side that isn't Paul's.

You guys are saying "ugh season over" as if this shit wasn't already awful.

The biggest problem right now is that even if Cody goes against Paul, all of these people are so far up Paul's ass that all that will happen is that Cody will get himself evicted again once Jessica uses up her hex.

SPOILER ON WHO WON HOH

Looks like the reddit user was right. The teaser for the next episode shows the comp that the reddit user was describing. Jessica is HoH.

We'll know for sure in like 2 hours though, anyways, when feeds return.

Kyrios

I guess Kevin but he hasn't done much to stand out.

Yeah, Mark isn't bad either.

I just still can't figure out how Christmas is still able to stay in the house. Thought it was ridiculous that she can get picked for a veto comp and then at the actual game she gets told she can't play and it's -1 player.

Don't know what the heck is wrong with the producers this season. If anything switch her name out with another "Player's Choice" during the selection, if she can't play in the upcoming veto comp.

Saw the spoiler on Reddit. Bye. Literally never watching this show again.

Cameron is the most husband material guy I've ever seen, and I never got to see him on the feeds ONCE.

This is the most bizarre complaint about this show I've ever seen, and I've seen a whole lot of them.

Jasper

FUCK...THIS IS GOING TO BE AN EPIC WEEK!

I won't spoil anything, but let's just say that I think Paul is going to probably get his head punched in on live television this Thursday night. What he's orchestrating is fucking hilarious and going to make the HOH look like a fucking fool on live television when he or she learn that they have been tricked by the entire house.

Velcro Fly

It doesn't take much effort to shit on bad players. And what is going on this week is pretty much the hallmark of bad play. We are pretty much accustomed to the level of play most new players are capable of but this is bad even for that.

Invictus

Banned
FUCK...THIS IS GOING TO BE AN EPIC WEEK!

I won't spoil anything, but let's just say that I think Paul is going to probably get his head punched in on live television this Thursday night. What he's orchestrating is fucking hilarious and going to make the HOH look like a fucking fool on live television when he or she learn that they have been tricked by the entire house.

Please do tell in spoiler tags please.

Jasper

Jessica is HOH and POV winner and she's nominated Ramses and Josh (with Ramses being a pawn, and Josh being the target). Instead of Jessica getting out Paul or one of his minions, her hatred for Josh has taken over her common sense, and she's decided she wants Josh out of the house instead. She's also decided not to play the POV.

So both Cody and Jessica are basically spending all their time locked away in the HOH room as if they are king and queen of the house - thinking everyone is going to vote out the one person they both hate most in the house - Josh.

What they don't know, Paul has organised for everyone to vote out Ramses instead (Ramses being someone outside of Paul's alliance, and someone Paul was wanting to evict if he had won HOH). Josh is also a Paul minion.

Come Thursday, Jessica and Cody are going to be blind-sided and learn that yet AGAIN, everyone in the house tricked both of them (just like they tricked Cody during his HOH week when he tried to get out Christmas).

Jessica and Cody are going to feel like fucking fools! Instead of evicting Paul or one of his minions, Jessica/Cody are instead accidentally going to get out Ramses - someone who isn't in Paul's alliance (and someone who could have been a potential ally for Jessica/Cody).

In regards to the spoiler,
can't Jessica stop that from happening with the hex or am I misunderstanding the hex's power? I thought you could stop an eviction or something?

killroy87

can't Jessica stop that from happening with the hex or am I misunderstanding the hex's power? I thought you could stop an eviction or something?

She would need to know it's coming. This seems like a poor week to use that power, ideally she'd use it to save herself or Cody.

Ganhyun

Regarding your question:

She would have to use it before anyone voted. She'd also need to get wind of this happening to know to use it.

Socivol

This is so stupid. I don't understand why the "outsiders" continue to work with the main alliance to try to get them out WITHOUT PUTTING UP TWO MEMBERS OF THAT ALLIANCE.

RedHill

Banned
I mean....what would you rather have? No one come back? Because if this never happened, the house was essentially Kevin vs Ramses vs Josh vs Jessica vs Paul + groupies. Entertaining houseguests, or at least ones with personalities, would all be targeted and we'd have the oh so entertaining houseguests like Matt, Raven, and Elena here until the end.

Now we at least we have some hope and strange dynamics and power on a side that isn't Paul's.

You guys are saying "ugh season over" as if this shit wasn't already awful.
And that's the t. Without Cody it would start to get boring

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I watched a interesting video take on the season.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFdGkzDbCWY

SPOILERS is contained in the video for the Current HOH and Noms.

TLDR:
The cast is racist against PoC

Wow, that was the most "reaching" video lol.

Let's ignore the fact that Dom was just crazy (does this guy not watch live feeds?) and/or disillusion. And Josh has been a complete nut case since day one.

Production influence I can be on board with, but all the other stuff is just dumb.

People see what they want to see (myself included of course).

Wow, that was the most "reaching" video lol.

Let's ignore the fact that Dom was just crazy (does this guy not watch live feeds?) and/or disillusion. And Josh has been a complete nut case since day one.

Production influence I can be on board with, but all the other stuff is just dumb.

People see what they want to see (myself included of course).

In another video he said he was a feed watcher this season but not anymore.

Agreed there maybe some production influence as with the Paul crap but this is a tad but of a reach. Dom sank her ship fast. If she dident do the talk show and went all out with the god stuff she would still be there.

Velcro Fly

It has more to do with who they are casting and how they always seem to look for certain types of people than it does with the cast being racist.

Jessica is HOH and POV winner and she's nominated Ramses and Josh (with Ramses being a pawn, and Josh being the target). Instead of Jessica getting out Paul or one of his minions, her hatred for Josh has taken over her common sense, and she's decided she wants Josh out of the house instead. She's also decided not to play the POV.

So both Cody and Jessica are basically spending all their time locked away in the HOH room as if they are king and queen of the house - thinking everyone is going to vote out the one person they both hate most in the house - Josh.

What they don't know, Paul has organised for everyone to vote out Ramses instead (Ramses being someone outside of Paul's alliance, and someone Paul was wanting to evict if he had won HOH). Josh is also a Paul minion.

Come Thursday, Jessica and Cody are going to be blind-sided and learn that yet AGAIN, everyone in the house tricked both of them (just like they tricked Cody during his HOH week when he tried to get out Christmas).

Jessica and Cody are going to feel like fucking fools! Instead of evicting Paul or one of his minions, Jessica/Cody are instead accidentally going to get out Ramses - someone who isn't in Paul's alliance (and someone who could have been a potential ally for Jessica/Cody).
God I hope somehow Jessica gets wind of this before the POV meeting and puts up Paul instead of Ramses. Make Paul scramble to save his own skin. Going to suck seeing another wasted HoH.

Tregard

Soothsayer
All of the "kingpins" in the house are annoying me to no end. I don't enjoy watching Paul, Cody or Jessica, and they seem to make up 90% of the episodes thus far. The other 10% being that clip of Christmas breaking her leg.

Velcro Fly

Josh might be the worst person I've ever seen on this show. Well top 10 at least. There have been some doozies.

He's pretty bad but I feel like Cody and Jessica do a pretty good job of egging him on in many cases as well. Cody shit talking him after he dropped in the HOH comp is a prime example of this.

killroy87

All of the "kingpins" in the house are annoying me to no end. I don't enjoy watching Paul, Cody or Jessica, and they seem to make up 90% of the episodes thus far. The other 10% being that clip of Christmas breaking her leg.

You'll eat your words when they leave and Matt is suddenly thrust into the spotlight.

I never understand why people want the ones associated with all the drama to leave. Why do you even watch this show?

Jessica is HOH and POV winner and she's nominated Ramses and Josh (with Ramses being a pawn, and Josh being the target). .

jesus christ. How can you target
Josh instead of Paul
when you are
HOH AND POV.
It`s very unlikely that they will get such a chance again before
Jess or Cody
get nominated themselves. What an error on their part just because
she doesnt like Josh.

I mean
i`m happy because that means a couple more episodes with Cody vs. Paul etc but from a game point of view that is such a mistake. Take the main person out as soon as possible. If it wasnt for the temptation Paul would be out the door already because Cody had the balls to put him up. So why waste another chance

Jasper

If it wasnt for the temptation Paul would be out the door already because Cody had the balls to put him up. So why waste another chance

I find it really interesting when I hear people say Paul would have been eliminated week one if it wasn't for the temptation.

Honestly, I think if there was no temptation and he was on the block - he still would have found a way to stay.

That week, he single-handedly managed to convince everyone to go against the HOH's wishes, and keep Christmas (a massive physical threat to everyone in the house - at least at that time before her injury) instead of weakling Jillian.

jesus christ. How can you target
Josh instead of Paul
when you are
HOH AND POV.
It`s very unlikely that they will get such a chance again before
Jess or Cody
get nominated themselves. What an error on their part just because
she doesnt like Josh.

I mean
i`m happy because that means a couple more episodes with Cody vs. Paul etc but from a game point of view that is such a mistake. Take the main person out as soon as possible. If it wasnt for the temptation Paul would be out the door already because Cody had the balls to put him up. So why waste another chance

To be fair, with this lot I'm not even sure they have the votes to evict Paul if they do put him up and I think that's what Jess is worried about.

To be fair, with this lot I'm not even sure they have the votes to evict Paul if they do put him up and I think that's what Jess is worried about.

you are probably right.
Even if he would be on the block Paul would just tell everybody to evict Ramses because he is a floater. Also Paul would tell the house that with him the rest of the house has a better chance to kick out jess and cody and THEN they can still kick him out or something. That would be his plan at least thats what i would have told them. Also i just watched the latest episode and DAMN Josh is a disgusting person. His comments during the HOH competition were terrible. Outside the house Cody would put him six feet under.

And if i think about it it`s better to kick Josh out because he talks alot of sh** about Jessica and Cody painting an even bigger target on their back.

So right now i`m Team Josh OUT

That just shows how strong Paul is in this game. Even if you could put him on the block it wouldnt get him evicted even though he is the biggest threat in this game.

edit: totally forgot that Paul and the rest know their plan to get josh out .
the best plan is to use the POV and get either Raven or Paul up as a replacement for ramses to get josh out. Jess has to use it.

Cabal

100% this. It's game suicide to do this right now.
That ship sailed, after Paul got his ass crowned king by Production. Now he's so in control of the game he's controlling the vote single handedly. Somebody will wake up eventually, but not this week.

Tregard

Soothsayer
You'll eat your words when they leave and Matt is suddenly thrust into the spotlight.

I never understand why people want the ones associated with all the drama to leave. Why do you even watch this show?

The thing is, I adored Paul last season, and this season he feels utterly played up. This season would be miles better without him screaming about how everything was his idea and he did all the work. Not here for a redemption arc when you lost your first season due to an obvious blunder at the very last hurdle.

Cody & Jessica, I get that they are just not my cup of tea. I don't want *all* the drama to be gone, I just find Cody irritating and Jessica is connected to him. I'm really enjoying the likes of Kevin, Christmas and Alex (hell, I even like watching Josh).

lenovox1

100% this. It's game suicide to do this right now.
That ship sailed, after Paul got his ass crowned king by Production. Now he's so in control of the game he's controlling the vote single handedly. Somebody will wake up eventually, but not this week.

Not for Jess. Unless she or Cody win HoH, this is the absolute best time for her to backdoor Paul. Put him up against Raven and he goes home. Remember, she can literally stop any eviction from happening right now.

JettDash

They had the veto ceremony. Jess decided not to use it. So the noms are set at Ramses and Josh. Paul is going to blindside them and send Ramses home instead of Josh.

MisterHero

They had the veto ceremony. Jess decided not to use it. So the noms are set at Ramses and Josh. Paul is going to blindside them and send Ramses home instead of Josh.
SMH @ nominations

If they really wanted Josh to go they could've put him against Paul.

Alas, it seems only Paul is playing with a full deck

killroy87

Am I just missing something crazy about
Ramses?

Why/how did he become such a target? At least in the TV edit, he seems to be barely a bystander.

Top Bottom